Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 87,835 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think AVPR brought back the Predator Spirt (The Wolf was the best Predator in a long time IMO) unlike AVP had.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Jan 31, 2008, 09:07:43 PM
I think AVPR brought back the Predator Spirt (The Wolf was the best Predator in a long time IMO) unlike AVP had.

The thing that i absolutely hated was, there was no break or breathing time....like the people never really interact with wolf....its like 2 different plots that meet ends just  for a few seconds...then they split apart again, they saw wolf and the aliens but they couldnt stop to talk about what they were....even the pld pred movies had that in there... :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 01, 2008, 11:51:26 AMThe thing that i absolutely hated was, there was no break or breathing time....like the people never really interact with wolf....its like 2 different plots that meet ends just  for a few seconds...then they split apart again, they saw wolf and the aliens but they couldnt stop to talk about what they were....even the pld pred movies had that in there... :-\

They were running for their lives, they didn't have time to stop and debate the creatures' nature.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 01, 2008, 09:08:25 PM
Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 01, 2008, 11:51:26 AMThe thing that i absolutely hated was, there was no break or breathing time....like the people never really interact with wolf....its like 2 different plots that meet ends just  for a few seconds...then they split apart again, they saw wolf and the aliens but they couldnt stop to talk about what they were....even the pld pred movies had that in there... :-\

They were running for their lives, they didn't have time to stop and debate the creatures' nature.

sure they have time to criticise each other but not the things trying to kill them... ::)

The Chibi Kiriyama

In that better survival movie, they had enough time to wonder what the heck it was that was attacking humanity. :)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 28, 2008, 06:00:16 AM
AvP is one of those films in which the trailers are more exciting than the film itself. How sad is that?
It even looked better visually. They had a cool color correction, with stronger blues and purples.

Then it was dulled down...

Alien³

Alien³

It was a let down for me.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The monochromatic look Anderson insisted upon just managed to make the film look worse.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 04, 2008, 01:12:01 AM
The monochromatic look Anderson insisted upon just managed to make the film look worse.

True. But how varied could the colours have been to begin with?

DXYautja

DXYautja

Was really good the first time I saw it.
But then it kind of dawned on me how much could have happened, should have happened, and didn't happen.
So it quickly turned into sort of a let down for me.
I really think the fights should have been fights (with the only exception being the Grid vs. Celtic brawl) not extra short little encounters that made you go "oooo can't for the real fights to happen."
That flashback scene of Preds fighting the Aliens atop the temple was the only real example of what Alien vs. Predator should be.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DXYautja on Feb 07, 2008, 02:54:37 AM
Was really good the first time I saw it.
But then it kind of dawned on me how much could have happened, should have happened, and didn't happen.
So it quickly turned into sort of a let down for me.
I really think the fights should have been fights (with the only exception being the Grid vs. Celtic brawl) not extra short little encounters that made you go "oooo can't for the real fights to happen."
That flashback scene of Preds fighting the Aliens atop the temple was the only real example of what Alien vs. Predator should be.

You sound like me :P

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

I hate that movie just as Alien Ressurection.

Secret Hero

Secret Hero

For me, AVP is a good movie. I'll post my review:

First movie to be made of AVP. Maybe this movie IS the best than AVP2 after all.

VisualFx: (88%)
- Even with the old Vfx, the mask of the Predator still is the best from the old movies, especially the Aliens suit or even the face is truly the one that is cool. In AVP2, the Aliens chin is like being stretched a little. And the Predator's mask for the mouth is a little too long. That's how AVP is still the best than AVP2.

SoundFx: (86%)
- Same rate with the Vfx, the Sfx has cool sound and some original shout-sfx of the Predators. And background music when the two species faces is good. Very good.

Storyline: (91%)
- The story really takes on the ancient times of how the people really built something from the teachings of the Predators, but when every 100 years the Preds come back and expect a ritual-sacrifice. But when all fates was change, the Aliens almost rule the whole pyramid. Still Predators are there to take care all the problems. The story is cool and easily understandable.

ViolentFactor: (78%)
- VF of this movie is not above it's average. Cause we always see the blood of the Aliens and Predators. Even the inside organs of the Aliens. And I recommend that you watch this movie with your parents, if you're 13 years below.

Overall: (85.75%)
- From the director of Resident Evil, Paul Anderson, created this masterpiece by combining and making a new rivalry of species. Alien Vs. Predator, a magnificent masterpiece.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Secret Hero on Mar 07, 2008, 05:31:23 PM

First movie to be made of AVP. Maybe this movie IS the best than AVP2 after all.

- Even with the old Vfx, the mask of the Predator still is the best from the old movies, especially the Aliens suit or even the face is truly the one that is cool. In AVP2, the Aliens chin is like being stretched a little. And the Predator's mask for the mouth is a little too long. That's how AVP is still the best than AVP2.

- Same rate with the Vfx, the Sfx has cool sound and some original shout-sfx of the Predators. And background music when the two species faces is good. Very good.

- The story really takes on the ancient times of how the people really built something from the teachings of the Predators, but when every 100 years the Preds come back and expect a ritual-sacrifice. But when all fates was change, the Aliens almost rule the whole pyramid. Still Predators are there to take care all the problems. The story is cool and easily understandable.

- VF of this movie is not above it's average. Cause we always see the blood of the Aliens and Predators. Even the inside organs of the Aliens. And I recommend that you watch this movie with your parents, if you're 13 years below.

- From the director of Resident Evil, Paul Anderson, created this masterpiece by combining and making a new rivalry of species. Alien Vs. Predator, a magnificent masterpiece.

13 years old? Are you serious? Horror movies don't even scare kids these days. (Well that sensible when all movies today is cg gore and other bullshit). Christ I saw the movie when I was thirteen and thought it was a kiddy movie.

Secret Hero

Secret Hero

Quote from: The Wolf on Mar 07, 2008, 08:16:54 PM
Quote from: Secret Hero on Mar 07, 2008, 05:31:23 PM

13 years old? Are you serious? Horror movies don't even scare kids these days. (Well that sensible when all movies today is cg gore and other bullshit). Christ I saw the movie when I was thirteen and thought it was a kiddy movie.
Correction, I posted "13 years below" not "13 years old".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed