AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 363,466 times)

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 09:21:59 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2010, 08:43:56 AM
The fact they bothered to piss around resurrecting Ripley shows the derelict was made no longer viable by the explosion. Perez' line of "Ellen Ripley died trying to wipe this species out. For all intents and purposes, she succeeded", as well as the comment earlier in the film about the Aliens never being found elsewhere, add to this.

Na i blame the screenwriters for not comming up with the idea i did. Anyway Wasnt the Derelict pretty far out from Hadley's hope? Im pretty sure it would of Suvived the blast.
Hey i agree with you, and i do agree its been there for millions of years too. although i was burned none stop about that lol. Anyways i think its going to get destoried in A:cm when it comes out i bet. I heard you raise hell in the space jockey ship.

SiL

SiL

They spent a lot of time and effort on cloning someone, not to mention money. A lot of time and money on what was clearly an illegal operation.

They would not have done that if the Derelict was available.

It doesn't matter if they didn't come up with the same story as you. No mention of the ship is made, they clone Ripley, two plus two equals Derelict being destroyed.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

They just couldnt find it. And you're forgetting one important thing. Alien Resurrection is set 200 years after the event of Alien 3. So anything could of happened between Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection to the planet. So thankfully because of Alien Resurrections Place in the timeline(At the very end) Theres still that big 200 year gap from Alien 3 that can still be explored in the AVP universe or the Alien Universe.

So take my idea that is set 10-30 years after the Events of aliens.(Ripely is long gone) They could easly have it so The predators Bombard the Crash site from above or another planet crashes into it or a Astroid or even better yet! one of the predators gets sourrounded by Aliens within Jockey area within the marine base And Takes himself out in true Predator fashion.

Just because the Crashsite is out of the way from Hadleys hope and makes it so it could of suvived the blast doesnt mean it cant withstand getting caught within a predator Nuke.

All you gotta do is be creative and you can easly come up with a possible solution to why they HAD to clone Ripley in the first place. And im pretty sure he would of Sied in that one scene that it was destroyed via the nuke that went off there anyway. So again i blame crappy screenwriting for not comming up with a solution beyond the stupid cloning excuse.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 09:59:39 AM
They just couldnt find it.
They knew where it was the same way Burke did: Ripley told them.

QuoteAnd you're forgetting one important thing. Alien Resurrection is set 200 years after the event of Alien 3. Anything could of happened between Aliens Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection to the planet.
You're forgetting that they pretty explicitly state that there's no record of people encountering Aliens since A3, that the Company knew where the derelict was, and that if they really, really wanted one, they would have looked.

You're also not taking into account that Alien 3 literally takes place within at most a week of Aliens. If the Company had a crew out there ready to get an Alien, why would they not stop by LV-426 while they were in the area?

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

anyone know why Johner calls earth a shit hole?

and when the ship crash into earth and caused that massive explosion that took up a half contenant wouldn't millions of people have died?

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

The amount of Radiation was too much. Plus maby they thought because of the blast, the ship would no longer be there.

But even better maby you just didnt read what i sied? The Company have Gone back to the Crash site because it suvived the blast because of the reasons i sied above in my other post. And have built a Complex around it. So the company can study the Eggs and do whatever they want. But as the Ship who was going to collect the aliens from the base and return it to earth gets blasted by a predator ship, Crashes near the base which forces or allows for the aliens to get loose.

Alien 3 takes how long after Aliens? a week yeah? so while the company is building a new Complex around the ship ready to study and bring back the eggs on site. And because hugh ass buildings like that take a good few years to make. The company knowing of Ripley thought it could get the alien faster by going to her.

And OFC when has the AVP Movies ever tied itself to the movies perfectly? It's a Seperate universe which hardy classes as Canon. Even the games are not cannon if you follow the movies plot. Apart from a few details at times the movies hint at. Look how awesome the games are. If AVP3(The movie) follows its own plot with Spaces Marines, Aliens, Predators within the universe but stays true to the franchise like both games have done. Then it would be a good movie.

Anyway if what you say is true then by theory they shouldnt be any AVP Games or comic books, since the crash site was destroyed if they followed the movies plot as cannon. Which the games doesnt

Your're gonna have to cut corners if you want a Movie about Space marines, predators and Aliens like we all do. Or do you want another AVP Movie set on earth with a bunch of townsfolk getting killed? And a setting no one cares about or wants?

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

I personal like the idea and i would love to see they make the AVP movie fighting the USCMC.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 10:16:24 AM
Plus maby they thought because of the blast, the ship would no longer be there.
They still would have checked.

QuoteBut even better maby you just didnt read what i sied? The Company have Gone back to the Crash site because it suvived the blast because of the reasons i sied. And have built a Complex around it. So it can study the Eggs and do whatever they want. But as the Ship who is going to collect the aliens from the base gets blasted by a predator ship Crashes near the base which forces or allows for the aliens to get loose.
I read what you said, and it still makes no sense. Alien Resurrection makes it clear that what we see is what there is. If the Company had built a giant complex around the ship and gone about studying Aliens, we would have heard about it.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2010, 10:27:22 AM
Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 10:16:24 AM
Plus maby they thought because of the blast, the ship would no longer be there.
They still would have checked.

QuoteBut even better maby you just didnt read what i sied? The Company have Gone back to the Crash site because it suvived the blast because of the reasons i sied. And have built a Complex around it. So it can study the Eggs and do whatever they want. But as the Ship who is going to collect the aliens from the base gets blasted by a predator ship Crashes near the base which forces or allows for the aliens to get loose.
I read what you said, and it still makes no sense. Alien Resurrection makes it clear that what we see is what there is. If the Company had built a giant complex around the ship and gone about studying Aliens, we would have heard about it.

Then tell me how can we have AVP Games and comics? If the games and comics feature(Marines, The company, etc and all this kind of stuff then theres nothing stopping a Fresh reboot of the AVP Movie franchise having this kind of stuff. AVP1 (Not sure about AVP2) Had the Space jockey and the kind of setting i was talking about. But if the games followed that kind of stuff then by all means they shouldnt be any aliens and the games should of been called "Marines vs Predator"

So if the games have the Space jockey in then that means theres nothing stopping A new AVP Movie from having it. After all like you sied No Derelict no aliens..

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Yeah i was just about to bring up the comic, games, and books but people follow the movies more i guess.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 10:31:46 AM
Then tell me how can we have AVP Games and comics? If the games and comics feature(Marines, The company, etc and all this kind of stuff then theres nothing stopping a Fresh reboot of the AVP Movie franchise having this kind of stuff.
They're comics. And novels. And games. Not movies. They don't even follow continuity with each other, let alone the movies.

Movies follow their own continuity. Even the AvP movies kept themselves largely in-check, except for some nonsense in AvPR.

You can have Aliens, Predators and marines without screwing with continuity.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Yes so if the games have places like The Prison planet 161 and the Space jockey Ship as setpeaces and levels then theres nothing stopping the movie from doing so. And my idea is not scewing continuity. Its just taking a part of a story in the Alien universe and making its own AVP Version of it.

After all the AVP universe like you sied it its own continuity. So theres nothing wrong with having a predator fight a Queen within the space Jockey Cockpit area.

And im not Saying AVP Movie should add to what happened in the Alien story. But to keep things intresting theres nothing wrong with Changing what hapepend to suit the AVP Storyline.

Then you can have the Cannon Alien Story line where the Derelict is supposed to be destroyed.
And AVP's Own version of it of where it still remains. And the Company has several Marine bases around Predator Pyamids and Alien Hives etc.

Take the transformers Movie by Michal Bay and compaire it to AVPR. Transformers: Revenege of the fallen got crappy reviews, no one liked it. But it still made 800+ Million for a 150 Million budget film. People will play money if it has things they want from a big blockbuster movie(I know i did) And the movie universe is Considered to be its own cannon. But for a Movie stand-point it works because it takes characters, Setting and stuff and makes it into a film.

Does Devastator getting hit by a Rail gun while climbing the Pyamids ever happen in the original storyline? Not really. But it does in the movie. So Lets get a good action Director. Lets get a Nice budget of 100-150 Million, Get a good cast of actors to play as Space marines, Get Aliens, Get predators, Set it in space on eather a space craft or a Planet(or both)

And people will pay for that. Because it what people whana be seeing. With the three Races. Who wants to be watching a bunch of townfolk fight it out with aliens and predators on Earth using modern weapons. And watching actors who cant act.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 10:44:35 AM
Yes so if the games have places like The Prison planet 161 and the Space jockey Ship as setpeaces and levels then theres nothing stopping the movie from doing so.
Yes there is.

Continuity.

Games, comics, novels, they can do whatever they want. If they want the Space Jockey to rise up out of the Derelict and shoot rainbows out its eyes, they can.

The movies, on the other hand, not so much. The games, comics and novels have absolutely zero baring on what goes on in the movies.

QuoteAfter all the AVP universe like you sied it its own continuity.
That's not what I said. At all.

I said the expanded universe - comics, novels, games - have their own thing, and movies have theirs. AvP films included.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Whatever.. Your not reading what im saying.

What is stopping Fox from Just making a movie out of AVP2(The game) plot? it will work. Yeah you will have to shorten it down to a 2 and half hour film but you still have the basic setting.

Ignored anyway. You're annoying me.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Jan 14, 2010, 10:57:21 AM
Whatever.. Your not reading what im saying.
Yes I am.

And I'm saying you're wrong.

QuoteWhat is stopping Fox from Just making a movie out of AVP2(The game) plot?
Money. And even filmmakers like Anderson and the Brothers Strause had some respect for continuity; anyone else they could get would, too.

Set the movie after Alien Resurrection, bam. Problem solved. You have your AvP 2 plot and you don't screw with continuity. It is literally that easy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed