The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 138,834 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: diablo949494 on Oct 29, 2009, 10:17:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfS_saJ4Fbo&feature=player_embedded

0:31

WTF?  Is that the tinman version of a Predator? because i'm not feelin it.
Bloody hell man.I don't know what i'm seeing and it aint too impressed.
Can't they just keep it strictly Predators and aliens. I mean save the Alienborgs stuff for fan mods.

It's just one of the new predator masks you will be able to choose in multiplayer.

Puks

I should've complained about this much earlier but I really hate the predator HUD.

.. the f*ck?! Where are the good old predator symbols?! Why the hell does it look like the HUD from FEAR2?! Is this supposed to be an "improvement"? DAMN!!!

MadassAlex

Personally, I think it gives a feeling of looking at a HUD underneath an actual mask or visor, like Metroid Prime.

ikarop

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 29, 2009, 10:42:11 PM
Personally, I think it gives a feeling of looking at a HUD underneath an actual mask or visor, like Metroid Prime.

Which is great. The only thing I might complain about is that new little triangle they added.

Puks

ME WANTZ DA PREDATOR SYMBOLZ!!!!111!!

It just ain't the same without them.  :'(

MadassAlex

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 29, 2009, 10:44:22 PM
Which is great. The only thing I might complain about is that new little triangle they added.

Hell, I don't even care about that.

This is the first AvP game where I'm almost as psyched to play the Predator as the Alien.

Okata

You don't /need/ a HUD to play the game at all.

Chris!(($$))!

At least we are getting some different skins for the Xeno other than the default Warrior one.

Puks

Quote from: Okata on Oct 29, 2009, 10:52:27 PM
You don't /need/ a HUD to play the game at all.

Sure, why would I have the need to know my health/armor/ammo. Look, I know you don't in Dead Space, for example, but I like having an HUD. Especially in an FPS.

Brother

You need HUD. You don't need stuff.
Jump mechanic is in the way. Zooming is in the way. Jaw cam is in the way.

affinity

I like how the Pulse Rifle looks and fires. great sound too.  waaaaaay better than AvP1 and 2.

MadassAlex

Quote from: Brother on Oct 29, 2009, 11:04:42 PM
You need HUD. You don't need stuff.
Jump mechanic is in the way. Zooming is in the way. Jaw cam is in the way.

Jump mechanic is toggled.

Zooming is... exactly as it was beforehand.

Headbite appears to be an execution kill, so it's going to take the take it takes, unfortunately.

XxecutionerxX

Jaw cam was in the previous games and nobody cared.

MadassAlex

To be fair, it was a lot less intrusive then.

Brother

Brother

It didn't make you blind in AvP2 and it was a lot faster.

And the jump can be toggled but its alway going to be in the way for the people that are going to use it. They should make the red "rings" disappear as soon as you start making the jump but no, they are in your face when you land, and its very possible that someone will be expecting you there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed