ZOMG!! CryENGINE 3 Was MADE for AvP3!

Started by Blitzx, May 17, 2009, 06:00:54 PM

Author
ZOMG!! CryENGINE 3 Was MADE for AvP3! (Read 12,803 times)

Blitzx

Blitzx

;D The engine has seen further improvements for the PC and optimized to work on the PS3 & Xbox 360. Just check out the tech demo: http://gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/video/6206970/gdc-2009-crysis-warhead-cryengine-3-demo-video?hd=1

Other in-game screens: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

There was someone else on this site who posted this. CE3 is worth a look if GBX or Rebellion ever decide to overhaul their engine.
Tbh, i'm getting sick of most games using UE3 which is the cheaper alternative. Atleast with this, console gamers get near-Crysis level graphics and PC owners can max out settings and get proper in-game physics, interactive & destructible environments and a level editor as well as other features without developers having to do extra work.
Also, UE3 is no were near CE3s graphical capabilities. The only other engines that come close imo are from Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and possibly idTech 5 (Rage/Doom 4 engine).

Moody

God no!, not everyone has super-nasa computer to run that, they should just use the unreal enging it looks great in the new batman game but doesnt require a supercomputer, gears of war and unreal tournament 3 ranned perfect on my old 2ghz single core PC with a 6600GT, on medium:O

Chris!(($$))!

Plus UE3 is an overall VERY powerful engine as where the CE3 engine is built for realism not overall performance.

Deadmeat

F**k yeah and f**k no. It would be a blst if the game was so good, but, like -Logan- said, it wouldn't work on bad computers (like mine).

Blitzx

Hehe, yeah. Main point was that it runs on consoles now so its more plausible.

Deadmeat

F**k I don't have any consoles! >:(

Chris!(($$))!

Are we allowed to just say f**k?? Well I think the engine has been decided upon anyways. The Aura (I think) engine.

Blitzx

Quote from: Blitzx on May 17, 2009, 06:00:54 PM
...CE3 is worth a look if GBX or Rebellion ever decide to overhaul their engine.

Deadmeat

F**k.

Chris!(($$))!

I remember being able to say mother f**ker like a f**ker on a god damn trigger happy bitch. Well GBX is going to stick with UE3. I do not think they are in a position to change engines for that game at the moment. Unless Borderlands gets more sales than Halo 3 and GTA4.

Deadmeat

But AvP 3 will have CE3. I just know it.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: deadmeat on May 17, 2009, 06:38:08 PM
But AvP 3 will have CE3. I just know it.

Its not going to though its said to be using the same engine as Shellshock 2

Deadmeat

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 17, 2009, 06:43:38 PM

SS2? ???

Moody

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 17, 2009, 06:43:38 PM

Do you know if its PC destroyer like CryE3 or a well oiled machine like UT3

Chris!(($$))!

I am not sure. I am a X360 user. I would suggest downloading a demo of SS2 or something like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed