Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 363,511 times)

Ash 937

Any word on whether or not David Fincher will be involved with the Alien3 portion of this box set?

Darkness

He's not involved. It's still the same cut as the Quad. Just with better sound.

PHANTOM

^ And hopefully better picture quality that matches with the rest of the film. If they can get both of those right, I'll be extremely happy. One of the big fatal turn offs from the Alien 3 cut is the sound and picture quality that didn't match with the rest of the film. You can clearly tell it's deleted footage and the color grading, visual quality and sound isn't in sync with the rest of the film at all.

Now the directors cut from Alien and Aliens matched very well, it looked and sounded like it was part of the film all along, almost like if nothing was added.. but it was.

War Wager

It's a shame Fincher disowned his own film. It's pretty respected nowadays.

PHANTOM

I understand Fox gave him some shit while making the film but, I sense a lot of "I'm King Fincher, I'm too rich and awesome now to care anymore" ::)

coolshow

Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 01, 2010, 09:26:36 PM
^ And hopefully better picture quality that matches with the rest of the film. If they can get both of those right, I'll be extremely happy. One of the big fatal turn offs from the Alien 3 cut is the sound and picture quality that didn't match with the rest of the film. You can clearly tell it's deleted footage and the color grading, visual quality and sound isn't in sync with the rest of the film at all.

Now the directors cut from Alien and Aliens matched very well, it looked and sounded like it was part of the film all along, almost like if nothing was added.. but it was.

The PQ was very good i think

PHANTOM

The theatrical version of Alien 3 yes, of course. But the directors cut of Alien 3 had a bunch of out of place poor quality footage that screamed "deleted scene" :o

The Alien and Aliens directors cut matched very well visually with the theatrical version, the same needs to be done with Alien 3. I have a feeling they are going to fix this though.

Keyes

Apparently these come from the Polish distributors. 6 disc set.

Oiriginally found here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-kingdom/96552-alien-quadrilogy-autumn-2009-a.html

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Those things are so awesome :o
Is that a Polish exclusive or what?

War Wager

The white case looks super nice.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Or super unimaginative.

War Wager

I like it. Nice and simple.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

It is nice, don't get me wrong. But it could be so much more.

Keyes

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just early concept art work, and the end result will be a lot different. We're still a long way off from release.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I have a question:
In the AvPG news it says that the BR anthology will feature 6 discs. Does that mean that we will get less Special Features or those in the DvD Anthology will be comprimed in 2 discs?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed