Your idea of a prequel

Started by coolshow, Oct 31, 2009, 12:38:50 PM

Author
Your idea of a prequel (Read 5,405 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

I'd make the prequel's opening scene take places 1,000's of years ago!!!

With Space Jockey's with alien eggs on their ship. ( i'd leave it a mystery as to weather they found them or created them. )

Then the last Jockey alive is killed.

Then we jump to 30 years before aliens as Weyland and Yutani seal the deal to unite to find alien technology and send a drone and a crew of 10 to find the egg.

Everyone dies but one drone. He transmitts the story to Ash and then to Weyland Yutani.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I think it should center around the beacon and the discovery of the Derelict.
This is what I had in mind.
A crew of 8 land on the planet looking for places to set up colonies and discover the Derelict. When they go inside, one of them triggers a device that brings two eggs up in an elevator. Both of them hatch and one of facehuggers pounces on the crew member while the other vanishes.
After more studying of the Derelict, the crew find the infected crew member and take them back to the ship, but they are killed by the chestburster.
One of the crew finds the chestburster and stabs it but the acid blood kills them. The remaining crew find the body, and the shed skin.
They contact Earth and request help, telling of what has happened. Afterwards, they discuss the Derelict. Since they deciphered some of the language, they find the aliens were intended as weapons but find nothing of their orgins. (Lets keep that a mystery folks.)
The alien gradually kills the crew until only one is left. The survivor heads to the Derelict with a flamethrower and kills the alien in the Space Jockey chamber, burning a hole into the floor and revealing the egg chamber. The survivor activates the beacon on the ship as a warning and takes off, only to be facehugged by the missing facehugger.
Once they wake up, they realize what will happen and set the ship to self destruct. As time runs out, the survivor is killed, revealing that they were carrying a queen, just as the ship explodes.
Back on Earth, a man sitting at a computer accesses the Mother Module of the Nostromo and sends Special Order 937, setting up the events of ALIEN.

Highland

Highland

I'm not really sure i get the point in involving the derelict at all? unless it's something along the lines of SM's script/fan fic. Tha story's been told well already.

I'd much rather a standalone plot the revolves around a freighter of some sort crash landing on the alien home planet, and the struggle continues from there. The ending could be the jockey picking up the last remaining eggs and taking off only to be face hugged in the final scene.

Then its come full circle.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Except that something can't fossilize in 30 years. If it involves the Jockeys at all, it won't be the one from Alien.

The PredBen

The PredBen

There are two main options as I can see it as of now.

1.) The story takes place 1,000s of years ago and involves the Aliens homeworld and the Space Jockeys.

2.) It takes place in the future but some time before Alien and involves Weyland - Yutani finding the aliens.

A stand alone would be cool. But it would just be that - a stand alone - and therefor could be gone and wouldn't change the Alien mythology.

Perhaps that'd be the best though????

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 21, 2009, 05:10:53 PM
Except that something can't fossilize in 30 years. If it involves the Jockeys at all, it won't be the one from Alien.

Technically the jockey wasn't fossilized anyway, it was dead inside the atmosphere of the Ship, Decayed.

Alien³

Alien³

I've always loved the idea of no aliens at all but still keeping it in the Alien universe.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 22, 2009, 09:28:34 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 21, 2009, 05:10:53 PM

Technically the jockey wasn't fossilized anyway, it was dead inside the atmosphere of the Ship, Decayed.

Except that it was specifically stated that the Jockey was fossilized.

Xhan

Xhan

He said "looks fossilized", and he's not a XenoArchaeologist.

"Look, I just fly the ship!"

SiL

SiL

It was meant to be fossilized, it was designed to look fossilized, and the dialogue says it's fossilized. I don't see the reason to say it maybe isn't.

Xhan

Xhan

Aliens were meant to die in three days, now they don't.

You and I both know OOU what was intended, but NOTHING other than Dallas does anything to meander in that direction onscreen and his take can be put rather bluntly to the litmus test.

SiL

SiL

True, but I'd argue the look of the pilot - specifically the rubbed-off latex that Giger used to show it was incredibly old and fossilized - helped the "It's fossilized" case, in much the same way Bishop II's red blood helps his "I'm not a droid!" case.

Both of these things can be ignored in universe - It's an alien organism, who knows what it looks like fossilized, and maybe they just coloured his blood - but that way leads retarded hundreds of pages long threads.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I may have inadvertently set this thread along that hundreds of pages path. Sorry.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You should be proud.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

*heals head with new-found light side Scanner abilities*

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 22, 2009, 11:51:07 PM
I may have inadvertently set this thread along that hundreds of pages path. Sorry.

Probably. Especially now that SiL has mentioned the dreaded:

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2009, 10:50:51 PM
in much the same way Bishop II's red blood helps his "I'm not a droid!" case.

Brace yourselves...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed