Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,175 times)

BUGZ

BUGZ

Good news! Mine will be here tomorrow! Joygasim!

*puts on alien suit and gets ready to pounce on postman*

bri

Griffith

Griffith

this might be a dumb question but is this set is going to be realeased for region 4? I'm from mexico and I'm wondering if it's going to include the spanish audio because I own the Aliens special edition 2 disc set wich was sold separetly from the quadrilogy and it include the audio in spanish only for the theatrical cut and since they told before that everything from the quad will be on the anthology I want to be sure because I'm not waiting for FOX marketing to deliver this set 3 months later. Should I wait or should I buy and import?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Mine has also been dispatched by Play today.  ;D

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2010, 06:34:25 PM

*Slow grumbles*... ;D

Amazon are being slow... c'mon please dammit!

SM

SM

Quote from: Griffith on Oct 20, 2010, 06:27:55 PM
this might be a dumb question but is this set is going to be realeased for region 4? I'm from mexico and I'm wondering if it's going to include the spanish audio because I own the Aliens special edition 2 disc set wich was sold separetly from the quadrilogy and it include the audio in spanish only for the theatrical cut and since they told before that everything from the quad will be on the anthology I want to be sure because I'm not waiting for FOX marketing to deliver this set 3 months later. Should I wait or should I buy and import?

The Anthology is, as far as I can tell, Blu-Ray only.  Can't find any region 4 DVDs.  Your Blu-Ray region is the same the US (Region A).

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2010, 10:28:11 PM
Quote from: Griffith on Oct 20, 2010, 06:27:55 PM

The Anthology is, as far as I can tell, Blu-Ray only.  Can't find any region 4 DVDs.  Your Blu-Ray region is the same the US (Region A).

Hmm I see, well anyway I 'm going to buy and Import it, the spanish audio dubbing is some kind of nostalgia since I grew with it, however as I mentioned before there IS Region 4 Dvds wich were sold and distributed separetly from the alien quadrilogy set I don't know if they did the same in the US. Here is the backcover of the special edition Alien 3 DVD Region 4.

SM

SM

Quotehowever as I mentioned before there IS Region 4 Dvds wich were sold and distributed separetly from the alien quadrilogy set I don't know if they did the same in the US

I know as I'm also in region 4 (dunno how that works being on opposite sides of the world but anyway).  From memory we had a bunch of langauges on the Australian pressings rather than just English, Spanish and Portugeuse.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: BUGZ on Oct 20, 2010, 06:03:13 PM
Good news! Mine will be here tomorrow! Joygasim!

*puts on alien suit and gets ready to pounce on postman*

bri
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2010, 06:34:25 PM

I never thought I'd say this..but I have anthology envy :D :D :D

I really want to own this.....having to wait is agony. I'm contemplating approaching my family & asking them to kick in some of the $$$ & have it be part of my B day &  X-mas.  ;)

DrGediman

DrGediman

I'm not buying this.  I have the Quadrilogy.  I don't need this set.  I don't care about the visual quality of bluray.  The extra stuff is not that great.  I'll probably watch it on youtube anyway.

SiL

SiL

Cool story bro.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Oct 21, 2010, 07:25:52 AM
Cool story bro.

^f**king this.

BUGZ

BUGZ

Quote from: DrGediman on Oct 21, 2010, 07:22:09 AM
I'm not buying this.  I have the Quadrilogy.  I don't need this set.  I don't care about the visual quality of bluray.  The extra stuff is not that great.  I'll probably watch it on youtube anyway.

Your gonna miss out on some sexy visuals - are you sure sweetie?  ::)

chupacabras acheronsis

a comrade streamed Ressurection last night.

damn that was eye-candy. too bad the movie sucked just as bad.

Just a grunt

Well it came this morning, (22/10/10 at 8:30 GMT) a whole 3 days early.I claim to be the first to receive th limited edition Egg set (not counting those who bought it at Comicon of course). Looks brilliant at first glance, just the right size not to take up to much room on the BD shelf. Although it's limited edition i cannot see any numbering on either the statue or the box but I may have missed it. The statue itself is very nice although not up to Sideshow's normal standards, lots of plastic seams, a few indentations in the flat sides of the base, the odd plastic burr or badly finished edge, but on the whole for the price I think it is well worth it. To finally hold it in my hands after all the months of waiting is quite special. This weekend = Alien Weekend -Yippeeee!!! Bring on the face hugger

Don't know why it's not displaying the photo but you can see it here: http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x396/Timelessmomentsltd/?action=view&current=DSC01720.jpg

Firestorm

Firestorm

So anybody watched Alien or Aliens yet? Dying to hear the views on the new remasters and in particular the DTS-MA audio tracks, everybody just seems to be banging on about the packaging of all these new Blu-Ray releases.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed