Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,282 times)

Adey

Adey

had no problems with mine everything looked perfect not to dark at all.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: bleau on Oct 27, 2010, 01:26:33 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Oct 27, 2010, 01:16:08 AM
So is it high definition to see more dark in a movie or to see more of what's in the darkness?

HD should look a little brighter IMO. Heres what you should do, find some screenshots of alien, preferably the darkest one you can find, then find that scene and pause it, compare. If yours is darker then the screen cap, then adjust settings.

Just seen your other post on Aliens. Maybe Alien is just a vary dark movie.

I don't have the Blu-Ray yet.  I was just asking to find out which of the two people liked better in a Blu-Ray.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

If I were you stick with the Quad, you're not missing out on much.

Hudson1138

Hudson1138

I love how Cameron cleaned up some of the errors in Aliens, the flamethrower/pulse rifle edit is fixed and they digitally fixed Bishop reaching for Newt when you could see his body hiding under the floor.

predxeno

predxeno

What's the flamethrower/pulse rifle edit? ???

Hudson1138

Hudson1138

at the end when ripley is going to get newt and she gets the pulse rifle and flamethrower, the edit was messed where she would grab the pulse rifle and put down the flamethrower, then grab the flamethrower and put down the pulse rifle!

predxeno

predxeno

Is that in the Alien Quadrilogy?  Funny I never noticed that.

Hudson1138

Hudson1138

yep! the mistake is in home version of aliens except for the new blu ray, and u know what im talking about when i talk about the bishop ripped in half but you can see the actors body in the fake floor?!

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm getting it for my birthday so I can't really pass it up. To bad that the first is darker overall, but it seems the rest of the films turned out okay.

I just want to see the Assembly cut with the fixed audio and the extended interviews with David Fincher being frustrated on set.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

PHANTOM, how high is the egg display?

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Got it today.

It's...it's everything I've ever wanted...*sob*

JayHy17

JayHy17

I really think it also depends on your TV's. And also remember to toggle between different visual modes on your TV. Like my 50 inch Samsung Plasma has "Dynamic, Standard, and Movie" settings. I noticed that on the Dynamic setting it really brings out the color, where as the Movie really softens the textures. I would try toggeling if you have options on your tv. I do this all the time for video games, each game i play looks best on a different setting. But if you are watching blu rays on a 720p flat screen, you're not getting the full 1080p HD quality. Some people say it dosnt really matter, but it does. So remember the TV matters, a lot!

That Yellow Alien

Alien looks fine on bluray.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Anyone else find a $50 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card in their Egg Boxset?

I found it in the actual blu ray case, tucked behind Disk 6.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I also found Alien to look fine. I didn't have a problem with it. To be honest, I'm wondering why I didn't get a BR player earlier if all BRs look this good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed