James Cameron inspired Ridley Scott to do Alien Prequel?

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Nov 27, 2009, 07:34:57 PM

Author
James Cameron inspired Ridley Scott to do Alien Prequel? (Read 9,785 times)

SiL

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 11, 2009, 07:22:18 AM
Where was actual vitriol implied?
"Hate", generally.

Xhan

And that's what HDS said.

Paraphrase:

"I hate scifi"

"Oh so do I, but this film is different"

Necronomicon IV

Necronomicon IV

They neeed to team up sometime.  >:(

Cellien

Better hurry... Ridley ain't no spring chicken.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 27, 2009, 07:34:57 PM
"I mean, Ridley and I talked over lunch maybe 10 years ago and I said, "Look, I'll write it and produce it, you direct it, it'll f**king kick ass!" And he was like, "Yeah, let's do it!" And nothing happened."

Interesting...

This appears to confirm the RS's enthusiasm got ahead of him, Cameron wanted to do it, but RS just didn't bother to get back to him about it.

Not the first time, either. There were forever quotes by Weaver, saying she'd talked stuff over with him at dinners and such, but never anything about actual development being done on it.

Commander Griker

James Cameron should do another Aliens squeal

Federick Gonsa

I hope that the prequel does not turn out to be just vapor.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Herk Mondo on Feb 01, 2010, 07:04:10 AM
James Cameron should do another Aliens squeal
Someone already did. ;D

SpaceMarines

I'm am now rabidly curious as to whether that comic actually existed (unlikely), and if it did, what that comic was about.

SiL

It does exist. Some dudes strap a bomb on a pig and send it into an Alien hive or some such.

It's in one of the omnibuses.

predalien27

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 01, 2010, 11:22:33 PM
I'm am now rabidly curious as to whether that comic actually existed (unlikely), and if it did, what that comic was about.
It did.  I could just never find it.  I think it is about a pig with a nuke in him or something.

Edit: Damn! You posted it first!

SpaceMarines

I can't stop thinking about if in Babe, the farmer had found an Alien egg.

CANNON

Lol what a funny coversation.

DarthJones

I hope Cameron does get to produce, I highly doubt Fox would say no to him especially since he gave them the highest grossing movie ever.

PRI. HUDSON

I wish Cameron would do Alien 5. Make Alien 3 and Alien Res *cryo dreams*. Which be an easy cop out to sideline those 2 films. I don't hate Alien 3 I actually liked it, but Alien Res can be done without.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed