Black Super Predator?

Started by vortep, Sep 30, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Author
Black Super Predator? (Read 213,603 times)

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Read what i posted after that dude and i never said it would be used as promotional material, i basically said it would bring up a comman topic and get people thinking about the film and i never said it was raciast when a person talks about something and skin color people generally jump to the conclusion there being racist which i'm not.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 02, 2009, 09:31:00 PM
I'm bored with the original Predators and so are most of the movie going public.

The species need a reboot. If they keep churning out the same looking Predator then things will just get boring. I know 99.9% of people in this forum will disagree but I think the BSP are the best thing to happen to the franchise!
Yea .. Some people want to eat you alive ...  :D (Not me  ;))

1 # in the film / script there isn't Predator. Only the mutant version, BSP. It's something completely different. Our Predator is not there!  :-\
2 # I personally am not bored. I do not want these changes. I want a deeper image, psychological depth, the outline of the philosophy of life. We have so many movies about bloodthirsty beasts, why do another one? This is boring! Not fresh, just making one more monster. Like so many another monsters...  :-\

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I can just imagine a Blacksploitation style Predator with a big Afro and leather jacket strutting through the jungle with his pimp stick!

That would be bad ass.

My comment is not racist cos my best friends black, and he wears a turban, and his on a wheel chair, and his Muslim and his got down syndrome. Therefore I'm not predjudist! Ok?

keylight-di

keylight-di

The best badass ever were Anytime and Pussyface. Why upgrade something that is good?
Just give more of it, further story, more action. But mercy, not mutating, not stupid. :-\

BTW - If could I suggest - we should stop talk about racism, it may end badly...  ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

QuoteI really hope that it's at least similar as this one I made..

That looks awesome. Sadly it will likely look nothing like that in the movie  :-[.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Did I read correctly but did the script describe the BSP wearing a Medieval Knights armour?

That would look strange but it hints that they have existed and have been kidnapping people for a very very long time! This makes the classical Preds even older!

wolfie138

wolfie138

"I'm bored with the original Predators and so are most of the movie going public. "

done a survey, have you?

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 02, 2009, 10:10:21 PM
Did I read correctly but did the script describe the BSP wearing a Medieval Knights armour?
Not exactly, he is described as:
Spoiler
Heavy jet black armor --- a hellish mix of medieval knight and samurai -- envelops its hulking frame like the Grim Reaper's shroud.
Desiccated remains of its victims hang around its neck and belt.
A triple headed plasma caster rests on its mount. Cruelly curved blades at the elbows. Spikes on shoulders, knees and heels. Even its dreadlocks are weapons, each strand ending with a razor-sharp tip weaved into the hair.
pg. 62
[close]
Comical description, I think.
Big, black mutated hedgehog. How is possible, than he doesn't hurt himself with every move?  ;) ;D

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 02, 2009, 10:10:21 PM
That would look strange but it hints that they have existed and have been kidnapping people for a very very long time! This makes the classical Preds even older!

Yea... But we almost can't see the classical Preds in this movie. This movie is about BSP and humans. Mutated Preds vs. psychopathic humans. Maybe they are equal adversary, but I don't like it. I prefer normal Preds and normal humans. Equal adversary too. No bizarre. No freaks.
But it's my personal opinion.  ;)

SiL

SiL

I'm bored with the original Predators and so are most of the movie going public.
Then stop watching Predator movies.

Problem solved.

Highland

Highland

I wouldn't say i was bored, You can't get much better than the original. At the same time i don't fear change either, it's just the progression of movie making, each one has to make it's own little stamp in the franchise. 

Wolf "with mask" wasn't far off as good a predator as you could get in my opinion and that movie was a massive let down. Black super predators and mutants are probably to be expected to spice things up.

Just like transformers , i was a big fan of the original, but i didn't piss my pants all over the shop when i found out what the new ones looked like. You cant expect Nimrod to suddenly jump inside our heads and say "yeah that's what they want"

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Dec 03, 2009, 08:33:57 AM
Then stop watching Predator movies.

Problem solved.

::) sigh!

what I meant was the look and apperance of the Predators - that is what I am bored off. The original Predator will always be one of my fav movies but after 4 movies the franchise needs a reboot. I think the BSP are a good idea since they bring something new to the Predator world without actually affecting the original Predators. In Predators (2010) the classical Predators we all love still exists but this time the  movie centers of a new clan/species of Predators that are more ruthless and stronger then the originals - the whole genetic engineering concept is good, and makes them more terrifying.

I know many on these boards wont agree but the BSP are the best thing to happen to the franchise. After P2 and AvP movies its needed a reboot! whether you like it or not.

As for my proof, turn off your computer, go out and ask the average non Predator fan boy (i.e. the average cinema goer) who is not a member of a Predator forum. You will find a lot of fans of the original film but who now think the Predator as a B-movie joke thanks to the AvP movies.

You should be thanking RR et al for trying to make a good sci-fi horror action movie like the original involving a bad ass ruthless intergalatic hunter and not the honurable intergalatic space samurais B movie jokes that AvP movies and comics have thrusted on us.

War Wager

War Wager

How could you possibly be bored of this?

I want to go to a Pred flick to see guys fighting those f**kers, not mutated freak monsters.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 03, 2009, 10:02:17 AM
You should be thanking RR et al for trying to make a good sci-fi horror action movie like the original involving a bad ass ruthless intergalatic hunter and not the honurable intergalatic space samurais B movie jokes that AvP movies and comics have thrusted on us.

grrr...  :(  But I like Intergalactic Samurais... Honurable hunters... I like it and I miss it in this new movie... what should I think about BSP?
Maybe you right. Maybe it's good idea and it will be good work. We will see. But it's very risky. I'm tired risky ideas, especially after AvP:R. It was risky and result was horrible.
I would prefer a different kind of change. Different innovations. I want to see real Predators, them behaviour, culture, etc. Real Predators, not mutated version. It's unnecessary innovation.
But I'm happy that this movie will not be next teenagers movie, like AvP:R. It's very positive at all.
This is cause for satisfaction for me.  ;)

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 03, 2009, 10:12:22 AM
How could you possibly be bored of this?

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/11/10/mbn_predator_narrowweb__300x489,0.jpg

I want to go to a Pred flick to see guys fighting those f**kers, not mutated freak monsters.
This is what I love...  :)
Not mutated freak monster... Really Predator...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 03, 2009, 10:02:17 AM
what I meant was the look and apperance of the Predators - that is what I am bored off.
Again. Stop watching Predator movies.

That's what Predators look like.

QuoteI know many on these boards wont agree but the BSP are the best thing to happen to the franchise.
They haven't even happened yet. They might suck donkey dick in the final movie for all you can possibly know.

QuoteYou will find a lot of fans of the original film but who now think the Predator as a B-movie joke thanks to the AvP movies.
The people I work with like the Predator as it is and find the idea of "SUPA PREDATORS" ridiculous.

They aren't even fans. They just like action movies.

QuoteYou should be thanking RR et al for trying to make a good sci-fi horror action movie like the original involving a bad ass ruthless intergalatic hunter
The movie isn't out yet. I can't thank them for shit.

Moody

Moody

The only thing that can be renewed is the mask (P2,Celtic,Wolf were good examples) and the face but that the essence remains (like in P2). Other then that, keep it as close to the originals. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed