Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,952 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I noticed each disc has a seperate list of deleted scenes. Do we think these are simply the scenes added to the extended cuts or something new? I know there are some scenes from Alien 3 that didn't make it into the assembley cut for example.
The Archives disc also has additional deleted scenes from Alien. Hopefully we will get something we haven't seen before.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2010, 04:29:07 PM
Bit of a crap review IMHO. Not very informative.

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. Good job I didn't buy the mag... ;)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Yeah it's a pretty crappy review indeed, I really didn't get anything out of it. I'd say the most information they gave was the rating for each film :D

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2010, 04:29:07 PM
Bit of a crap review IMHO. Not very informative.

They didn't want to reveal any spoilers.

;D

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
kane dies
[close]

Nope

Nope

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Let's be honest. Does anything really need to be said about these films? We're all going to buy it anyway.

Now all I need is confirmation of whether it'll be region-locked or not, as I really hope I don't have to get the fugly Australian release.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 10, 2010, 05:28:10 PM
I noticed each disc has a seperate list of deleted scenes. Do we think these are simply the scenes added to the extended cuts or something new? I know there are some scenes from Alien 3 that didn't make it into the assembley cut for example.
The Archives disc also has additional deleted scenes from Alien. Hopefully we will get something we haven't seen before.

I think at this point it's a sure thing that we're getting more deleted footage from Alien and Aliens. As for Alien3 and Ressurection I have no idea, but they certainly could include more if they wanted to, seeing as it seems they had access to pretty much everything filmed for each movie (judging from the myriad outtakes and excised tidbits shown in the making-of documentaries).

SM

SM

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 11, 2010, 02:33:35 AM
Let's be honest. Does anything really need to be said about these films? We're all going to buy it anyway.

Now all I need is confirmation of whether it'll be region-locked or not, as I really hope I don't have to get the fugly Australian release.

Does Australia miss out on content or something?

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: SM on Oct 11, 2010, 03:01:22 AM
Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 11, 2010, 02:33:35 AM

Does Australia miss out on content or something?

No difference in terms of content, as far as I'm aware, but we have to put up with this entirely uninspired artwork in addition to the hideous ratings label:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/815512

Also, with the Australian dollar currently at 0.98 USD, it's actually cheaper to buy from America.

as a Fox release i'm going to guess it'll be region locked unfortunately :(

i quite like that box design, but i agree about the massive rating label :( are they not doing the egg in aus?

at $130 you'd be better of getting it from the UK if it's not region locked, that is about £80 which is the same price as the Egg is here, and twice the price of the standard box

SM

SM

Big f**king whoop about the artwork.  I'm not going to be sat for hours looking at the artwork.

SiL

SiL

And what are the chances there's only going to be one cover type released? Honestly?

Quote from: SiL on Oct 11, 2010, 09:10:48 AM
And what are the chances there's only going to be one cover type released? Honestly?

there was only one for the quad, in the uk at least.

SiL

SiL

True, but we've seen that they've designed multiple packagings for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed