ACM Status Update

Started by Sh0dan, Jul 22, 2009, 04:45:55 PM

Author
ACM Status Update (Read 89,673 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Yeah, I use to lurk around the GBX forums to see if they got any news about A:CM before this site did.  Since GBX doesn't release any information about A:CM on their own anymore, the GBX forum seems to get most of their news at the same pace as this site does from outside sources. 

Also, I noticed that the GBX forum moderators have a tendency to shut down threads that "go off topic" in regards to the rumors and speculations of their games (this includes the whereabouts of A:CM).  And when people begin to voice criticism about the company, the threads are promptly shut down under the excuse that they are becoming too redundant or pointless.  There are a lot of rumors surrounding GBX and games like DNF and Halo 4 but they are also given a very limited forum for discussion.  Its like you are given a platform to speak about these things but the discussions need to be very linear or else you gotta start over in another thread.  People might not agree with me on this one, but this is the sense I have developed from going there.  BTW, most of the moderators there do contribute good info from time to time and they are insightful but those moments are rare these days and its hard for me to watch people ask questions to people who are "in the know" and not get answers over and over again.

If the GBX released something like a progress report for A:CM in their forum and just gave us a percentage figure about how far along this game was, my faith in that forum would be restored.  I don't consider that news since we all know they are already suppose to be working on the game anyway.  The only reason I ever claimed that the game might be prematurely canceled was because they haven't even been able to do this for us in a very long time.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

There is a thread for about EVERY thing concerning this game over at GBX Forums. Its not really threads getting closed when they are off topic its more about threads being closed when there is already a thread for that topic OR there is a new thread for that topic because the current one had become too old. As for criticism I have never seen any threads with criticism toward Sega or GBX closed over at those forums UNLESS its not constructive.

Brother

Brother

Guessing hes been there 3 times and quit before getting the whole picture.

Ash 937

Ash 937

I just went to their forums to see if anything has changed and here is what I found (as of 8/18/2010):

1. A "News and Announcements" section which nobody has posted in since 8/9/2010.  Seriously, the last post made was in regards to a survey (which itself has expired) that GBX wanted its fans to take a while ago.  Every other thread in that section hasn't had a post since July.  Given the pace of news this company releases, I am not surprised at all by their "News and Announcements" section.

2.  In the A:CM section there was a thread ironically titled "Twitter Updates (some good news) which appears to be the last thread to be shut down.  I skimmed through it and when nobody tweeted any news (good or bad), the posters began to speculate about if this game was still in development until the thread was closed and they were redirected to go to a different thread to post.  The thread they have been directed on the GBX forum is also called "ACM Status Update." 

3.  There is a section called "All Things Gearbox" which appears to be a little more receptive to speculation and rumors than other sections on the site.  I will admit that I did not visit this section when I first began to check this site out.  While it does excuse a few aspects of what I said in my previous quote, the fact still remains any sign of significant news about A:CM is non-existant which is scary from a forum like this since it represents GBX officially.

So what is "the whole picture" according to you, brother?  Am I missing anything?!?

Brother

Brother

Oh just a couple of things. And it's no news that there ARE NO NEWS for a long time, and closing off-topic threads is not a big deal. It's all speculation out there (understandable), but the less - the better. About the criticism, it is allowed, however there is a clear rule that says you should respect the community and there are limits. Which is also understandable, their forums - their rules. It's the same here, same everywhere.

Like Chris said, you have a place for everything. I get that the lack of info is what causes this frustration so it's better to expect the game trough the philosophy - it's done when it's done, rather than stressing out every after every game con you don't get anything ACM. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Speaking of, I think it's time we locked this topic. It's gone wildly off topic. Feel free to create a speculation or criticism thread, Ash, to continue the discussion. I'll be doing a new Update thread. Forum wise, I can see where they're coming. It's important to keep topics on track and to move any off topic discussions to other more relevent threads. It's not just their forum who does it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed