Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,516,970 times)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

It was terrible.

Spoiler
The characters were hollow, I don't even remember any of their names. None of them are fleshed out or have any interesting backstories. They're all just there to take turns spewing out exposition. The story felt like it was written by a thirteen-year-old. Godzilla can sense when an evil corporation is building a robot to replace him? ......OK.. And why exactly did the big remote controlled robot suddenly become sentient? did I miss something? Please tell me I missed something. The monster fights were entertaining I guess, Mechagodzilla was pretty cool but he inexplicably gets shredded like tissue paper with Kong's Axe and yet the REAL Godzilla took a blow straight to the head and did not die. WHAT THE f**k? This movie was just too stupid. 4/10
[close]

razeak

razeak

It's ludicrous and I loved it.

MudButt

MudButt

Early contender for next years Best Picture winner. Hopefully they do a re-release in the fall so the Academy remembers to vote for it even though I have a hard time believing they'll forget this masterpiece.

Bless this movie.

dave1978

dave1978

Dindt like it,  fights boring and unimaginative.  These beasts should be amazing on screan but they are just boring.  Smash into building after building, rinse and repeat.  Kong spent more time beating his chest than he did beating Godzilla but i feal that was just to enable Godzilla winning a fight he would clearly lose.  Kong's speed and intelligence would give his such and edge over GZ and considering he had the axe aswell,  GOdzilla winning was just ridiculous.  And dont even get me started on the big daft toy they threw out there.  Do we make tanks and jets that roar?  just ridiculous

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well I thought it was better than KOTM. Human characters useless as usual (gold medal for Kyle Chandler), plot dumb as hell, with stupid plot devices. A few interesting stuff regarding the fights though.

Spoiler
The POV shot of Kong kneeing Godzilla was cool. The fights were overall more readable than the ones in KOTM. Kong was waaay more present in the movie than Godzilla. The little girl plot device is dumb, there is no build up to it, the story just need this thing to exist to motivate Kong to do what he does in the movie.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
But when am I going to learn more about the Monarch facility in Roswell?
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: dave1978 on Apr 01, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
GOdzilla winning was just ridiculous.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: dave1978 on Apr 01, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
Dindt like it,  fights boring and unimaginative.  These beasts should be amazing on screan but they are just boring.  Smash into building after building, rinse and repeat.  Kong spent more time beating his chest than he did beating Godzilla but i feal that was just to enable Godzilla winning a fight he would clearly lose.  Kong's speed and intelligence would give his such and edge over GZ and considering he had the axe aswell,  GOdzilla winning was just ridiculous.  And dont even get me started on the big daft toy they threw out there.  Do we make tanks and jets that roar?  just ridiculous

It's a Kaiju movie. What kind of flick were you waiting for?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly
Spoiler
kinda make sense Godzilla dominates Kong, he's the alpha. Kong got most of the coolest moves and attacks IMO though.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

May or may not have watched this silly thing a second time this morning. :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Seeing it tomorrow.

MudButt

MudButt

Kong might be up for Best Actor in a Leading Role.

Godzilla is a strong contender for Supporting actor.

Really excited for next year's Oscars.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Apr 01, 2021, 03:08:05 AM
It was terrible.

Spoiler
The characters were hollow, I don't even remember any of their names. None of them are fleshed out or have any interesting backstories. They're all just there to take turns spewing out exposition. The story felt like it was written by a thirteen-year-old. Godzilla can sense when an evil corporation is building a robot to replace him? ......OK.. And why exactly did the big remote controlled robot suddenly become sentient? did I miss something? Please tell me I missed something. The monster fights were entertaining I guess, Mechagodzilla was pretty cool but he inexplicably gets shredded like tissue paper with Kong's Axe and yet the REAL Godzilla took a blow straight to the head and did not die. WHAT THE f**k? This movie was just too stupid. 4/10
[close]
Spoiler
You did. Ghidra brain took over. That's why Godzilla goes berserk - he's looking for this ghost-Ghidra.

And yeah the story is like a 13-year old's script... it's a full-on, no questions asked entertainment movie. Just a fast paced rollercoaster ride with very few pretentions.
[close]

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

For me, the highest replay value of GVK: Rebecca Hall's mouth.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Apr 01, 2021, 03:08:05 AM
Spoiler
The characters were hollow, I don't even remember any of their names.
[close]

Nathan Lind
Madison Russell
Ilene Andrews
Bernie Hayes
Ren Serizawa
Maya Simmons
Josh Valentine
Mark Russell
Walter Simmons
Admiral Wilcox
Jay Wayne

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 01, 2021, 09:47:45 PM
Spoiler
And yeah the story is like a 13-year old's script... it's a full-on, no questions asked entertainment movie. Just a fast paced rollercoaster ride with very few pretentions.
[close]

Indeed, but that's not a reason to be that lacking in other areas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed