I hope you're happy.

Gonna make dat shelf look classy as f**k

Aeus

Aeus

My shelf has this and this on it.

:'(

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

So I read the X-Men Origins: Deadpool one-shot comic. It's not worth picking up, Deadpool basically tells an abridged version of his origin story and it's nowhere near as good as the one depicted in the Deadpool & Death Annual '87. Give this one a miss, guys.   

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

PBA, have you ever read Nextwave? As much as you're into his pool-ness, you might want to give that one a read. Warren Ellis after he's injected pure heroin into his eyes and been given free reign to do anything he wants in the marvel U.

Also, DC Showcase presents: Ambush Bug has every one of his appearances up till the recent miniseries Ambush Bug: Year None. Just sayin'.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Aeus on Apr 10, 2011, 08:41:44 PM

Its ok I have this

Actually thats a lie, its crammed under a pile of crap out of view.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Apr 10, 2011, 09:14:35 PM
PBA, have you ever read Nextwave? As much as you're into his pool-ness, you might want to give that one a read. Warren Ellis after he's injected pure heroin into his eyes and been given free reign to do anything he wants in the marvel U.

I want more Nextwave.
I need more.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Also, DC Showcase presents: Ambush Bug has every one of his appearances up till the recent miniseries Ambush Bug: Year None. Just sayin'.

No I've not read either, and I don't know who Ambush Bug or Warren Ellis is.  :D

Quote from: Huol on Apr 10, 2011, 09:14:42 PM

Its ok I have this

I want more Nextwave.
I need more.

i totally agree, i love nextwave.
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 10, 2011, 09:18:37 PM

No I've not read either, and I don't know who Ambush Bug or Warren Ellis is.  :D

for shame *shakes head*

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 10, 2011, 09:18:37 PM

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Warren Ellis is one of the great comic writers. At this point, I'd arguably put him just under Moore and Gaiman. He's done everything from hard-hitting intense drama stuff to balls-off outrageous comedy, and most of the spots in-between. Nextwave is about the three steps beyond the normal end of that comedy spectrum, but I'd call it the best thing he ever wrote.

Ambush Bug, however, is essentially what Deadpool came out of. He was a DC character who showed up originally as a villain, but over a couple of one shot appearances in Action and DC Presents, he became more and more of a comedic character, culminating in a series of miniseries and specials throughout the 80s and ending in the early 90s. There had been comedic characters (and even characters who broke the fourth wall by addressing the reader directly) before, but the Bug really set the template for what was to come, and he's still my favorite. Everything I've read with Deadpool in it has basically just portrayed him as Ambush Bug with guns.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I might check out Nextwave, sounds pretty cool, might give Ambush Bug a miss though. :D

First Blood

First Blood

It's okay. I have All-Star Batman & Robin on my shelf.  :-[

And Captain America: Man & Wolf.

Huol

Huol

Hey All star batman & robin is quality entertainment

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Nextwave: (Not spoilers, just images)

Spoiler
[close]

Ambush Bug:

Spoiler
[close]

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Apr 10, 2011, 09:44:18 PM
Nextwave: (Not spoilers, just images)

Spoiler
[close]

Maybe I've been watching too much venture bros but I can't help but hear hunters voice when I read his dialogue.

Spoiler
And Monarch for Rorkannu and Phantom Limb for devil dinosaur
[close]

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Apr 10, 2011, 09:14:42 PM

Its ok I have this

What is your most treasured comic, that is the question...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed