Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,916 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Did anyone save all the images from Home Cinema Choice? Looks like Fox had 'em pulled.

Mike’s Monsters

Seeing that hole gone makes me all kind of happy!

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2010, 05:36:26 PM
Did anyone save all the images from Home Cinema Choice? Looks like Fox had 'em pulled.

Sure did ;) Want me to zip em up and send them to you?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If you don't mind :)

SM

SM

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 04, 2010, 01:07:12 PM
Wow  :o

Big difference in colour there.

"Big"?

OneUglyMother

OneUglyMother

Wow, I'm so pumped, I just took October 26th and 27th off work, just so I can explore this entire set when I have it.  Any news on if the picture is stretched on Alien or not?  So far, that's the only negative feedback that I'm concerned about.

bleau

bleau

QuoteAny news on if the picture is stretched on Alien or not?  So far, that's the only negative feedback that I'm concerned about.

Not sure if it is streched? Compared to D-VHS it looks streched, but the D-VHS could also be compressed. I Know that after looking at the D-VHS and Blu Ray Captures I can tell the D-VHS has slightly more detail, and D-VHS is 1080i. But on the other hand the Blu has had DNR applied to it slightly and re-color coded. I highly doubt that the Alien is a new remaster, It is almost the same as the D-VHS with the exception of DNR and color timing. The Master is not that old though, I think it was done in 04 for the D-VHS. Hope that helps.

Quote from: OneUglyMother on Oct 05, 2010, 12:07:35 AM
Wow, I'm so pumped, I just took October 26th and 27th off work, just so I can explore this entire set when I have it.  Any news on if the picture is stretched on Alien or not?  So far, that's the only negative feedback that I'm concerned about.

that's why i'm glad my girlfriend does late shifts and i always work daytime hours, it means i can enjoy DVDs that she wouldn't be interested in from 5pm to 9pm, twice a week :D

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2010, 11:28:22 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 04, 2010, 01:07:12 PM
Wow  :o

Big difference in colour there.

"Big"?

Well, it's not huge but it's noticably 'yellower'.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Daz_85 on Oct 04, 2010, 07:06:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2010, 05:36:26 PM

Sure did ;) Want me to zip em up and send them to you?

Thanks dude. Got 'em.

I've got the Monday off but I'm hopeful Play will send it earlier as I have a 4 day weekend there (birthday woot!). I'll certainly be locked away in my room.  :)

chupacabras acheronsis

so the Cameron(tm) Blue Hue is gone now?

great. just great...

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 05, 2010, 03:19:06 PM
so the Cameron(tm) Blue Hue is gone now?

great. just great...

I don't think so. The other screenshots posted back along had plenty of blue!

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2010, 10:26:52 AM
Thanks dude. Got 'em.

I've got the Monday off but I'm hopeful Play will send it earlier as I have a 4 day weekend there (birthday woot!). I'll certainly be locked away in my room.  :)

No worries. I see the new Empire magazine has a review on the Anthology set judging from their website preview http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

If you scroll down it previews the alien anthology review, it looks like a 4/4 4.5/5 (in stars)

it looks to me like
Alien Film 5/5, extras 5/5
Aliens Film 5/5 Extras 4/5
Alien 3 Film 2/5 Extras 3/5
Alien Resurrection Film 3/5 Extras 3/5
Overall 5/5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed