Things you want in the next version of AvPR

Started by War Wager, Dec 06, 2008, 02:37:58 PM

When they release a new DVD of Requiem, what do you want added?

More Deleted Scenes
22 (42.3%)
Brightness Corrected
36 (69.2%)
Commentary with the Actors
7 (13.5%)
More Extras
12 (23.1%)
Other
1 (1.9%)
Don't really care, wouldn't buy it anyway
17 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author
Things you want in the next version of AvPR (Read 8,669 times)

DoomRulz

Lulz, you mean the two black kids who were cut out? NEVA!

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 24, 2008, 04:09:22 PM
Lulz, you mean the two black kids who were cut out? NEVA!

Yeah, to have more kids in the film.  :(  Get out...
Besides, the movie is already as bad as it is. More 6 seconds scenes are not going to make this film better.

PHANTOM

What I would like to see is the film get salvaged. Give it another chance to be something better or even slightly better. Throw a dog a bone for Christ sakes!

Call it the AVP-R Definitive Edition. Give it a brand new menu display, maybe like a hive with smoke coming out of it and having some alien warriors running in and out of frame. Add some of the deleted scenes in the extras and come up maybe a fun AVP trivia game. Take the unrated version and completely re-colour grade the entire film from head to toe. Make it look visually spectacular so we can enjoy the film more and see whats going on clearly. Giving it a better cover too wouldn't hurt either.

I think a lot of people would appreciate it, if that was done.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 29, 2008, 01:37:41 AM
What I would like to see is the film get salvaged. Give it another chance to be something better or even slightly better. Throw a dog a bone for Christ sakes!

Call it the AVP-R Definitive Edition. Give it a brand new menu display, maybe like a hive with smoke coming out of it and having some alien warriors running in and out of frame. Add some of the deleted scenes in the extras and come up maybe a fun AVP trivia game. Take the unrated version and completely re-colour grade the entire film from head to toe. Make it look visually spectacular so we can enjoy the film more and see whats going on clearly. Giving it a better cover too wouldn't hurt either.

I think a lot of people would appreciate it, if that was done.

I wouldnt mind a Definitive Edition of AvP-R, if it was for free.

Deathbearer

I already have it why am I going to buy it again?

DoomRulz

Were you upset with what you got?

Keyes

The main priority would be to correct the contrast.... it really is poor, there's no getting around it. Theres a demo reel on the Strause's website that shows there is a version they have that's done correctly.

I'd also like to see a longer cut of the movie, with as much deleted material as possible. I'd happily re-buy it on these grounds.

Prednomenon

Prednomenon

I personally would welcome seeing this film re-released on Blu-ray with noted presentation flaws thoroughly corrected.

I generally do believe the reason why this film looks so dark at present is due to either an utterly careless procedure applied during post-production or a really bad judgment call made during post-production leading to this type of filtering being purposely applied.

I've seen trailers and even some sequences without the darkened visuals and the effects and locations used all looked fine, not to mention the drastically improved colour palette alongside vast brightness level improvements. I've never bought this so-called "The Strause brothers purposely shot in low light conditions" baloney of an excuse to justify the really dark visuals, at all. The evidence in the trailers and clips released before the film hit theaters has more than proved this assumption to not be the case.

This big botch job really needs to be fixed and soon because for all of the negative criticism this film gets? The most frequent one is the appalling look of the film.

I acknowledge this film is far from perfect and there is a group of people that hate it, and that's their right to, but the visual look has always been the primary reason why I just can't like this film. If that is changed then my opinion will very likely change. If they can make the next version and release of AVPR look like that I'll be able and will gladly enjoy the film on a visual and entertainment scale alone.

Check out the clip below, without the visual abnormalities.

AVPR: Store Showdown:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/746237/aliens-vs-predator-requiem /videos/avpclip_103007.html

Hyperdyne

I want an apology from Strauses for making it a teeny bopper movie and completely contradicting and screwing up the franchise with predalien

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 24, 2008, 09:48:28 AM
Things you want in the next version of AvPR

a complete different movie.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 26, 2009, 04:09:12 AM
I want an apology from Strauses for making it a teeny bopper movie and completely contradicting and screwing up the franchise with predalien

They won't apologize because that would seriously damage their career, and how exactly did the PA screw up the franchise?

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 26, 2009, 03:21:35 PM
Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 26, 2009, 04:09:12 AM

They won't apologize because that would seriously damage their career, and how exactly did the PA screw up the franchise?

I know they wont, I was just beign sarcastic. Although its not impossible, Schumacher apologized for Batman & Robin

As for Predalien, the idea itself was cool and new - the execution was horrible. Why is it such a strong hybrid first of all? aliens never had such huge percentage of their host in them. And the hair? where did any alien inhabit any hair or fur of their host? The growth speed - it got bigger than predator in few seconds or minutes, then why for two days it didnt grow another inch yet it still remained an adolescent queen? and the whole queen concept - predalien queen looks almost like predator and is clearly a mix of alien and predators - why then the nomrla queen looked nothing like her human host? nothing. She was even far less humanoid than the regular aliens. And on and on and on. Predalien is just a MAJOR screwup

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 26, 2009, 03:48:24 PM
I know they wont, I was just beign sarcastic. Although its not impossible, Schumacher apologized for Batman & Robin

Schumacher has an established track record for making good movies. B&R was just a fluke. The Brothers don't have that.

Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 26, 2009, 03:48:24 PMAs for Predalien, the idea itself was cool and new - the execution was horrible. Why is it such a strong hybrid first of all? aliens never had such huge percentage of their host in them. And the hair? where did any alien inhabit any hair or fur of their host? The growth speed - it got bigger than predator in few seconds or minutes, then why for two days it didnt grow another inch yet it still remained an adolescent queen? and the whole queen concept - predalien queen looks almost like predator and is clearly a mix of alien and predators - why then the nomrla queen looked nothing like her human host? nothing. She was even far less humanoid than the regular aliens. And on and on and on. Predalien is just a MAJOR screwup

The idea was poorly executed. That doesn't mean it f**ked with continuity.

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 26, 2009, 06:52:28 PM
Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 26, 2009, 03:48:24 PM

Schumacher has an established track record for making good movies. B&R was just a fluke. The Brothers don't have that.

Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 26, 2009, 03:48:24 PMAs for Predalien, the idea itself was cool and new - the execution was horrible. Why is it such a strong hybrid first of all? aliens never had such huge percentage of their host in them. And the hair? where did any alien inhabit any hair or fur of their host? The growth speed - it got bigger than predator in few seconds or minutes, then why for two days it didnt grow another inch yet it still remained an adolescent queen? and the whole queen concept - predalien queen looks almost like predator and is clearly a mix of alien and predators - why then the nomrla queen looked nothing like her human host? nothing. She was even far less humanoid than the regular aliens. And on and on and on. Predalien is just a MAJOR screwup

The idea was poorly executed. That doesn't mean it f**ked with continuity.

Not continuity, but it went against so many rules of the franchise and logic that its mind blowing

DoomRulz

Normally I would agree, but the thing is, the official reasoning of why the Predalien was desgined the way it was (namely giving it dreads) was because the people involved wanted the audience to be sure they knew where the creature came from.

Piss poor excuse yes, but there it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed