MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,203,929 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 09:23:33 AMOk, I see your point
my man Kradan

Magegg

Magegg

I definitely feel very letdown and nervous about the MCU's future after Phase 4.

The movies I don't really have much of a problem with, they were at least "ok" (ETERNALS and SHANG-CHI), we had a couple great films (DOCTOR STRANGE 2 and SPIDER-MAN 4), and while BLACK WIDOW was too mediocre and THOR 4 was straight garbage, that was to be expected.

My big problem is with the TV shows. WANDAVISION was great and HAWKEYE pretty good, FALCON and MOON KNIGHT had their moments but they could have been much better, but LOKI, MS. MARVEL and WHAT IF were pure garbage, so I'm very disappointed in that department, and I don't have very high hopes for SHE-HULK.

I guess best thing I could do is just focusing on the movies and ignore and not watch the TV shows (or binge watch them after the finale, because this agony of waiting for a new episode every week and just find it every time worse than the last is very exhausting) and pray not to miss anything of importance.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

At least the shows are for the most part pretty short. Although I can see the people who couldn't take 13 episodes of the Netflix shows getting antsy over Daredevil getting 18. God help them if they ever had to watch regular TV with 20+ episodes.  :laugh:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 06:14:11 AMI think I have to clarify that I have nothing against people themselves who like Marvel movies. It's just the  MCU itself I feel should've ended at least 3 years ago

Now why would anyone take a criticism of something they enjoy personally?

Spoiler
[close]

As well, my counterargument to the comparison to Godzilla and Bond is that Godzilla's total runtime (which has margin for some error) is about 52 hours from 1954 to present and Bond's is about 60 hours from 1962 to present, whereas the MCU is now at about 99 hours already in an incredibly smaller time window of 2008 to present.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 27, 2022, 02:22:37 PMAt least the shows are for the most part pretty short. Although I can see the people who couldn't take 13 episodes of the Netflix shows getting antsy over Daredevil getting 18. God help them if they ever had to watch regular TV with 20+ episodes.  :laugh:

Old TV at least had the benefit of each episode being pretty much its own self-contained story. But nowadays they smeer it out throughout at least 6-7 hours and you have to watch ALL OF IT

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 27, 2022, 02:06:21 PMI definitely feel very letdown and nervous about the MCU's future after Phase 4.

The movies I don't really have much of a problem with, they were at least "ok" (ETERNALS and SHANG-CHI), we had a couple great films (DOCTOR STRANGE 2 and SPIDER-MAN 4), and while BLACK WIDOW was too mediocre and THOR 4 was straight garbage, that was to be expected.

My big problem is with the TV shows. WANDAVISION was great and HAWKEYE pretty good, FALCON and MOON KNIGHT had their moments but they could have been much better, but LOKI, MS. MARVEL and WHAT IF were pure garbage, so I'm very disappointed in that department, and I don't have very high hopes for SHE-HULK.

I guess best thing I could do is just focusing on the movies and ignore and not watch the TV shows (or binge watch them after the finale, because this agony of waiting for a new episode every week and just find it every time worse than the last is very exhausting) and pray not to miss anything of importance.

For me it's not even the question of quality, it's quantity. There's just so much of it, there's not enough time  and space for each individual product to "breathe" and to get amount of attention it deserves, as soon as one comes out, you begin hearing news about next one coming out. MARVEL is a Juggernaut (pun totally intended) that dominates modern cinema landscape and looms over everything else

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just consume product! >:(

Kradan

Kradan

Then get excited for the next one  ;)

Side note: only thing that excites me about MCU movies is RLM reviews

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 05:26:03 PMFor me it's not even the question of quality, it's quantity. There's just so much of it, there's not enough time  and space for each individual product to "breathe" and to get amount of attention it deserves, as soon as one comes out, you begin hearing news about next one coming out. MARVEL is a Juggernaut (pun totally intended) that dominates modern cinema landscape and looms over everything else
Well, like you said, for you, maybe.

For me, I could (and I do) watch Marvel every week, I just feel most of the shows have been quite disappointing when it comes to the quality. So much that I almost feel like not keep on watching them.

Kradan

Kradan

That's fair, I guess

ace3g

ace3g

Magegg

Magegg

Have the feeling that maybe? the creation of the "SHE-HULK" franchise/branding could open Marvel the gates to adapt some Hulk arcs into movies, maybe that way managing to avoid the legal hurdles they have with Universal?

For example, to produce a "WORLD WAR SHE-HULK" movie (or maybe titled something like "SHE-HULK: OMEGA WAR"), adapting the classic WWH, through the technicism of not using Hulk's name or him being the protagonist (even when we all know we'd go watch the movie because of Banner and not Walters?

Maybe they could get away with it this way, and not having to pay Universal the distribution slice of the cake?

bb-15

bb-15

I saw the series. I rate it 3/10.

It tried to put too many story genres together; from a soap opera, Bollywood, historical drama, a silly kids story, mixed with the usual Marvel action.

Some points for some clever CGI graffiti.

::)

Magegg

Magegg

Agree. The show was a terrible disappointment.

bb-15

bb-15

It was OK. I don't know the comic but as a fan of Egyptian mythology, that kept me interested in some of the story.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Rankles75link=msg=2545104 date=1635481072Been mostly underwhelmed by the MCU shows so far, certainly Loki and (to a lesser extent) Falcon and the Winter Soldier. This looks promising though.

I thought Loki and Falcon/Winter Soldier were enjoyable.
Hawkeye? Pretty forgettable for me. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed