Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,931 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 07, 2011, 05:36:48 PM
I've been looking around discs 5 & 6 for the Alien Anthology, but I still haven't found the Nostromo files that claims that Lambert was born male.  I found 2 easter eggs on disc 6; the Nostromo dossiers and Ash's science report, but I haven't found the other 2 that are supposedly there.  Help, anyone?
It's the Nostromo Dossiers. Read Lambert's file. The Dossiers aren't an easter egg, if I recall, unless you're NOT talking about the files from the ALIENS board meeting? The info is on them.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I still can't find my limited edition number, I've looked over every inch of that sheet of paper that was glued to the box and there's nothing. :D

My egg is looking great, though. ;D

predxeno

predxeno

Can you send a pic of the paper?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 07, 2011, 11:12:34 PM
Can you send a pic of the paper?

Not at home at the moment, it'll be sometime after the weekend.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Xeno on Nov 10, 2010, 11:39:45 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 10, 2010, 03:15:53 PM
Check daily (or weekly, how you want to) this page. I'm sure someone will report them.

Not necessary anymore. Changing the menu language to English helped a lot. Here are the locations of all four easter-eggs on Disc 6. They are alway on the right.

Alien > Production > H.R. Giger's Workshop

Alien > Pre Production > Cast Portrait Gallery

Aliens > Production > Production Image Galleries > Final Battle and Epilogue

Alien Resurrection > Production > Production Image Galleries > Extracting the Queen

Enjoy.  :D

Thanks.  Are there any other Easter Eggs on any of the other Alien Anthology discs?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Predxeno, I noticed that you wanted some footage of Newt's Authopsy on the Anthology. While there is not actual footage, in the Photo Archive of ADI's Workshop in the Alien3 section of Disc 6 you can find stills of the model they built.

Regarding the films, I've watched Alien in blu-ray. f**king Awesome. Film got a make over and it looks great. Almost like it was released a few months ago.
I had a quick look at the memorable moments of the other flicks.
Aliens is alright.
Alien3 looks great too, except for the ginormous downside of the Alien still being Green-blobbed all around... sad face.
Alien: Resurrection is.... damn, disappointing! D: They could've done a hella better job with it, it's like they didn't care much. :/

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 16, 2011, 10:33:04 PM
Predxeno, I noticed that you wanted some footage of Newt's Authopsy on the Anthology. While there is not actual footage, in the Photo Archive of ADI's Workshop in the Alien3 section of Disc 6 you can find stills of the model they built.

Thanks. :)  I'll be sure to check that out as soon as I can.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 16, 2011, 10:33:04 PM
Alien: Resurrection is.... damn, disappointing! D: They could've done a hella better job with it, it's like they didn't care much. :/

I heard that Jean-Pierre Jeunet (the director) felt the Blu-Ray version was like a "mediocre dvd" and that nobody came to him about remastering the film for Blu-Ray; that's why he's disowned the version in the Anthology.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't really blame him for his reaction. The Resurrection Blu-Ray is a mere DvD upscale... no restauration whatsoever. Mediocre, yeah. That's what I would describe it as, too, considering it is a Blu-Ray. And it's a 90s film. Other 90s films look great on Blu-Ray - look at Dracula, look at Godzilla... But no, they couldn't afford some caring for Resurrection. Bah.

predxeno

predxeno

Why wasn't Resurrection restored to the scale as the other films in the set were?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Because its f**king horrible.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Basically. Nobody cared. Not to mention the remastering of a film probably requires some degree of visual engagement, so I can see why they wanted to do a rush job.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 17, 2011, 05:04:55 AM

:D

+5

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Reason denied 'cos it isn't.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 17, 2011, 07:27:55 PM
Reason denied 'cos it isn't.
But then any reason for anything can be denied.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What I meant to say it's that It's not a valid reason. Weee, I dun laik Resurrection! That's not a reason to do a mediocre job on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed