1979 alien toy commercial

Started by EEV2650, May 23, 2009, 07:22:39 PM

Author
1979 alien toy commercial (Read 2,918 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Pretty funny thing I found out....
A ALIEN deleted scene had Ripley, Lambet, and Parker trap it with a green strobe light (or something like that). Perhaps the commercial took that fact from the deleted scene when the kid "trapped" it with the flash light?

EEV2650

EEV2650

Watching that trailer again i'm not sure if he said trap or zap.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

This was a cool commericial. It not like they have done this Adult series before since I remember seeing toy commericals for the Spawn movie on Cartoon Network back in 1997.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 12, 2009, 07:12:26 PM
A ALIEN deleted scene had Ripley, Lambet, and Parker trap it with a green strobe light (or something like that).

Is this from a work print?...I don't think I've ever seen that scene?  ???

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 12, 2009, 10:55:06 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 12, 2009, 07:12:26 PM
A ALIEN deleted scene had Ripley, Lambet, and Parker trap it with a green strobe light (or something like that).

Is this from a work print?...I don't think I've ever seen that scene?  ???

"Parker sees the Alien near the main airlock, and he talks to Lambert and Ripley through the ship's communication channels. The two women open the door that leads to the airlock very slowly as instructed by Parker. The Alien is lured inside the airlock because of a green flashing light. The two women wait to seal the airlock so the Alien can be blown out into space, and then Parker gives the command, but as he does so an alarm is triggered. The Alien rushes out of the airlock getting an appendage caught in the closing door which spills acidic blood on the corridor. Ripley runs to join Parker, and they both fall unconscious to the floor because the blood caused a hull breach by melting through the corridor. Lambert and Ash come to their rescue. Ripley vocalizes her suspicions about Ash by accusing him of setting the alarm off. Only the part on the bridge of the Nostromo was filmed. None of the scene near the airlock, which involved the Alien, was shot. "

Copy and pasted from http://www.planetavp.com/al/Alien/DeletedScenes/index.htm
It's file 15, and theres a video I'm too lazy to download.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Thanks for posting the text and link MrSpaceJockey. :)  I tried to watch the clip but no go. I joined the fileplanet but only the free version. Maybe you have to subscribe to view it?

I'll check my Quadrilogy extras. As they said it was first shown on the laser disc. I also have the legacy box set possibly there? I have a work print with extra scenes but the article on planet avp stated it had never been incorporated into any version. And only part of it was actually filmed.

Love learning about this kind of info 8)

SiL

SiL

What was filmed is found on the Alien 20th Anniversary DVD (found in the legacy boxset), in two parts.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2009, 06:48:10 AM
What was filmed is found on the Alien 20th Anniversary DVD (found in the legacy boxset), in two parts.

Thank you! ;D

PREDATOR1125

PREDATOR1125

hahaha thats awesome

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed