Pre-E3 2009: Aliens vs. Predator First Look (New Info)

Started by Redskins, May 26, 2009, 12:09:48 AM

Author
Pre-E3 2009: Aliens vs. Predator First Look (New Info) (Read 19,835 times)

Redskins

IGN has just released a new article with lots of new info about E3

CLICK ME!!!

"This time around, there is a strict linear story which plays out Call of Duty style, switching between perspectives after each level"

So does that mean you will be switching perspective of Marines, or species?

BTW: Should make a news post of this.

kvon17

kvon17

from ign
But despite being armed to the teeth and the greatest hunting species in the galaxy, he's not invincible. In fact, very quickly you'll learn that the Predator is a hunter, not a commando -- you can't run headlong into situations and expect to live. The Predator wins by dividing his enemy and using stealth to catch them unaware

GOOD

It's too bad the acid is so deadly, because some of the coolest moments we witnessed were when a Predator went toe-to-toe with an Alien. Their limbs and tail can be severed, their heads lopped off too. These are persistent creatures though. Take a leg off and the Alien crawls after you. It's not a big deal if it's just you and him, but if his friends are keeping you distracted, you may not notice him crawling towards you until it's too late. And once he has a hold of you, your only viable option is to blow its head off -- but that just spews acid in your face.

*GLEE* I really hope in MP you can still run around without a limb as a xeno.

The article makes it sound like the Alien's blood really is as deadly as it should be, and fighting them upclose is not ideal. I think this will clear up some problems people have been having.

Good find Redskins, welcome to the forum.

Wolf Assassin

This game sounds so good. It's about time the lit a fire under the butts and got the ball a rollin!  ;D

Redskins

Quote from: kvon17 on May 26, 2009, 12:17:08 AM
Good find Redskins, welcome to the forum.

Heh, I actually joined in Oct. or so, when I was hyped about A:CM. I haven't posted much though :P

I've really gave up on A:CM, AVP3 is looking much better now, even though Aliens are my favourite species

kvon17

Don't give up an A:CM.

Aliens are my fav to, but that's why I prefer AvP3. Unless ACM is going to let me play as an alien, I'm AvP all the way. lol.

Ash 937

I don't like the idea of switching between species after each level.  I prefer picking each campaign separately.  Other than that, I expect great things from this game.

I can't believe the wealth of information that has come out for AvP3 in such a short period of time.  This really makes Gearbox look like a second rate company.  

Kimarhi

There is speculation that AvP3 was in development well before ACM though due to a quote by one of the brothers.

Predboy

Oh god, I think I was having an orgasm when reading this. It seems they have the predators completly nailed down. The perfect hunter, thats it. You need to be stealthy and learn to separate you prey. That is how the predator is. ANd I like how they say, sure, you can blast an alien to pieces no problem, but if it gets up close, now in your business. f**kin awesome. ;D

But I dont like the whole switching between characters. Thats stupid. If I picked a predator, then I want to play a predator throughout the game, not suddenly switch to an alien or human. If they actually put that, I can tell it's going to get on my nerves, probably make me not even want to play for a moment.

Kimarhi

I do agree with that.  It'd be like switching between the human and zerg and toss campaigns in Starcraft. 

I dont like it either, but hey, its avp3 after what seven years?

kvon17

Maybe it's been misinterpreted. Maybe it's just that each level will be played from each perspective.

Like, you'll play the marine campaign but those levels are also playable from the alien campaign, and the predator...

hopefully...

Predboy

I seriously doubt it.

kvon17

So you'd rather assume it's gonna f*ck up? okay.

Ijapa

I really like the idea, it'll certainly help keep the game from getting stale, as each species will require an entirely different style of play, I think it tightens up the story too.

What I'm not sure about are the mines. Mines? I'll have to see those in action.

Wolf Assassin

You know the storyline is looking stellar, I don't mind switching too much. I love every aspect I can get. However Multiplayer ought to be interesting, Even though Predator is my fav, I have a feeling the Alien will be the most played. I figure the marines should have some bad arse weapons. It seems like they are aware of the Predators and Aliens so they should be well equipped and ready for them. They should all be balanced in their own ways, and I'm sure they are.

Predboy

Quote from: kvon17 on May 26, 2009, 01:50:35 AM
So you'd rather assume it's gonna f*ck up? okay.

Since when did I decide to assume its going to f**k up? All I said was what you said is probably not true and they're going with what they said, copying call of duty. Ill definatly be upset but thats not going to make the game f**k up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed