Another PC Zone Preview

Started by Rimski, Nov 20, 2009, 12:37:16 PM

Author
Another PC Zone Preview (Read 18,859 times)

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 10:21:27 PM
Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Nov 20, 2009, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 10:10:25 PM
Everyone always thinks avoiding a question means the answer is the opposite of what you want to hear.

However, it's pretty hard to interpret any sort of in game action as chokeslamming an alien unless the marine was  infact choking slamming an alien. That's some pretty obvious stuff that's not really left to interpretation.

And well, yes... it is pretty unbelievable. Not only are we talking about a marine carrying all of his equipment and picking up an alien with one hand (the gun being in the other hand), We're talking about picking up a creature with one hand that has a tail that can drive straight through or puncture your forehead with a phallic symbol and tear you to pieces.

Would a 200 lb marine be able to pick up a cheetah by the neck with one arm and live to tell the tale? Highly doubtful. And cheetahs don't really compare to aliens.
no he couldn't but if the alien is completely on the marine with all limbs off the ground then the marine would only have to use gravity. and post earlier
Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Nov 20, 2009, 09:36:09 PM

Um... if the alien is completely on top of the marine, gravity is working AGAINST the marine. And there is no way the marine is grabbing the alien by the throat, pushing himself of of his back (with the hand that is still holding the gun) and lifting (with one hand) the alien up off of him and then (with one hand still) slamming the alien down. No way. No how.
no if the alien is on the front of him then he would be pulled forward with the aliens back to the ground, and could still be gripping his gun.

kvon17

kvon17

Have you ever been in a fight with someone on top of you?

Have you ever wrestled?

Have you ever pretended to wrestle around with a friend/sibling?

My guess is no. Because if you had, you would know THAT DOESN'T WORK. If someone is on top of you, it's not very easy to reverse the situation.

Now, take that tid bid of info into a grappling match between a marine, and a creature who's only means of securing hosts for it's species/killing shit is grappling.

That's like saying you (personally) would be able to stop a MMA fighter from pummeling the shit out of you if he got on top of you.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 10:32:01 PM

Have you ever wrestled?

My guess is no. Because if you had, you would know THAT DOESN'T WORK. If someone is on top of you, it's not very easy to reverse the situation.

Now, take that tid bid of info into a grappling match between a marine, and a creature who's only means of securing hosts for it's species/killing shit is grappling.

That's like saying you (personally) would be able to stop a MMA fighter from pummeling the shit out of you if he got on top of you.
ok if the marine was on his back then yes he wouldn't be able to slam an alien but what i get is they are both standing. yes i watch those fights and they go forward the fighter going to his back tries to completely role back to revers it. i have also take 15 years of tie kwon do so i know what i'm talking about.

tigerija

tigerija

I didnt see that so...

But If that is true, omg that is fail... Marines can survive falls from 10 meters, can choke an alien, they are terminators and not humans. I want to play with humans. NORMAL HUMANS FFS.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Nov 20, 2009, 10:40:56 PM
Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 10:32:01 PM

Have you ever wrestled?

ok if the marine was on his back then yes he wouldn't be able to slam an alien but what i get is they are both standing. yes i watch those fights and they go forward the fighter going to his back tries to completely role back to revers it. i have also take 15 years of tie kwon do so i know what i'm talking about.

cool. so you should understand that flipping someone over against their will isn't a small feet. especially when their kicking the shit out of (or clawing/stabbing/biting/sticking their lil mouth through) you.

Brother

Brother

This actually doesn't deserve a discussion. Humans can't do shit against aliens without a weapon. End of story.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: Brother on Nov 20, 2009, 10:54:56 PM
This actually doesn't deserve a discussion. Humans can't do shit against aliens without a weapon. End of story.
that's unrealistic i think kimbo could smack an alien pretty good before dieing.
i think the issue here is everyone is imagining this completely different. when we have to see it to know. the way i imagine it it's possable. i'm not at all saying a human could beat up an alien. i know people that can bench 300+ pounds. i think they could slam an alien to the ground. yeah they would get cut up, but think they could do it. does everybody think aliens are like superman?

affinity

affinity

aliens don't weigh any more than a sumo wrestler.   they can be pushed aside by humans.  Heck, Vazquez was able to pin a alien against the wall with her boot.

kvon17

kvon17

Mr. Tae Kwon Do,

Bench Press is COMPLETELY different from picking something up. It uses a COMPLETELY different set of muscles. And frankly, those muscles are quite weak comparatively. Lay on your back and use one hand to press a 50 lb object. Now try to do that standing up and with your shoulder muscles. It's hard as f**k comparatively. Why do you think that in films whenever people pick someone up by the neck with one hand they zoom in on the fact that they've lifted the persons feet off the ground? Because it emphasizes the fact that it is hard as balls to do. And it's usually 350 pound bulked up muscle heads lifting skinny defenseless women off the ground.

@affinity
the thing was coming out of a vent and she was PUSHING with her LEG. a MUCH easier action than PULLING UPWARD with your SHOULDER. You can legpress FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more than you can curl (unless you happen to not have legs.) She also didn't hold it there for long. If she didn't shoot it, she probably would have been dead.

Brother

Brother

Vasquez was supposed to make a "badass" kill in the movie, and she was armed.
IF the marine is able to smack me, and he was unarmed, I would just use the tail and slay him from a distance.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 11:10:12 PM
Mr. Tae Kwon Do,

Bench Press is COMPLETELY different from picking something up. It uses a COMPLETELY different set of muscles. And frankly, those muscles are quite weak comparatively. Lay on your back and use one hand to press a 50 lb object. Now try to do that standing up and with your shoulder muscles. It's hard as f**k comparatively. Why do you think that in films whenever people pick someone up by the neck with one hand they zoom in on the fact that they've lifted the persons feet off the ground? Because it emphasizes the fact that it is hard as balls to do. And it's usually 350 pound bulked up muscle heads lifting skinny defenseless women off the ground.

@affinity
the thing was coming out of a vent and she was PUSHING with her LEG. a MUCH easier action than PULLING UPWARD with your SHOULDER. You can legpress FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more than you can curl (unless you happen to not have legs.) She also didn't hold it there for long. If she didn't shoot it, she probably would have been dead.
no one said anything about picking up, it said choke slam. that's down. down, up. there is a different.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Brother on Nov 20, 2009, 11:12:58 PM
Vasquez was supposed to make a "badass" kill in the movie, and she was armed.
IF the marine is able to smack me, and he was unarmed, I would just use the tail and slay him from a distance.

I dont think you can loose your Pulse Rifle in MP or SP, so its more like the Vasquez finished move. Anyway, it could be the one when the alien its at the top of the marine after a pounce, and the marine kick it...and then fire. The preview could be mistaken. Who knows. Its sounds too strange, to be real.

kvon17

kvon17

generally, to slam someone down, you have to get rid of their connection between their legs and the ground. If you are implying that the marine is actually tripping the alien thus getting even CLOSER to the thing... well... then you be outside your mind, yo. but simply "pulling down" and not lifting and then slamming... well... not only would it look retarded, but it just wouldn't work ever. not even on a human.

@ yutani, I hope that is the case. kicking it off and shooting would be much more possible.

Dusk

Dusk

Now I can't get the picture of a Marine performing a chokeslam on an Alien out of my head anymore. It's just too hilarious to picture.

Now we need a Piledriver finisher for the Predator.

kvon17

kvon17

or Sonya's (from mortal kombat) leg throw

@ 1:05 ish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqFtcltfk8

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed