Aliens / Predator Preview Comic Competition Ended!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2009, 12:06:13 PM

Author
Aliens / Predator Preview Comic Competition Ended! (Read 2,295 times)

Corporal Hicks

Well it's been two weeks and the competition is finally over. And we have ourselves three winners! lucan khan, frost and Vulhala. Congratulations to all three of you. For those of you who also took part in the competition and want to know the correct answers, they've been posted on the competition page - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?main=site&section=compcomicpreview

No-one person got 10 out of 10. Thanks to everyone else who entered the competition and thanks to that special someone who wishes to remain anonymous for supplying us with the comics.  :)

The comics will be sent out towards the end of the month - from the 23rd onwards.

Corporal Hicks

All the prizes have been sent off as of about 5 minutes ago.  :)

Chris P

Even though I live in CANADA and the competition was only for those in the UK I still entered.

I liked that idea you had.  So someone just gave you a few of the comics and you put them up for grabs?  Did you guys have to buy the comics or were they like gifts?

Purebreedalien

I entered, didn't win but still had fun 8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Chris P on May 23, 2009, 05:08:30 PM
Even though I live in CANADA and the competition was only for those in the UK I still entered.

I liked that idea you had.  So someone just gave you a few of the comics and you put them up for grabs?  Did you guys have to buy the comics or were they like gifts?

We do them in association with people. The first one we did was with Dark Horse, then the poster one with Fox. This time round it was funded by a lovely lady who owns a comic book store but wished to remain anonymous.

Chris P

Oh, well that's cool. Say Hicks, I figure Galaxy has some pretty high-up connections would you say? How did you guys get so "connected", do you or Darkness work for FOX, DH, or what have you? Just curious.

Vulhala

Hard work and perseverance I would imagine lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vulhala on May 31, 2009, 07:28:50 PM

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2009, 11:27:51 AM
Quote from: Vulhala on May 31, 2009, 07:28:50 PM

So, simply annoy the crap out of them until they give you some info? Haha, makes sense. :D

Corporal Hicks

Not at all. Annoying the crap isn't good. Infact, Fox got in touch with me and Darkness. However all these are my secrets and I will never tell. Muuuwaaaahhhhh!!!!

Chris P

QuoteFox got in touch with me and Darkness

Why though? I am just guessing, but was it becasue Galaxy was such a popular site and they wanted to set you guys up as a way to get their news and info out to the public? That would seem logical to me.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2009, 09:41:27 AM
However all these are my secrets and I will never tell. Muuuwaaaahhhhh!!!!

haha, okay. I was just wondering how you guys tend to get really good news really fast. FOr instance, on the site I run (AVP Spectrum), I tend to get the news after a popyular site puts it up, like Gamestop, COmingsoon.net, take your pick. I try not to "take" info from Galaxy. I liek the challenge.  ;)  :D

Darkness

People either post news on the forum or email the news. We don't really do any searching ourselves. The community does it for us. It's hard for new sites because you need to establish that sort of connection.

Chris P

Oh, okay.

QuoteIt's hard for new sites because you need to establish that sort of connection.

Yeah, tell me about it. ALthough I am doing my best to get "known". Mainly I am trying to get in touch with as many people as I can that have a "high rank" if you will in the AVP franchises. Just to gain some of that connection. Also, I have joined so many other sites and I try to get affiliated where I can. Basically, until I can get avpspectrum.com and then pay for ads and such.

By the way, with my host switching to a solid paid domain is really simple and I think it will replace the previous URL and transfer all my content. But that's another topic....

However, Darkness I was wondering what did you do, or how did you start with your webmastering? I mean Galaxy is probably one if not the most popular AVP site on the web today. I just want to ask: HOW DID YOU DO IT?  :D Just curious.  ;)

Darkness

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Takes time to build a community. Months, maybe even years.

Chris P

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 04, 2009, 07:26:30 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Takes time to build a community. Months, maybe even years.

Very true. Reputation would play a large part aswell, it needs to be established quickly to get people interrested.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed