Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,301 times)

Johnny Handsome

^Those are still expensive though, i got mine for 200â,¬ and that included 3 Blu-Ray's in the package.

You get it now for 179â,¬.

Dachande

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 07, 2009, 03:17:44 PM
^Those are still expensive though, i got mine for 200€ and that included 3 Blu-Ray's in the package.

You get it now for 179€.

The one i managed to get was £199 and that came with 6  movies, and IMO thats pretty cheap, and the player itself seems like a good one. People just need to look harder

predatorfandrc90

Well guys I just don't feel it's worth the money.That's just my opinion but I know people who own one it's alright but I don't feel there's a great need to buy one.

Johnny Handsome

Well, i put it this way, once you have the player (remeber, really good DVD players are around the same price, hell, there are even DVD player out there which costs around 1000â,¬) the Blu-Ray discs themselves are not much more expensive then the standart DVDs, i got Quantum of solance for 14,99 â,¬, the DVD was next to it for 12,99â,¬. You get a much better quality for almost the same price, i don't pay more then i used to pay for the DVDs, and get a much better quality, its a win-win situation for me.

The TV? 699â,¬, 42" plasma HD ready from Samsung, i payed more for my old tube television a couple of years ago.

If people don't wanna upgrade, fine by me, i don't care, what i cant understand though, is when they say that its too expensive in comparison to the old stuff, which it isn't, it really isn't.

predatorfandrc90

A brand new DVD at Walmart is usually 20$,The same film on blu-ray is usually 30$.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 08, 2009, 01:57:40 AM
A brand new DVD at Walmart is usually 20$,The same film on blu-ray is usually 30$.
Sry, but then walmart just sucks. In my local DVD/Blu-Ray store a new brand new Blu-ray is around 15 to 20â,¬ while the DVD is around 10 to 15â,¬

There are Blu-Ray movies that cost 30â,¬, but those are very rare and overprized anyway, there are still overprized DVDs out there.

Cellien

Yeah, I go to Amazon or Frys and have never paid over $19.99 for a Blu-Ray movie and that's rare.  Not to say there aren't plenty of high-priced Blu-Rays, I just wait for the movies I want to go on sale, usually $12.99-$14.99.

DoomRulz

HMV here in Canada has individual Blu-Rays selling for on average, $21-$34.99. The latter price is for brand new releases, so all in all, the prices are reasonable. Same as DVDs, really.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Theres only a few films i want to see on blu-ray, the Alien movies, Blade runner and the abyss just to name a few.  I admit im only thinkinh about getting a blu-ray player etc is becasue of the Alien movies.  I did the Same with DVD, when DVD's came about as soon as i heard they were comming to DVD i bought a player and the boxset.  My brothers think im mad for doing it.

Oooodz

I always look online, shops like HMV and Tesco's generally seem to rip me off!  :D

Vulhala

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 08, 2009, 09:28:06 AM
Theres only a few films i wont to see on blu-ray, the Alien movies, Blade runner and the abyss just to name a few.  I admit im only thinkinh about getting a blu-ray player etc is becasue of the Alien movies.  I did the Same with DVD, when DVD's came about as soon as i heard they were comming to DVD i bought a player and the boxset.  My brothers think im mad for doing it.

I'm gonna get it for the exact same reason, and my missus thinks I'm mad for doing it too. They just can't understand mate lol. I've decided that I'm gonna spring for a PS3 though. Two birds, one johnny as they say  :D

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteI'm gonna get it for the exact same reason, and my missus thinks I'm mad for doing it too. They just can't understand mate lol. I've decided that I'm gonna spring for a PS3 though. Two birds, one johnny as they say[/qoute]

Oh i get ya  ;) ;) lol.

I still have my very first DVD player, bought it back in beginning of 1999, still plays fine and i still use it.  its bloody big though lol, its the size of a VHS player.

A L I E N

I only want the first three movies!

DoomRulz

So do that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed