Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 915,333 times)

SM

SM

Or maybe "butthurt" is more accurate...

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's an opinion brought on due to the fact I care for the character.

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
Dis issue

[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

i just finished Superman - For Tomorrow by Brian Azzarello, art by Jim Lee.

I don't really know what to make of this. The story centers around a mysterious vanishing, where a million people all over earth just disappeared in the blink of an eye, among them Lois Lane. I guess it's pretty well written, but it's the kind of story I would have to read a couple of times to really understand. The narration from different characters is pretty clever and Superman's small chats with the priest is interesting as well. The art is gorgeous and made me really appreciate Lee's Superman. It's the kind of Superman I would love to see in a live-action movie.

Has anyone else read this? What did you think?

SM

SM

Spoiler
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SM on Mar 23, 2011, 11:18:01 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh, I get it.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 23, 2011, 11:16:11 PM
i just finished Superman - For Tomorrow by Brian Azzarello, art by Jim Lee.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2ilzlg0.jpg

I don't really know what to make of this. The story centers around a mysterious vanishing, where a million people all over earth just disappeared in the blink of an eye, among them Lois Lane. I guess it's pretty well written, but it's the kind of story I would have to read a couple of times to really understand. The narration from different characters is pretty clever and Superman's small chats with the priest is interesting as well. The art is gorgeous and made me really appreciate Lee's Superman. It's the kind of Superman I would love to see in a live-action movie.

Has anyone else read this? What did you think?

It's shit.

Azzarello is a terrible choice as a writer for Superman and it shows. Especially in the dialogue, holy shit.

I used to like this, and for the life of me I don't know why. I'm not even that much of a Jim Lee fan.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I can accept that Superman wasn't his usual self in this, he seemed to be in shock most of the time after all. Still, I wouldn't go so far as to call it shit.

Aeus

Aeus

So FF1 was pretty f**king awesome.

Definitely need to add this series to my buy list.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 24, 2011, 12:58:28 AM
So FF1 was pretty f**king awesome.

Definitely need to add this series to my buy list.

The new series?

Aeus

Aeus

Yeah the one with Spider-Man.

And...

Spoiler
Uncle DOOM.
[close]

I really need to pick up the volumes of Hickmans FF run. I've only read random issues.

Huol

Huol

I was told it was actually pretty good.

hrm

Aeus

Aeus

Yeah. I downloaded it thinking it would be shitty, but I was completely wrong.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow with Batman inc. Yah know, if yah like it buy it and all that.  :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I hope there's more copies left over next month. (at the store i go to)

Aeus

Aeus

Hah, we don't have that problem in the UK.

There's always enough copies because there's never enough people buying them.  :D

But even if my local is out of the issue I want, I've got a back up store so I'm gooooood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed