Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,207 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

::) Yes, because they're that stupid.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2010, 07:23:32 PM

You've never been to devianart them.  A lot of arists only make versions of their fanart with the watermarks avialble to the public.  I'm guessin that may be where they pulled the artwork from.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 15, 2010, 02:56:43 AM

You've never been to devianart them.  A lot of arists only make versions of their fanart with the watermarks avialble to the public.  I'm guessin that may be where they pulled the artwork from.

I used to do that, only because I forgot to sign my name on the piece.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You'd be guessing wrong. They were done for the documentary.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

YOu can easily get rid of watermarks.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Aug 15, 2010, 09:52:43 AM

People do it because of "art theft."  It's extremely pretentious.  It's like announcing that your art is so awesome you know someone else is going to try to take credit for it.  If someone does indeed like your art, it's also partially ruined now.

QuoteYou'd be guessing wrong. They were done for the documentary.

That still doesn't prove deviantart wasn't involved.  There's probably been about thirty official film based contests that used that site.

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

We need a countdown clock for the release.

I'm gonna go on a massive Marathon binge when these come out. I'm in the mood to watch them now but I'll hold off to build the anticipatation.

So ALL 4 Movies will be uncut/extended?.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

DC for Alien & Aliens, AC for Alien3, SE for Alien: Resurrection.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

J-Syax what's the point you're trying to make?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 15, 2010, 07:08:41 PM

People do it because of "art theft."  It's extremely pretentious.  It's like announcing that your art is so awesome you know someone else is going to try to take credit for it.  If someone does indeed like your art, it's also partially ruined now.

That still doesn't prove deviantart wasn't involved.  There's probably been about thirty official film based contests that used that site.

Until you have had your own artwork stolen, and sold under another artists name, you don't have any room to talk about why an artist shouldn't watermark their work.

It's not about saying that you are "so awesome and you know someone else is going to try to take credit for it." It's about not risking it. It's a pain in the ass to prove it's your own work when someone else is taking credit for it.

Get over yourself, let's get back on topic.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

Quote from: Mikey on Aug 16, 2010, 05:53:57 AM
Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 15, 2010, 07:08:41 PM

Until you have had your own artwork stolen, and sold under another artists name, you don't have any room to talk about why an artist shouldn't watermark their work.

It's not about saying that you are "so awesome and you know someone else is going to try to take credit for it." It's about not risking it. It's a pain in the ass to prove it's your own work when someone else is taking credit for it.

Get over yourself, let's get back on topic.
Yes, because there's this huge risk of people printing out fanart on glossy paper and selling it at auction for thousands of dollars.  I don't really need to get over anything.  Pretentious dipshits who ruin their art for the only fans they will ever have to take an unneccesary ego trip need to either be slapped or not upload it in the first place.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 16, 2010, 06:00:29 AM
Yes, because there's this huge risk of people printing out fanart on glossy paper and selling it at auction for thousands of dollars.  I don't really need to get over anything.  Pretentious dipshits who ruin their art for the only fans they will ever have to take an unneccesary ego trip need to either be slapped or not upload it in the first place.

There is a huge risk, because it has happened to me. I wouldn't have said anything I mentioned in my previous post if I didn't have anything to back it up.
I don't see why protecting something you worked hard on, or love is any reason to say someone has an ego or needs to be slapped.
I've been told plenty of times that the watermarks take away from my artwork, but I don't care. If it saves me time and money to get out of having to do legal work to get my own creation back and not under someone else name, I will watermark, and I'm sure other artists see it the same way as I do.
You obviously don't know what it's like to have something that you have put your heart and soul into, taken away from you by someone who claims its theirs, and did absolutely no work besides Right-Click>Save As.

Keyes

Keyes

The following video interview with James Cameron will either make you jump for joy or .... cause controversy ;D

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68820

Skip to 5:40, but here's what he says:

- Personally did complete remaster of Aliens Special Edition.
- Used same colourist as on Avatar.
- Looks spectacular. Completely de-noised and de-grained it, up-rezed it, colour-corrected it, end-to-end every frame.
- Looks amazing, better than it did originally in theatres. Looks sharper, clearer and more beautiful than it's ever looked.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Excellent news.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Awesome! Front paging it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed