AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 365,119 times)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Not gunna lie, I didn't read all the responses so I have no idea if anyone made this scenario.

I would certainly do it in the future, some time after Alien 3 and before Alien R. In fact, I wouldn't even care if it contrasted anything, whatsoever, with Alien R in even the slightest way.

That said, I would have the setting take place on a city-station. A large space station that served as a research facility, space hub for transit into deeper space (fuel, food, supplies in general) for colonist, shipping, military personal on patrol, explorers, etc.

With a hub as such, you could pick and choose the method of which an Alien infestation could get a foot-hold. It could be the research facilities fault, in the time honored fashion of studying Xeno's and it getting out of hand. Time test, slightly trite, it works well given the emphatic nature that the corperation wants to get their hands on them. As the infection spreads a distress call is sent out.

Explorers, in much the same fashion as what happened in Aliens get more than they bargained for. Perhaps several of them have facehuggers on as they seek medical attention. Perhaps they have several eggs in their holding area that are empty when they go to unload them - as they wonder what happened, they get hugged or the huggers scuttle off into the vent shaft and make their way into several personal quarters. No one would notice till it was too late.

As above, when the space feces hits the fan, the call is sent out for help. By the time the marines arrive the station is for the most part taken over and being turned into a hive. Perhaps their are pockets of humanity hidden away, leaving the door open for more characters to be introduced.

Which ever one, being the Evil Company, explorers, a infest ship coming in on auto pilot, I feel as though a station setting would be the best avenue for the three to be introduced instead of happening to wander onto another Predator training grounds. As for the Predators being introduced, they could have come across the infested station or intercepted the SOS. They themselves could be introduced after the Marines arrive or before, in a different part of the station. Either or, the Predators would view it as an incredible opportunity to hunt both species in incredibly difficult circumstances.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

any new avp movie should be set in the future and must feature the colonial marines. Maybe the marines stumble upon a planet that is infested with aliens that the predators visit to hunt every so often

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

This new game essentially is the third AvP film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Any of them could've been the new movie. But nnnnnooooooo :P

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yeah. But at least this game has some loosely connecting story threads with first AvP film.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

yeah i liked how they made reference to the first avp movie and included the wolf character but also liked the fact that avp3 went in a different direction, maybe the 3rd movie could take note or maybe the movie producers should just hire us lot the life fans we could make a kick ass avp3.

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2007, 09:15:16 AM
Space. Marines. Smart Aliens. All variants of Aliens. Jungle.

Would you mind defining smart aliens?

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 08, 2010, 03:02:02 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2007, 09:15:16 AM
Space. Marines. Smart Aliens. All variants of Aliens. Jungle.

Would you mind defining smart aliens?

You know, smart as in how Giger's Space Rapist acted in Alien.

#6.0

#6.0

^^ lol, but honestly like Ripley: They cut the power. Hudson: What do you mean, "*They* cut the power"? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals! ...

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 08, 2010, 03:05:24 AM
^^ lol, but honestly like Ripley: They cut the power. Hudson: What do you mean, "*They* cut the power"? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals! ...

James Cameron said in commentary that he was implying that they were smarter than Hudson gave them credit for.

Not to mention that the queen figured out how to operate a f**king elevator. :P

#6.0

#6.0

^^ Not at all to belittle the queen, may the lord bless her, ia ia chtulhu fhtagn!, but that was mimicry, which is a sign of intelligence, also, the scene in which the queen and ripley almost come to an agreement, until the queen back stabs the deal (like she should have), was a far better example of their intellect. 

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 08, 2010, 03:15:10 AM
also, the scene in which the queen and ripley almost come to an agreement, until the queen back stabs the deal (like she should have), was a far better example of their intellect.

...Did we watch the same movie? :-\

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

A Predator ship should crash land on a colony, and after bieeng investigated is filled with Aliens Eggs. Predators respond to distress signal. Figure the rest out.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Inspired by Alien: Resurrection, since the space pirates were such memorable characters:

Freelance 'merchants' get hired by Weyland-Yutani to smuggle a particular package to a corporate facility near our solar system. The package is a facehugger egg, acquired from another planet found using the Acheron Jockey's telemetry.
We get a few shots of a Predator ship, distorting the tapestry of deep space through its cloak. Every few exterior shots, it shows up just to assert its presence and go "PREDATORRRRR".
Everything goes pretty much according to plan, despite some tension generated by a crew member who appears to be overly curious. Halfway through the voyage, however? BAM. Rival space pirates attack.

Battle ensues. The aggressors look as if they're set to win, but an unseen force seems to turn the tide in favour of the defenders, with only two attackers surviving. Spooky. Turns out one is a Company man, trying to take the cargo and the credit for it. He fills us in on how the egg was discovered, as above. The other survivor didn't really take part in the battle - he made for the cargo hold. Uh oh. Our heroes count the corpses and test it against the information Company Dude gave them and basically shit themselves. When they get to the door, they find it physically crippled in such a way that the hold is sealed shut. There's absolutely no way in -- except the ventilation system. It takes some time to prepare - a lot of time, in fact.

OOOOOHHHH SHIIIIII--

Subverting everyone's expectations, the volunteer who goes to check it out doesn't actually die. Yet. He takes a torch and a small camera that feeds into some piece of viewing technology to update the other crew members on what he sees. Remember, he doesn't think anything is supernaturally amiss here -- they've just got a lost hostile who might've been in their cargo. So he's in. Then there's a moment where we get SHRIEKING VIOLINS and the hostile shows up, begging for help.

What we see is basically a jumbled account of the chestbursting through the camera, which is going everywhere because the crew member in there is losing his shit ten times over. We otherwise get to hear it from the other characters' perspective, through the mangled but obtrusive door. The sound dies down.  Tense moments pass, the crew looking to each-other for leadership, until one -shakenly- calls the name of the crew member trapped in there. No response.

That's as far as this idea got. I'm still thinking of ways to maintain the tension, but the idea is that the Predator herds the human playthings into the Alien's path without presenting itself as a priority target, so it can have its amusement and then finish off the Alien. This Predator is experienced, but is "unblooded" in that he's never fought an Alien, just sorta heard of them on the vine. He's arrogant, too - he doesn't seem to think of the Alien as anything but a plaything itself. The first confrontation between the two shatters this pretty violently, as the Alien subverts his attempt to herd the humans by simply attacking him.
So the Predator has a reality check and vows to take the next fight more seriously. He does, and wounds the Alien - causing its acid blood to seep through the hull. Predator escapes just before the ship's protective measures seal the room off, and that vacuum area becomes the Alien's lair - a soundless abyss.

So now the Alien is taking the Predator more seriously after being wounded, and our unlucky galactic hunter becomes a priority target. The final battle is brutal and fast, seeing the Predator on the back foot as the Alien launches sneak attack after sneak attack from all angles - a particularly violent tussle interferes and damages the cockpit control systems, disengaging gravity control amongst other things. Wounded, and no longer able to keep a firm footing against a perfectly adaptive enemy, the Predator sees its demise and activates its wristbomb. There's a final clash with the Alien. He wounds it heavily, but ultimately gets killed.

keylight-di

keylight-di

So ... Well...
I like it. This movie I wish, I could see. And there are no Marines in it. An additional plus. ;)
Just - for me - too little of Predator. I'm talking not about numbers, only the length of the action.
And Unblooded should know what Xenos are, IMHO.
The end is good. The only one possible.

BTW New av, Alex... Spring-cleaning? I like it... ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed