MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,204,039 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Hows about Disney completely revamps all of Fox's big franchises that they've done a shit job at and give the fans what they want in new reboots that deliver on the action, horror, and push for condensed cinematic universes.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Except Fox did a mostly good job with X-Men, unless you have a pedantic obsession with continuity.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 15, 2017, 11:34:39 PM
Except Fox did a mostly good job with X-Men, unless you have a pedantic obsession with continuity.
Their movies ranged from average to mediocre. X Men 2 is often praised, but its little more than slightly above average. The characters never quite were given their full potential for on screen presence since Fox didn't want Wolverine to be upstaged in any way.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X2 and DoFP are great, IMO. And Logan is a masterpiece.

Magegg

Magegg

Yeah, everything's subjective and such, but there's a lot of people like me who consider them some of the finest superhero movies ever :D

But true Fox has completely dropped the ball in other cases and ruin some of their best chances... at least Marvel Studios is a little more consisting in quality and takes the better advantages to handle each storyline. They will be great supervising the X-Men films to make sure we'll be happy with them :)

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 15, 2017, 11:39:48 PM
Yeah, notice how all those films were Wolverine stories and not X Men stories.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: genocyber on Dec 16, 2017, 12:14:58 AM
DoFP is way more about Xavier than about Wolverine. Wolverine's only the gateway character.

X2 is pretty much an ensemble; everyone had a chance to develop a bit, even Pyro, Nightcrawler, Magneto...

First Class is great too.

But point taken, Fox has been mostly unable to make a true X-Men 'team' movie. I guess Marvel Studios will steal the main series and let Fox to develop spin-off centered in minor characters.
Also Wolverine taking a 5-years break from the X-Men team, maybe more connected to other MCU characters, to let the 'main X-Men team' to gain some life on their own.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: genocyber on Dec 16, 2017, 12:14:58 AM

I'd rather that a movie about Scott Boring.

Magegg

Magegg

Last rumors say Marvel Studios will go for a complete reboot of X-Men, because the price of the contracts of some actors (especially Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence; also, Jackman is unlikely to come back) is going too high.

So, no Secret Wars for now.

Also, it's been reported the supervision of the development X-Men films is already under Feige's control. He will decide which films to greenlight and which ones to kill. First thing he's done, it seems, is killing the X-23 movie. I guess because it'd be part of the old continuity.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

None of the X-Men movies are that good expect for Deadpool and Logan. I didn't like most X-Men films for not fully covering the themes of acism, bigotry, and prejudice compare to the comics.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 17, 2017, 08:47:41 PM
None of the X-Men movies are that good expect for Deadpool and Logan. I didn't like most X-Men films for not fully covering the themes of acism, bigotry, and prejudice compare to the comics.
That's not going to be different at all under Disney. In fact, they'll water down that even more.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yes IMO X2 deserve a little more praise than it already has, the best of the first 3 x men by far... And Logan... Ohh Logan... Truly a GREAT film !

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 18, 2017, 03:01:01 PM

Yes IMO X2 deserve a little more praise than it already has, the best of the first 3 x men by far... And Logan... Ohh Logan... Truly a GREAT film !
What is so great about X Men 2, really? The entire team were taken out at the beginning of the movie leaving Wolverine to babysit the younger cast. Emo Rogue and heart throb Iceman were so memorable I guess, and bad boy Pyro was the creme de le creme. How about Xavier and Magneto, the biggest heavy weights of the mutants being drugged up and kept docile for most of the film. I feel X Men 3 delivered more on actual team work mechanics and Magneto flexing his might than X2 did. William Striker was wasted in the film. For me he should have been the founder of the Sentinel robots and have needed Magneto's help to create Master Mold. Hell, you could have even had Creed as his spokes person to have him set up for a sequel to be a demagogue for mutant hate.

Magegg

Magegg

Team mechanics team mechanics team mechanics... there are so many people who are simply suckers for that  ;D

I really don't mind if the story doesn't have good team mechanics, the movie was exciting and the plot was good, that's what it makes a great movie for me, I don't care if the team mechanics are not like in the comics.

genocyber

genocyber

An Avengers movie would suck if it was just about Tony Stark on the run with the Avengers team beaten up and shackled somewhere. X Men were always about the team, of each character being fully fleshed out and given proper character. Up until First Class the only mutants given any story were Wolverine and Rogue. Then the new timeline fell on its face by making it the Mystique+Wolverine show.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed