Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,935 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I haven't had much of a chance to poke around the special features. There's so much to choose from, I'm overwhelmed.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 31, 2012, 11:53:09 PM
I haven't had much of a chance to poke around the special features. There's so much to choose from, I'm overwhelmed.

Work your way through each film's bonus material chronologically. :)

Morgoth

Morgoth

I've only made it through 75% of the first disc

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Since I just got a blu ray player, I'm planning on buying Alien Anthology on blu ray. The problem is that there are two versions of Alien Anthology at my hmv.

I was wondering what the difference was and which should I get?

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Wow didnt know there were 2 versions. The queen cover looks friggin awesome.

Morgoth

Morgoth

The first cover with the queen is basically a reprint with a different cover. It is exclusive to region 2. The cover with the alien drone is the first print and if it is the region 1 version it comes in a digibook 

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Ghostrider, I feel like I've heard that the queen cover doesn't have all the special features of the original version...you should try to double check that, and see which one you'd prefer.

I'm trying to find out more but I'm having trouble doing so.

Nightmare Asylum

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think the second version is the one with the extras... around here the Queen one is barebones.

MrSpaceJockey

Morgoth

Morgoth

Sorry my mistake,I could have sworn the queen cover had special features.

SM

SM

I stumbled across a set yesterday that just had the films.  No fifth and sixth disks.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're in the States so buy the one with Kane's Son's head on it. That will apply to your region.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 15, 2012, 08:27:51 PM
Ghostrider, I feel like I've heard that the queen cover doesn't have all the special features of the original version...you should try to double check that, and see which one you'd prefer.

I'm trying to find out more but I'm having trouble doing so.

Yes, the Queen cover only has four discs whereas the one with the Alien has six discs. In other words, the version of Alien Anthology with the Queen cover lacks the special features.

Keyes

Keyes

The Queen version also has individual cases for each film, which looks quite nice :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed