Get Rid Of The Creature

Started by Xenomorphine, Dec 06, 2008, 04:53:57 AM

Author
Get Rid Of The Creature (Read 13,340 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The Chronicles of Riplick

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

An Alien movie without any Aliens, I'm shocked some people are actually welcome this.
Its like making Jaws without the shark. I don't want to see a 60 year old half woman half alien thing running around searching for the sense of life.

That's definitely number one on the list of the "Shittiest ideas of all time". If you don't know what to show new about the creature simply let the creature away.. its that simple  ::)

f**k me, i never heard a more awful idea in my life, really.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 07, 2008, 08:33:48 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 06, 2008, 05:26:53 AM
Well the Space Jockey is the only thing left to explore.  The aliens have been done to death. 
We still haven't seen with our own eyes a world being taken over successfully by the aliens. We got close in Aliens and touched on the concept with AVP-R, but we need to see it and show that they can do it.

That's what Aliens was about, just on a much smaller scale.

Post-apocalyptic thing done to death, though.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 08, 2008, 03:02:44 PM

Its like making Jaws without the shark.

Despite the first hour of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 - you don't even see the alien.

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

I always wanted to see a Alien movie much like  2001. It can be a good idea.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Maybe the company gets a hold of alien DNA, though not aliens, and Ripley needs to take Weyland Yutani down.

Oh, wait. It was bought out by WalMart.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Despite the first hour of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 - you don't even see the alien.
There is a difference though.
You dont see the alien but you know it will appear, the whole human set up is just a build up to what ultimately will come, namely the Alien, hence the title Alien.

Whats going on here? Do you really want to see an Alien movie without its main attraction?

Yeah great idea, just leave out Robocop for the remake while were at it.. will work for sure.
You know, i heard fanboys say something like this: "People will accept everything in a movie when it has the title Alien in it"

Now i know whoever said that was absolutely right.  :-[

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 08, 2008, 03:02:44 PM
An Alien movie without any Aliens, I'm shocked some people are actually welcome this.
Its like making Jaws without the shark. I don't want to see a 60 year old half woman half alien thing running around searching for the sense of life.

That's definitely number one on the list of the "Shittiest ideas of all time". If you don't know what to show new about the creature simply let the creature away.. its that simple  ::)

f**k me, i never heard a more awful idea in my life, really.

I feel the same way.

Just because she has acted in all thus far alien movies does not make her an authority on how to make a good Alien film either.

"THis time I want it to all be about MEEEEEE. -Sigourney

SM

SM

Four Alien films with her in > two without

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 09, 2008, 02:32:50 AM
Ripley needs to take Weyland Yutani down.

Oh, wait. It was bought out by WalMart.

well, I don't know how it could happen but maybe they could add it into the film just to "beat a dead horse"

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 09, 2008, 09:42:02 AM
There is a difference though.
You dont see the alien but you know it will appear, the whole human set up is just a build up to what ultimately will come, namely the Alien, hence the title Alien.

Whats going on here? Do you really want to see an Alien movie without its main attraction?

If you take it as it's most superficial level, it's about aliens killing people.

SM

SM

Hence the need for one or more Aliens.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 09, 2008, 09:42:02 AM

That's part of why the technological invisibility method in 'Predator' worked so well, too. It was a novel and creative new way of achieving precisely the same effect, which just so happened to play directly into what the villain was all about.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Dec 10, 2008, 03:55:06 AM
Hence the need for one or more Aliens.

That's not what I meant.

SM

SM

Even though you're correct?

Master Chief

Master Chief

I don't like the idea at all and I would not see it. Hmph!

Seriously, does anyone like her character that much?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed