Alien vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
Aliens (Queen)
Alien: Ressurection (Queen)
Alien: Ressurection (Newborn)
Alien vs Predator (Queen)
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (Predalien)
Author
Favorite Alien design(s)? (Read 83,890 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Galliruler on Nov 05, 2009, 12:35:49 AM
I LOVE the tail's ridges, it makes it look more realistic.
Those ridges were there since AR.

QuoteI love the way the aliens move,
Ugh. I'll take acrobats on wires in Aliens over oversized stuntmen in terrible suits crawling on their God-damned hands and knees any day.

Seriously, that shot of the Alien crawling towards the helictoper remains the single worst guy in a suit moment for me in the entire series. It beats out the Alien floating back toward the shuttle in Alien, and that was 28 years earlier.

Quotehow they act as cannon-fodder
Where's the fun in that?

The Demon

The Demon

That's his opinion. Let him have his own. *punch*  :D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Nonsense!

SiL

SiL

Plus it's a ... I dunno if weird would be the right word, but it does seem awful strange someone would prefer something that moves blatantly like a guy in a clumsy suit ... than five other attempts at making the movement not so painfully obvious.

Elliott

Elliott

Why is it everytime someone post "I like the AvP:R design" you all have to jump his ass instantly, and basically call him a dumbass for liking it?  ::)

And the fun in the cannon-fodder aliens:

They seem like it doesnt matter how many die, they will win no matter what. They will sacrifice thousands, or maybe, twenty, in this case, to accomplish their goals.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Galliruler on Nov 05, 2009, 10:31:33 PM
Why is it everytime someone post "I like the AvP:R design" you all have to jump his ass instantly, and basically call him a dumbass for liking it?  ::)
No-one called anyone a dumbass.

But it's a terrible f**king design, especially when you put it next to what else the series has shown us.

QuoteThey seem like it doesnt matter how many die, they will win no matter what. They will sacrifice thousands, or maybe, twenty, in this case, to accomplish their goals.
And that's better than an opponent that will do its best to stay alive while trying its best to murder you horribly?

If they don't waste numbers, then there are more of them. And more live ones are scarier than more dead ones.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Because the liking of AVP:R(ectum)'s alien designs is akin to the worship of Moloch.

so basically if you like AVP:R's aliens, you support baby sacrifice.

This is basic science here.

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2009, 10:33:48 PM
No-one called anyone a dumbass.

But it's a terrible f**king design, especially when you put it next to what else the series has shown us.

QuoteThey seem like it doesnt matter how many die, they will win no matter what. They will sacrifice thousands, or maybe, twenty, in this case, to accomplish their goals.
And that's better than an opponent that will do its best to stay alive while trying its best to murder you horribly?

If they don't waste numbers, then there are more of them. And more live ones are scarier than more dead ones.
Not to me, more dead ones shows me that they have the resources to sacrifice that many troops.
And the design isn't f**king horrible, just different. It's different from what you grew up with, so you reject it and grew to hate it.

SM

SM

There was no growing to hate it.  I hated the instant I saw it.  Most unprecedented.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Galliruler on Nov 05, 2009, 10:38:14 PM
It's different from what you grew up with, so you reject it and grew to hate it.
Not really. It's just bad.

It looks like a guy in a suit. That is a bad creature design.

It's rubbery, it has an inexplicable (Design-wise) overbite, and never once manages to convince me that it's anything other than an overpriced halloween costume.

Everything about it feels cheap. It doesn't even succeed in the level of being an Alien - I have seen cheap Alien knock-offs from the 1980s that had better Aliens than what AvPR was trying to pass off. Not being the same is one thing - The Aliens and Alien 3 designs weren't the same as the Alien design and I still liked those - having a tenuous relation with what it's supposed to be is another.

Yes, the design's been around since AR, and I hated it then, too. But then they actually managed to make it worse in AvPR both in the design - Removing the dome and not fixing the jaw - and the execution - making it painfully obvious it's a guy in a suit. Constantly.

Also this:

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2009, 10:40:42 PM
There was no growing to hate it.  I hated the instant I saw it.  Most unprecedented.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

They seem like it doesnt matter how many die, they will win no matter what. They will sacrifice thousands, or maybe, twenty, in this case, to accomplish their goals.

Alien resources depend upon the hosts available to them, therefore it is imperative that as many survive as possible. An Alien that dies without bringing at least one other life-form back to the hive is wasted.

And the design isn't f**king horrible, just different. It's different from what you grew up with, so you reject it and grew to hate it.

It's awful because it fails to be convincingly Alien, for one thing. AvPR made it a generic mook monster, where it was once a mysterious life-form of incredible power.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Not to me, more dead ones shows me that they have the resources to sacrifice that many troops.

Honestly, when I first saw the red band trailer, or whatever the hell it was, I liked the predalien, probably because I couldn't see shit since the thing was dark as hell, but I didn't mind the dredlocks.

Then I saw the production pics. And it is a f**king horrible design. It was bobble-headed, fleshy, the mandibles looked awful, its was a ridiculous green/yellow color and the dreadlocks-seen in light-were done horribly. It didn't look believable in any sense so I can see why it was hidden in shadow the whole movie. It wasn't at all scary.

And most importantly, I wasn't an Alien.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Galliruler makes me sad :'(

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 06, 2009, 09:07:13 PM
Galliruler makes me sad :'(
Ok, fine.

I hate the AvP:R, AvP, and A:R designs.
Better? ::)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Much better! Very happy now!  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed