Neil Marshall

Started by Undeadite, Jun 12, 2009, 05:44:49 AM

Author
Neil Marshall (Read 20,285 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Neil Marshall directing Predators would be a match made in heaven! It sounds too good to be true though, theres no way. The movie would have too much win in it if he directs this film. Oh my lord it sounds too good to be true!

The Descent is my number 1 favorite horror film and Dog Soliders/Doomsday were both epic wins. He has yet to direct a bad film, knowing his him he would bring a Predator film to life in a very scary and impressive way.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

This would indeed be good news... 'The Descent' is absolutely amazing!! I've never seen his other two films although i've read up on them. I would certainly be pleased with him as director; another step in the right direction.

Cellien

Cellien

The Descent was really good.  It's the only movie I've seen from him, but it's a big win in my book.  Hope he does Predator. :)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I don't know if this is good news or not, i have yet to watch a movie from him so i don't know anything about his style.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Master on Jun 12, 2009, 02:52:17 PM
I'll wait and see, all three of those films were ok. but none of them was ultra good either.

Ah, come on! Dog Soldiers was a wonderfully gory black comedy horror, The Descent is one of the best horrors ever made, and Doomsday... well, Doomsday was a lot of fun and you could see that it was a labour of love for Marshall.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Yeah, i've been meaning to check out 'Dog Soldiers' for awhile but have never gotten around to it. I've always heard pretty positive things about it though. 'The Descent' is really a top-notch horror film though, really one of the best i've ever seen and the only one in recent memory to really scare me. Sure, i'll jump now + again while watching 'horror' movies + all but there was 1 particular moment in 'The Descent' that takes the cake + it left me scared after i was watching it - always a plus from a horror flick.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Please be true, please be true...

Looks like Fox is finally getting its shit together.

Master

Master

When I think about dogsoldiers i remember stupid looking werewolfs and the scene with cow. Cow is wining though :]

Darkness

Darkness

Dog Soldiers was pretty good from what I can remember.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 12, 2009, 03:41:41 PM
I don't know if this is good news or not, i have yet to watch a movie from him so i don't know anything about his style.

Holy shit, you missed out on 3 good movies then. Watch Dog Solider, The Descent and Doomsday and you'll see why this director would be perfect for an Alien, AVP and Predator film. Is it possible Fox Entertainment is getting their shit together? No way, too good to be true.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

YES! Best news I hear all day today.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2009, 04:43:59 PM
Dog Soldiers was pretty good from what I can remember.

I agree. Especially as it was quite low-budget. Had a Predator-esq feel to it as well, if he gets confirmed (please), then people shoudl watch it to get a feel as to what he could bring to the franchise.

BadBlood

BadBlood

Kinda ironic the creatures in The Descent make identical sounds as the Predators 'clicking'.  ;D

Master

Master

Descend was preaty good too. But still cow is better :]

Keyes

Keyes

The Decent is a favourite of mine, and my brother praises Dog Soldiers a lot, so hopefully this works out... though as Sil said before, his style would probably have been more suited to an Alien film. Still, if Ridley does get the Alien prequel job, then no problem :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed