Prisoner names in Alien3

Started by Xenomrph, Feb 21, 2009, 11:42:56 PM

Author
Prisoner names in Alien3 (Read 12,267 times)

SM

SM

The only extra bit in the AC is David saying he found Vincent's body.

Also Ripley identifies Eric's body, which she doesn't in the TC.  (At least she does in the Workprint - can't remember the AC off hand).

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2009, 10:29:05 PM

Also Ripley identifies Eric's body, which she doesn't in the TC.  (At least she does in the Workprint - can't remember the AC off hand).

Ripley only identifies Eric in the workprint (shame)  plus in the workprint she finds him a Little later than in the Theatrical and Assembly cuts giving it time for the Alien to Kill him.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
The "I think I found Vincent!" line was only in the extended cut? I could'a sworn that was in the theatrical cut as well.

I haven't watched the theatrical cut in a good while, though; I prefer watching the extended version.

SM

SM

QuoteThe "I think I found Vincent!" line was only in the extended cut? I could'a sworn that was in the theatrical cut as well.

Nup.

QuoteRipley only identifies Eric in the workprint (shame)  plus in the workprint she finds him a Little later than in the Theatrical and Assembly cuts giving it time for the Alien to Kill him.

Yeah, if one is paying close attention in the TC, Eric's death happens ridiculously quickly.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteYeah, if one is paying close attention in the TC, Eric's death happens ridiculously quickly.

Yeah that did always annoy me you see Eric run through the opposite door to Ripley only for Ripley then "find" him.  I always thought they should of cut that little sequence like the workprint.

EDIT:

Thought id post some screen shots of a few of the Lesser Known Stunt Prisoners just in case anyones interested in who we are talking about  ;D  smoe of these guys can be identified by Hill/Giller drafts.

Some of these are taken from the Assembly Cut.

SM

SM

The confusion also isn't helped by dialogue. Clemens says a "custodial staff of 25".  Which we can account for including the warders and MO.  Andrews however says "We've 25 prisoners here".

Personally I've always gone with the former.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2009, 11:55:36 PM
The confusion also isn't helped by dialogue. Clemens says a "custodial staff of 25".  Which we can account for including the warders and MO.  Andrews however says "We've 25 prisoners here".

Yeah that's always been another weird one for me, but i do agree with you id also go with the latter.

EDIT:

Well needing to keep my mind occupied ( i need to  :'(  ) i thought id try to identify the Mystery Prisoners...Then came across another " enigma " here he is for anyone interested...

Well going off memory in the Assembly Cut the survivors gathered after the Burn/Alien Entrapment Sequence are Aurther (Later killed by Gollic) Morse, Golic (in the Infirmary) Jude, Kevin, Gregor, Eric, Troy, Aaron, David, Dillon, William and Ripley None of the others...Magic!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hahaha, I have a co-worker who looks exactly like that guy in the foreground, but with short black hair. That's hilarious.

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2009, 11:55:36 PM

Andrews could have been speaking metaphorically; he and Aaron were just as trapped on the planet as the rest of them, since the resupply ship came every six months.

Just thinking out loud. :P

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteAndrews could have been speaking metaphorically; he and Aaron were just as trapped on the planet as the rest of them, since the resupply ship came every six months.

..Possible, and a good point.  But Andrews does say during that little speech  "..All child molesters, Rapists murders..ALL SCUM "  if he was including himself and Aaron  metaphorically then he would of been classing himself and Aaron as Scum etc.

SM

SM

QuoteWell going off memory in the Assembly Cut the survivors gathered after the bate and chase Sequence are Aurther (Later killed by Gollic) Morse, Golic (in the Infirmary) Jude, Kevin, Gregor, Eric, Troy, Aaron, David, Dillon, William and Ripley None of the others...Magic!

The 'bait and chase' sequence is the bit at the end.  There was no bait involved when they were going to flush it out with QCT.

A hard to spot continuity glitch in the TC is Arthur walking past frame post-explosion and fire - only to be found dead seconds later by Morse.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Feb 23, 2009, 02:20:29 AM
QuoteAndrews could have been speaking metaphorically; he and Aaron were just as trapped on the planet as the rest of them, since the resupply ship came every six months.

..Possible, and a good point.  But Andrews does say during that little speech  "..All child molesters, Rapists murders..ALL SCUM "  if he was including himself and Aaron  Metaphysically then he would of been classing himself and Aaron as Scum etc.
That's true, I forgot about that line.
Maybe he was rounding 23 up to 25 because it's a convenient number? Or maybe it's just a script continuity error (most likely explanation). :P

Also, there's a difference between something being "metaphorical" and "metaphysical". :P

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteThe 'bait and chase' sequence is the bit at the end.  There was no bait involved when they were going to flush it out with QCT.

Yeah got that mixed up was reading that part in the script...cheers for pointing that out...

QuoteA hard to spot continuity glitch in the TC is Arthur walking past frame post-explosion and fire - only to be found dead seconds later by Morse.

Yeah a mental glitch indeed...totally skips the Alien Entrapment, Dillon's Prayer, company discussion between Aaron and Ripley, Golic twonking Morse and Golic Slicing Aurthur's throat  and letting the Alien Free.  

QuoteThat's true, I forgot about that line.
Maybe he was rounding 23 up to 25 because it's a convenient number? Or maybe it's just a script continuity error (most likely explanation). Tongue

Also, there's a difference between something being "metaphorical" and "metaphysical". Tongue

LMAO!!!!!! damn it my mistakes are getting worse man lol thanks for pointing that one out to, ain't slept in days...sorry about that....*AHEM* anyways yeah he could of been rounding the number up i do it myself at times...but a script continuity as you say is the most likely of explotion...no wait that's wrong ...explanation.

SM

SM

QuoteYeah a mental glitch indeed...totally skips the Alien Entrapment, Dillon's Prayer, company discussion between Aaron and Ripley, Golic twonking Morse and Golic Slicing Aurthur's throat  and letting the Alien Free. 

Which, to be honest, had a lot of redundant material in it.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteWhich, to be honest, had a lot of redundant material in it.

Yes it did.  And it did drag on a bit to, i think those scenes should of been kept short and simple.  Don't get me wrong i do like those scenes and it was good to see them just seems allot of that stuff was just long winded and unnecessary.

SM

SM

Yup.  Some of the Golic stuff could've been kept.  But there was a natural flow in the TC, with things consistently getting worse, from the Alien not being caught to the reveal of Ripley being impregnated, as opposed to stuff slowing down when they've trapped the Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed