I want to make a movie, but:

Started by Alienseseses, Dec 07, 2008, 08:15:35 PM

Author
I want to make a movie, but: (Read 1,907 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm trying to get a fake gun for a zombie movie I plan to make. It takes palce in my neighborhood, the gun is lifted off a dead (possibly police) body, and I'm trying to find a good, cheap fake gun.
What do you recommend?

And if it's "Spring Loaded", does that mean anything?

I don't want it to actually discharge anything, or make a noise. That'll be effects. Here are ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Airsoft-Gun-Pistol-hand-gun/dp/B000KL7PZC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1228680581&sr=8-1

^ Does this shoot anything?

http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Loaded-Metal-Pistol-Airsoft/dp/B001AIX6KM/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1

^ Spring loaded. Is it a BB gun? Is this kind of gun useable without firing anything?

http://www.amazon.com/JLS-2017-Style-Electric-Pistol/dp/B0013FDDPU/ref=pd_sbs_sg_22

^ Electric Gun. If I take out the batteries, will it fire anything?

severen76

severen76

Those are all BB Guns.

Just don't load any BB's into it or cock it and it wont fire or make a sound.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

OK. If a policeman sees me with an orange cap empty BB gun, will I be arrested?

Gates

Gates

In New York City, yes...BB guns are illegal...well I'm sure you wouldn't be arrested but they will confiscate and fine you for sure...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

So there's a problem right there. What do I do?

Gates

Gates

I'd say to think out your locations...if you shoot the scenes with the gun indoors or somewhere out of sight you would be okay...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

That's a problem. It's an outdoor shot, in the street.
:37-1:35
I filmed this a long time ago.

And it's an essential plot turn. I'm having a parent supervising, and yes, I will use an orange cap, but I need a gun.

Gates

Gates

Yeah I remember when you posted that originally, good stuff...I have another idea, what about a non firing stage prop? I'm not sure what the laws are regarding those type of guns and the price is exponentially higher than what you might want to spend...but look at it as an investment, this wouldn't be the last film you make...you could reuse it indefinitely...

Just another idea I suppose...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Oh, I would, as all the effects are going to be digital, but I can't afford that. My parents, at least, wouldn't be too happy if I spent hundreds on a gun. And I'm pretty sure that legally they need an orange cap...

Gates

Gates

"Well I'm out of ideas!" ~85

;)

SM

SM

Either
- Shoot close ups that look like you're out in the street but aren't.
- Shoot against a blue screen and comp in the back ground.
- Get a location permit.

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

Use Waterguns.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

There was something I forgot to say, that I guess I should have said. The movie is a first person camera type story, like Blair Witch.

SM

SM

Don't shoot against a blue screen then.

maledoro

maledoro

Please use a tripod. TBWP gave me a headache.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed