ok, so here is how i see the alien life cycle working out.

Started by marrerom, Nov 24, 2009, 02:14:33 AM

Author
ok, so here is how i see the alien life cycle working out. (Read 7,848 times)

marrerom

ok, for starters let me just say that even though they suck, I include the avp movies as cannon. All the movies are cannon imo... now let get to the basics:

How to get an alien warrior: life cycle starts with the egg. the egg contains the facehugger, which attatches to the host and implants an embryo which then burst out of the host as a chestburster...i think thats right so far...so then the chestburster grows, sheds its skin, and becomes the 8ft tall wrecking ball we all know and love.

How to get a Queen:
this one is a little more tricky but follow me through this... Ok so we start with an egg...but this egg is different because it has a super facehugger (Alien3) which can lay multiple embryo's into a various hosts. It layed a Queen embryo into ripley and a warrior embryo into an ox. The Queen embryo takes longer to gestate then a warrior but when it chestbursts through the host it is already showing signs of its special nature ( extra forelimbs and a crest). The queen chestburster takes 3 days to become a full grown queen (Alien res) and then it starts laying eggs.

But!!! These arent the only ways to make a Queen or an Egg or even a warrior Alien!

An other way to make Eggs without a fully grown Queen is when, in the absense of a Queen, the dominant drone will begin to transform into a queen (AVP-R) this young Queen can create more warrior aliens by using a back up reproductive method that involves orally implanting embryo's into a host. This method requires no facehuggers and if the host if pregnant then they can be used to spawn muliple aliens that erupt from the host's body via their enlarged gut as opposed to bursting from the chest...This method was used in gunnison colorado where their was an abundance of hosts but the Queen hadnt developed her Egg laying ovipositor yet...its reasonable to assume that all young Queens use this back up method of reproduction before they fully mature and grow an ovipositor (this is also assuming of course that they have access to a large host population while they are not yet fully matured).

Another way aliens can make Eggs without a Queen is by converting dead organic material (in this case brett, as was seen in Alien) into an Egg (this egg would presumable house a Super facehugger)  this backup method of Egg production was used when there was a finite number of hosts available. The Alien in Alien didnt have access to many hosts, one could theorize that this method of egg creation is prefferable in this type of situation because an egg can last  many many years. Long enough for contact with hosts to be reastablished (as was seen in Alien when kane was taken by a presumably ancient egg in the derelict).

So their you have it! I have reconciled all the different things the movies have shown into a comprehensive guide on the Alien life cycle...now then, what are your opinions, criticisms, and other valued input about this? did i get something wrong? did i get it all right? let me know!  ;D

MadassAlex

Overcomplications are overcomplicated.

Eggs produce facehuggers, which impregnate a host. The result of this is a chestburster, which grows into an adult Alien. Adult Aliens can morph other life-forms into eggs.

Also, there are sometimes Queens.

Xenomrph

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 24, 2009, 02:34:36 AM
Overcomplications are overcomplicated.

Eggs produce facehuggers, which impregnate a host. The result of this is a chestburster, which grows into an adult Alien. Adult Aliens can morph other life-forms into eggs.

Also, there are sometimes Queens.
This right here.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with stuff like Praetorians existing due to Royal Jelly and potentially becoming new Queens if there are none around, and I really don't mind some of the other "oddball" Alien types in AvP: Extinction.

SM

"I don't have a problem with something existing due to something else that doesn't exist either"
;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

??? Nobody is saying that, and even if people were, what's the problem?

SiL

I think there has been some failure to communicate.

Introduce royal jelly, then have Praetorians based on that.

Xenomrph

I guess I'm just going off the EU sources, which have Royal Jelly and use it as a potential method to create Praetorians. It's not like I was just making it up.

SM

It just seemed an odd comment to accept the Preatorians can exist, based on Royal Jelly.  Is Royal Jelly's existance a given but Praetorians aren't or something?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well no, I was just sort of tossing it out there to answer the question, "where do Praetorians come from?" or something. I took the existence of both as a given, but figured I'd clarify where Praetorians might come from. It's not like it's necessary, I'd be willing to accept both without them being linked. Perhaps Praetorians are born from special eggs like they do in AvP: Extinction, or just evolve like they do in AvP2, and Royal Jelly can turn "normal" eggs into Queen-bearing eggs similar to how royal jelly works with bees.

Just making mention of stuff I personally accept outside the movie's basic "Queens/drones/eggs/facehuggers/egg-morphing" stuff, nothing more. :)

SM

Which takes us back to Alex's ever so eloquent and concise "Overcomplications are overcomplicated."

Xenomrph

Meh, I don't see it as overcomplicated. It makes sense to me, and I think that's what matters. :)

MadassAlex

I like the idea that Aliens have the capacity to be somewhat individualistic, and that the badasses that grow old and get wise to what other life-forms are capable enough sort of just default into the position of guarding the Queen.

We can call these dudes "Praetorians" 'cause it makes sense to call them that.

Xenomrph

Using "Praetorians" as a title and not an actual distinguishing label (like "male" or "female")? Makes enough sense to me I guess, although I'm not sure how much I agree with it.

Didn't you mention something very similar in one of the older "Praetorian" threads?

MadassAlex

Yep.

The beauty of it is that it allows basically any theory to work under it. If any Alien that guards the Queen is a "Praetorian", it doesn't contradict anything ever and never can.

SM

Just call them Aliens.

"Overcomplications are overcomplicated."  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed