Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,950 times)

SM

SM

The latter was appalling in it's original version.  They shoulda just added the background hiss to the whole scene rather than having it drop in and out, and write it off as background noise.  They're in a foundry after all.

predxeno

predxeno

I didn't hear any background noise, is it in the special edition quadrilogy dvd?

SM

SM

Yes.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Dec 22, 2010, 02:33:36 AM
The latter was appalling in it's original version.  They shoulda just added the background hiss to the whole scene rather than having it drop in and out, and write it off as background noise.  They're in a foundry after all.
Agreed.  Thankfully, our patience (although we didn't know we were waiting ;) ) has rewarded us with a better version.  :)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I got the Limited Egg Edition for Christmas, I haven't had the chance to look at any of the movies yet but I'll get round to it soon. :)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Dec 26, 2010, 03:50:12 PM
I got the Limited Egg Edition for Christmas, I haven't had the chance to look at any of the movies yet but I'll get round to it soon. :)

What number is yours?

predxeno

predxeno

One thing I was somewhat disappointed about in the Alien Anthology was that I thought this Blu-Ray set would have everything related to the Alien movies.  However, I can't find Newt's filmed autopsy in the bonus discs.  I heard in the 2003 commentary for Alien 3 Special Edition that it was filmed but dropped cause many people were too horrified/disgusted at it.  I would have preferred it if Fox could have at least put that deleted scene in the special features.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I got the Anthology for X-mas, and I love the boxset so far. I love how the box is set up like a book, and I will be looking forward to watch Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 on my new HD tv soon.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 26, 2010, 11:54:00 PM
One thing I was somewhat disappointed about in the Alien Anthology was that I thought this Blu-Ray set would have everything related to the Alien movies.
There will never be a box set that has "everything".

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 26, 2010, 11:54:00 PM
One thing I was somewhat disappointed about in the Alien Anthology was that I thought this Blu-Ray set would have everything related to the Alien movies.  However, I can't find Newt's filmed autopsy in the bonus discs.  I heard in the 2003 commentary for Alien 3 Special Edition that it was filmed but dropped cause many people were too horrified/disgusted at it.  I would have preferred it if Fox could have at least put that deleted scene in the special features.

???

I don't wanna see that shit? But I get your point I guess.

Sicko  :D

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 26, 2010, 07:03:30 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Dec 26, 2010, 03:50:12 PM

What number is yours?

I couldn't see a number anywhere, I'll have another look around on Friday, I don't have it with me at the moment.

predxeno

predxeno

The number's on the sheet attached to the back of the box; right below the section that details the special features of the Anthology.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 29, 2010, 02:54:59 PM
The number's on the sheet attached to the back of the box; right below the section that details the special features of the Anthology.

Ah, I'll get back to you on that.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2010, 08:29:19 AM
maybe if we select Giger's Workshop and.click right?

Anyone read about Aliens 3D? That could of been really interesting.

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 05, 2010, 02:51:35 PM
What's Aliens 3D?

Read it.

Spoiler
The ending seems to be a copy of Terminator 2 3D attraction.  I know both were made by the same people, but they could have at least made them both unique in their own way.  Also, why have nobody die just so the kids aren't traumatized, but at the very end have the robot killed?  If I don't get to see any people die throughout 99% of the story, then I want a classic everybody's happy ending (except for the Aliens, maybe).
[close]

predxeno

predxeno

I've been looking around discs 5 & 6 for the Alien Anthology, but I still haven't found the Nostromo files that claims that Lambert was born male.  I found 2 easter eggs on disc 6; the Nostromo dossiers and Ash's science report, but I haven't found the other 2 that are supposedly there.  Help, anyone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed