Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,212 times)

yeah i found that one, international shipping was too high :( you go get it yourself :)

Mike’s Monsters

Finally got around to watching all of the films. I am very, very happy with the quality of this set.
I think the films looked incredible. Absolutely great.
The weakest in quality, in my opinion, was Resurrection. But I still felt like it looked pretty dang good.
So... I don't do ratings.
But I'd give it a solid 10 out of 10, if I were to rate it... Which I just did.

Cellien

Cellien

Still haven't watched any of the films on Blu-Ray yet!  It's been sitting in my movie cabinet for far too long.  Hope to bust them out this weekend. :)

Quote from: Cellien on Nov 16, 2010, 04:09:21 PM
Still haven't watched any of the films on Blu-Ray yet!  It's been sitting in my movie cabinet for far too long.  Hope to bust them out this weekend. :)

me neither, but i had seen them quite recently, i mostly bought it to have and for the egg, obviously next time i watch them i will use the blu rays though.

Cellien

Cellien

Oh nice, I didn't get the Epic Egg edition.

epic is right ;D

predxeno

predxeno

I hope to get the egg edition. ;)

i forgot to mention, i found one of those need a hug shirts on ebay and got it for £4.49!! inc postage

^also you better hurry up predxeno, they're ltd edition so if you wait too long, you'll have to settle with a pre-owned and more-expensive-than-they-are-now one, same with me and the alien head for the quad, i couldn't afford it at the time, and they are only now coming back down to a similar price they were to start with, and even then you are going to get tatty packaging, if any, etc.

predxeno

predxeno

Don't worry, I got the one on the ebay auction; it's in new condition. ;D

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I'm hopefully getting the Egg edition for Christmas from Play.com. Hopefully.

predxeno

predxeno

I'm trying to convince my mom to get it for me on Christmas, but so far she says no cause she already bought the Alien Quadrilogy on DVD and I'd only be buying the same movies again; something I've done many times previously with all the different editions.  I need support from the AVP community to give me stuff I can use to convince my mom to get the Alien Anthology or convince that it's different from the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set.  I heard that the movies were completely remastered and look better than ever; is there a really big difference? 

Vulhala

Vulhala

From what I've seen, huge.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Also, lots of new special features. Just tell her there's 60+ hours of bonus material too. :P

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, my mom's not big on "Special Features".  Apparently, the only thing worth seeing on a movie DVD is the movie itself.  I know, she should really open her mind.  Is the movie watching experience any different?  That'll probably be a good way to get to her.  I heard that the remastering makes these "old" movies look like they were filmed "yesterday".

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 16, 2010, 05:20:59 PM
Yeah, my mom's not big on "Special Features".  Apparently, the only thing worth seeing on a movie DVD is the movie itself.  I know, she should really open her mind.  Is the movie watching experience any different?  That'll probably be a good way to get to her.  I heard that the remastering makes these "old" movies look like they were filmed "yesterday".

Surely it's about what you like not what she likes if it's a gift for you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed