Why is Rodriguez even dissing Predator 2?

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Nov 10, 2009, 02:19:58 AM

Author
Why is Rodriguez even dissing Predator 2? (Read 4,443 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Has he seen HIS movies? It seems like his type of movie. Most of his films are gory B-movies.

Hopefully by him disliking Predator 2, we won't get a film like Predator 2, which features over the top gore(Planet Terror, From Dusk Till Dawn). Though if the film does end up gory, we all know who to point at.

Just for that Rodriguez...this better be serious and restrained like the first film.

I still think it's funny he's ignoring Predator 2. I can totally picture that guy enjoying the heck out of those kills in Predator 2. Ironic.

Highland

I'm also not sure why predator 2 even has to be brought up. He can easily make his movie after the events in predator without touching predator 2.

Unless he plans to screw up the franchise, which wouldn't surprise me.

SM

What has he actually said to "dis" Predator 2.

You could argue that Predator 2 ignored Predator anyway.  Different location, no recurring characters, and only a passing reference to events in the previous flick.

Pvt. Hicks

Well not "diss" per se, just ignore. That guy is a total gore nut.

SM

A "total gore nut" who makes kids flicks...

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2009, 03:24:40 AM
A "total gore nut" who makes kids flicks...

You're saying that like that's the only thing he makes. Hey, I like Evil Dead 2, but I also love poppin' in Lion King.

SM

QuoteYou're saying that like that's the only thing he makes.

:D

Your words were "total gore nut" (emphasis added).  Spy Kids says "No".

Eli Roth is a "total gore nut".  Rodriguez - not so much.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2009, 04:06:13 AM
QuoteYou're saying that like that's the only thing he makes.

:D

Your words were "total gore nut" (emphasis added).  Spy Kids says "No".

Eli Roth is a "total gore nut".  Rodriguez - not so much.

They both have made some gory movies. Gore nut. Whether you want to make a charade out of it(like you always do) or not, he's a gore nut.

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 10, 2009, 04:54:19 AM
he's a gore nut.
But not a total one. Just most of one.

SM

QuoteWhether you want to make a charade out of it(like you always do)

Kinda hard not to considering your consistently wildly melodramatic and/or inaccurate posts.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2009, 05:08:46 AM
QuoteWhether you want to make a charade out of it(like you always do)

Kinda hard not to considering your consistently wildly melodramatic and/or inaccurate posts.

I'm sorry if "total gore nut" was too dramatic for you, man of intellect.

SM

SM

Don't forget too inaccurate.

Per my question before - has Rodriguez done anything worse than allegedly ignore Predator 2?  Has anyone actually shitcanned it?

Pvt. Hicks

Don't lose sleep over it.

magical_boy

Predator 2 is all right...obviously not a classic like the big three: Alien, Aliens, Predator
but it's a fun ride with decent rewatch value, now Alien is a great movie but it's hard to sit through after the first viewing in my opinion  
don't think Roddy should be dissing any of the previous movies before his movie comes out, I recall the AvP2 makers dissed AvP1 in a clip from somewhere and look where that got them (tho AvP1 did suck too)

Dusk

So, was there any actual dissing now or not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed