AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 363,464 times)

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Here's what I'd like to see, from another thread...

I'd like to see a reboot taking place in the future, but change the Alien from the typical cannon-fodder to the more simplified "Alien". Instead of the typical horse-and-pony-show where the Predator seeds a planet with Xenos to hunt, have the existence of a Xenomorph be either a complete surprise to the Predator (maybe an undiscovered or lost strain), or such an amazingly rare occurrence that the Predator is immediately drawn to hunting it.

One thing Prometheus did do (or may have done), is allow the rules of the xenomorph to be a bit more fluid. So perhaps we could go back to egg-morphing or something similar. Rather than acting like the Cameron Aliens, we could have something more like the Scott Alien...strange, unknowable, other-worldly...

Imagine one or two Predators against one, solitary ultimate organism. The Preds could be hunting a group of humans for a good part of the movie before they realize the existence of the Alien, and begin to corral the humans to use as bait, while subsequently being hunted themselves.

Hell, maybe we could see an origin for that black goo...have it derived from the original idea for Alien, where there was a destroyed civilization, with massive pyramids of cyclopean blocks, and the Space Jockeys were warning ships away. The goo could have been derived from a catalyst in the egg-morphing process and corrupted by the Engineers (if they wanted to tie those two franchises together).

If we're going to do it, let's do it full-on. No Colorado towns or hidden temples in present-day Antarctica.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I liked your idea up until you mentioned the black goo. AvP has enough continuity issues without mixing up Prometheus into it.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 22, 2013, 02:36:47 AM
I liked your idea up until you mentioned the black goo. AvP has enough continuity issues without mixing up Prometheus into it.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that X-Files rip-off, but if they have to have it, at least they could think of some way to not screw it up.

I'm mainly more interested in the Alien being something so highly prized by the Predators that they would drop everything to hunt it, and usually get hunted themselves. Anything to move the Alien away from just another bug hunt.

It would also give us the opportunity to resolve the differences between the Scott and Cameron Aliens, and possibly reintroduce the egg-morphing. Maybe it's time for the Alien to have less rules as an organism?

irn

irn

The only way they can make an acceptable reboot of this dark stain on the franchises is to make it either an Alien film that has predators in it, or a Predator film that has aliens in it. Take the "versus" shit out. A Mortal Kombat round does not make a full blown story. The xenomorph bug hunt stuff really needs to be put to sleep too. Them being screeching space ants in Aliens was an interesting one off but the comics, video games and then AvP turds rehashed the idea to death. It's so boring. They really need to go back to being intelligent, creepy, psychosexual wierd monsters.

Deimos’s venator

Deimos’s venator

I think the Space Jockeys are the key, but this time as biomechanoids. Think about it, maybe the best option is establish a separate canon as in the Star Trek franchise.

blood.

blood.

I think there are two paths they can go down for an avp 3 movie.

1. Is just another isolated incident, an excuse to have aliens and predators fighting on the big screen, with a few humans stuck in the middle.

2. An actual development of complex storytelling, perhaps a way to better link the events of the existing avp films to the iconic films that the creatures originated from, maybe even showing some more backstory of the creatures, where they come from, how far back their interactions go, who that governement guy was at the end of avp R... anything comparable to keyes form P2? What the predator technology was used for... what happened to the alien queen etc.

Of course there can be elements from both but the core of the story would orientate towards one of them. Both can create good films if executed properly, but they would need to have someone behind the wheel who isn't a complete **** up like Paul Anderson or completely inexperienced fanboys like those brothers.

underbound

underbound

I wanted to see it based off of rebellions AVP2010 showing what went down before rookie,youngblood,and six.
have it change perspective throughout like halo:odst where you see things through a different poibt of view to catch up.
so thats my idea.

blood.

blood.

Just thought up a random idea then and thought I'd post it. Someone's probably already posted it in this thread lol but w/e I'm not reading the whole thing to check. So here it is.

How about a prequel?
Set near the peak of human & predator civilisation shown briefly in flashbacks in the first AVP. Most humans are slaves forced to build pyramids. There are a few rebels astray that refuse to be enslaved by predators, these guys are the main characters of the movie, and some humans that have proven their worth in combat who stand alongside the predators, these guys are the main bad guys. There would be a evil ruthless human warrior who acts as the emperor of the humans, stands alongside the predators and enforces the slavery, while the predators stand over most humans as gods, using them as breeding vessels for xenos and even hunting the stronger humans. The evil bad dude could have beaten a predator in combat and earned their respect.

There could be a gladiatorial arena, and the rebels get captured and forced to fight and survive in battle, fight through increasingly challenging tests. Maybe the leader of the rebels is forced to fight a xeno or two or three with primitive weapons and wins. He ends up escaping, earning his freedom or something similar, haven't thought how to work it into this idea yet.

The main evil human emperor wants to kill the predators and become the absolute ruler of earth, he uses xenos as an instrument to kill them, not realizing that he is going to wipe out his own species with it. The rebel humans try to stop him, but the bad guy succeeds and a massive xeno outbreak occurs. Perhaps the evil guy boards a predator ship and spreads the xenos throughout it. The rebel leader catches up with him to stop him. The predators capture them both for breaking into the ship and force them to fight each other to the death and the rebel leader wins but the aliens have already started to take over at this point, so the rebels escape the city, while the predators fight the xenos. The slaves/citizens blindly follow the predators loyally. Most humans are wiped out and xenos overtake everything. Three remaining elite predators try to call for an evacuation at the top of a pyramid, but their ride is overrun by xenos and crashes. In an epic last stand, the predators fight to the death with a tidal wave of aliens before their self destruct wipes out everything.

In the aftermath, the rebels who managed to escape the blast return to the ashes of the ruined city to start anew, as they do, another predator ship is hovering overhead, watching them, before it turns away and leaves the earth.

I just made this up off a sudden random thought in like 5 mins lol

thoughts?

Inspirations for the idea I just wrote:

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I really like that idea!

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I feel that AVP and AVPR are very much Predator films in spirit and in tone. For AVP 3 I want to see more of an Alien kind of movie as opposed to the more action based Predator kind of film.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I like the Prequel idea, but the only problem is we would be seeing something very similar to AvP which is a road I hope they never go down again....

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jun 29, 2013, 10:44:52 AM
Just thought up a random idea then and thought I'd post it. Someone's probably already posted it in this thread lol but w/e I'm not reading the whole thing to check. So here it is.

How about a prequel?
Set near the peak of human & predator civilisation shown briefly in flashbacks in the first AVP. Most humans are slaves forced to build pyramids. There are a few rebels astray that refuse to be enslaved by predators, these guys are the main characters of the movie, and some humans that have proven their worth in combat who stand alongside the predators, these guys are the main bad guys. There would be a evil ruthless human warrior who acts as the emperor of the humans, stands alongside the predators and enforces the slavery, while the predators stand over most humans as gods, using them as breeding vessels for xenos and even hunting the stronger humans. The evil bad dude could have beaten a predator in combat and earned their respect.

There could be a gladiatorial arena, and the rebels get captured and forced to fight and survive in battle, fight through increasingly challenging tests. Maybe the leader of the rebels is forced to fight a xeno or two or three with primitive weapons and wins. He ends up escaping, earning his freedom or something similar, haven't thought how to work it into this idea yet.

The main evil human emperor wants to kill the predators and become the absolute ruler of earth, he uses xenos as an instrument to kill them, not realizing that he is going to wipe out his own species with it. The rebel humans try to stop him, but the bad guy succeeds and a massive xeno outbreak occurs. Perhaps the evil guy boards a predator ship and spreads the xenos throughout it. The rebel leader catches up with him to stop him. The predators capture them both for breaking into the ship and force them to fight each other to the death and the rebel leader wins but the aliens have already started to take over at this point, so the rebels escape the city, while the predators fight the xenos. The slaves/citizens blindly follow the predators loyally. Most humans are wiped out and xenos overtake everything. Three remaining elite predators try to call for an evacuation at the top of a pyramid, but their ride is overrun by xenos and crashes. In an epic last stand, the predators fight to the death with a tidal wave of aliens before their self destruct wipes out everything.

In the aftermath, the rebels who managed to escape the blast return to the ashes of the ruined city to start anew, as they do, another predator ship is hovering overhead, watching them, before it turns away and leaves the earth.

thoughts?

http://matrix-online.net/bsfa/website/matrixonline/images/Matrix/Matrix%20188/10000_bc3.jpg

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/110/1103667/predators-20100702025701501.jpg

Aliens and Predators vs. spears and sticks. Sounds bland.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

That and the Space Jockeys who had more than spears and sticks attempted to control xenomorphs before.
Didn't go very well.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2013, 01:14:25 PM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jun 29, 2013, 10:44:52 AM

How about a prequel?

thoughts?

http://matrix-online.net/bsfa/website/matrixonline/images/Matrix/Matrix%20188/10000_bc3.jpg

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/110/1103667/predators-20100702025701501.jpg

Aliens and Predators vs. spears and sticks. Sounds bland.

well no, it's aliens vs predators with helpless cavemen in between...

and @monolith, the predators have been controlling aliens in the avp pyramid for millennia,

Terx2

Terx2

You do remember the pyramid getting over run by aliens and destroyed. The aliens can't be controlled. From the words of Ripley 8 "She'll breed. You'll die." if they really wanted to control the aliens they'd be best to control there numbers. Instead of having 100,000 aliens run rampant and think "Well **** where did we go wrong"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed