Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,938 times)

predatorfandrc90

coughthefacepalmwasfunnycough

XenoVC

Quote from: MIDGET on Jul 05, 2009, 11:10:07 PM
coughBlueraysucksCough

How does it suck?

I still have a DVD player as well,but there is no denying that blu-ray has better picture,and I am not going to say its a piece of crap just because I don't have one.

War Wager

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 05, 2009, 10:14:46 PM
Yeah but who own's a blu ray player.

More people than you think.

Quote from: MIDGET on Jul 05, 2009, 11:10:07 PM
coughBlueraysucksCough

Blasphemy!

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Wow. I didn't know Swine Flu could spread through the net...

... and how does Blu-Ray suck? At least give us a reason. Price? You can get 'em pretty cheap nowadays.

War Wager

Probably because they don't have one.

predatorfandrc90

Dude their overpriced and boring it's just an inprovment in picture not that intresting.I could by an hd tv cheaper then bying the player and bying movie's overtime.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:46:27 AM
Dude their overpriced and boring it's just an inprovment in picture not that intresting.I could by an hd tv cheaper then bying the player and bying movie's overtime.

People said the same thing about VHS to DVD actually.
And you'd be surprised on how many people have Blu Ray, at my work, Best Buy, we constantly sell out of Blu Ray movies over DVD format. And the Players have come down in price, drastically.

midget

Thats because mainstream will buy anything. HD dvds? meh, ill wait until disc are useless. Everyone knows the future is memory/usb based. Who needs round objects anymore? Save your money, quality isnt that much of an improvement. Have a few beers, quality will look the same.

;D ;D ;D

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: MIDGET on Jul 06, 2009, 04:57:58 AM
Thats because mainstream will buy anything. HD dvds? meh, ill wait until disc are useless. Everyone knows the future is memory/usb based. Who needs round objects anymore? Save your money, quality isnt that much of an improvement. Have a few beers, quality will look the same.

;D ;D ;D

HD DVDs came out at the same time as Blu Ray, one had to die. True, the world will probably go toward a USB based type of memory... But not anytime soon. DVD's haven't been around long, so more people are upgrading to Blu Ray players to get a better picture for the HDTV's they are all buying on a daily basis. So Blu Rays are selling, like I said earlier, we sell out of them all the time at my work.

And you can't tell me that this isn't a big improvement (right-click: view image):

xeno_alpha_07

QuotePeople said the same thing about VHS to DVD actually.

Yeah i remember all that lol, they used to show a DVD promo trailer on the VHS tapes trying to show and demonstrate how DVD is better.  I mean how dumb was that?  "the picture is twice as Sharp as regular VHS..."  but looked and sounded the same because it was on a VHS tape lol, not very bright.

QuoteDVD's haven't been around long

They've been around quite a while now, where have you been?

Before DVD it used to be VHS vs Laserdisc, they were like DVD's but on 12 inch discs.

Laserdisc started running form 1978 and died out in 1997.  It was always an obscure market for them, they never got that push and it had many faults which they never ironed out.  Then came DVD and totally killed it.  When HD-DVD was announced they were told not to bother as they had something better, but they didn't listen.  Its the same with blu-ray, its slowly taking off and Japan have said they have a new concept better than blu-ray being released in the next 2 years.  I don't have a blu-ray player but i do admit i want one now and i will get one along with a HD TV.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Has anyone here bought or seen The Thing on Blu-Ray? If the transfer of that film doesn't convert you, then I don't know what will. It's bloody gorgeous, It even looks better than new releases like The Dark Knight and The Incredible Hulk.

midget

Quote from: Mikey on Jul 06, 2009, 07:49:29 AM

;D ;D ;D

HD DVDs came out at the same time as Blu Ray, one had to die. True, the world will probably go toward a USB based type of memory... But not anytime soon. DVD's haven't been around long, so more people are upgrading to Blu Ray players to get a better picture for the HDTV's they are all buying on a daily basis. So Blu Rays are selling, like I said earlier, we sell out of them all the time at my work.

And you can't tell me that this isn't a big improvement (right-click: view image):

well if blue ray is the first picture maybe ill buy it. the second one is to blue looking. doesnt looks real.

midget

my friend works at best buy and we have this discussion all the time. i guess i just dont care. hell i still buy  obscure rare vhs tapes at flea markets and burn them to dvd.

i watch movies through my xbox with hdmi cable to my 42 lcd. happy with results.

older movies look good on blue ray, look remasterd such as 1st dawn of the dead. newer ones i cant tell the difference.

Johnny Handsome

Quotewell if blue ray is the first picture maybe ill buy it. the second one is to blue looking. doesnt looks real.
That's not a good comparison to begin with. The first pic is from an older DVD version, the blu-ray pic is from the Directors Cut, which has new digital fx and a different color grading.

XenoVC

Quote from: MIDGET on Jul 06, 2009, 05:38:11 PM
Quote from: Mikey on Jul 06, 2009, 07:49:29 AM

;D ;D ;D

well if blue ray is the first picture maybe ill buy it. the second one is to blue looking. doesnt looks real.

Wow,are you blind?

I don't even........

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed