AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 363,470 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But...big-budget-Hollywood-summer-event-movie-blockbusters do squeeze out a profit and provide home video sales. Some of them are even done for relatively low budgets.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 25, 2013, 10:12:15 PM
But...big-budget-Hollywood-summer-event-movie-blockbusters do squeeze out a profit and provide home video sales. Some of them are even done for relatively low budgets.

You're not thinking about this like a business. Diminishing returns will usually result in diminishing budgets. Each film has gotten a smaller budget each time out the gate. Higher budget is a higher risk. If they make a 15 million direct-to-dvd release and have it air on Sci Fi, they can make back the money fairly easy. If they spend 60-70 million, go theatrical release, and it gets panned by critics and suffers from any number of other problems they get burned when they don't see the money back. Even if they see the returns eventually via DVD sales, it doesn't bode well for future projects to get a higher budget.  This is the trend we have seen with the films up to this point. The budgets have gotten smaller from their peaking point.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Just make it a generic AVP comic/video game story with some gung ho colonial marines on some jungle colony where they find a derelict Predator spaceship with eggs on it. They investigate the spaceship, where a a few of them get facehugged, and as the rest of the crew starts scavanging the ship while waiting for it to be towed back to base, the ship is accidentally activated and a distress signal is sent.

The humans deal with the newly found technology and their facehugged compadres, and of course there is an evil W-Y employee there to screw things up. Eventually the Alien infestation starts and shortly after that the Predators arrive to join the fun.

As a "twist" one of the Predators is extra arrogant and full of himself and brings total chaos - the Aliens get the upper hand. In the meantime the skeezy W-Y dude and a bunch of opportunistic marines get the great idea to use the chaos to their advantage to acquire some tasty ET technology and specimens to bring home etc. ...Unfortunately the last surviving Predator get in their way and kills all but the W-Y guy, who believes he is special and tries to communicate and bargain with the Predator (who earlier in the film duels and kills the arrogant douche Predator who screwed things up), all ending in a hilarious scene where the Predator snuffs the bastard right after he thinks ha has outsmarted and made a deal with the Predator. The Predator then heads to the Predator Clan Carrier ship, which uncloaks... All is well for mister sole survivor, but then, all of a sudden, he starts convulsing and a slimy little pred-alien chestburster spurts over the ship's controls. The Predator slumps over the control panels and the ship changes direction and crashes into the planet, killing every remaining human and alien on the battleground below in a gigantic blast. THE END

I know, pretty lame. But hey, it's AVP!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 26, 2013, 07:26:34 PM

That's hurtful man.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: GET TO THE CHOPPA! on Feb 26, 2013, 07:34:04 PM

That's hurtful man.

Not as hurtful as truthful though...  8)

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 26, 2013, 07:47:39 PM
Quote from: GET TO THE CHOPPA! on Feb 26, 2013, 07:34:04 PM

That's hurtful man.

Not as hurtful as truthful though...  8)

It is more of an opinion then fact.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Dusk on Jun 06, 2007, 08:29:16 PM
Definitely a future setting with Colonial Marines.

This.
The Marine aspect of the movie would have to be about surviving and escaping. I wouldn't want to see anything where the humans partner up with the predators, that's just stupid. If there's any interaction between humans and predators and its not fighting or being killed it should be that show of respect, simmilar to the elder and Harrigan at the end of Predator 2. No other interaction necessary

blood.

blood.

How about this for a movie concept...

Colonial Marines in some kind of space patrol type spaceship find a seemingly lifeless ship of unknown origins... they board it and there turns out to be aliens on board that have taken over. New action draws attention of predators that come along to hunt everything.

Insert plot complications and twists etc... Just something I thought up then

zasz

zasz

I'm kind of tired of the "surviving and escaping from the humans' perspective" formula. Don't we already have enough movies of that? IMO horror just isn't very sustainable.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Horror is what makes the AvP idea work. Alien at its core has always been about horror. Predator is more action-oriented but the first film has great suspenseful moments too.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 17, 2013, 09:39:42 PM
Horror is what makes the AvP idea work. Alien at its core has always been about horror. Predator is more action-oriented but the first film has great suspenseful moments too.

Predator does have a tad bit of horror. The best way of making it is combining the two. You need guns and weapons to kill the alien but if your armed he predator will consider you game worthy and attack you. But if your unarmed the predator will ignore you but makes you easy picking for the aliens. Kinda a double edged sword. Your doomed either way. This is what I'd like to see. Also the predator human team up can work just depending on how its done. Eg the predators bargaining with the humans to get something in return sparing them or something along those lines.

Quote from: zasz on Mar 17, 2013, 03:07:24 PM
I'm kind of tired of the "surviving and escaping from the humans' perspective" formula. Don't we already have enough movies of that? IMO horror just isn't very sustainable.

What about a last stand to reclaim they're territory? A moon base or spacestation. No escape possible.

Grid_Life

Grid_Life

They need to make an AvP with an alien as the "Wolf Predator" as in, there needs to be an alien that shows more intelligence and fighting skills than the others that can give the predators a hard time.  Kind of like the net head from AvP but more unique.  Also, the movie can't be shot in a place like a city or somewhere with a lot of people, it needs to be on an unknown planet or some sort of isolated base camp with only a handful of humans.  I think this setting can help bring a really interesting AvP movie.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Grid_Life on Mar 21, 2013, 12:39:11 AM
They need to make an AvP with an alien as the "Wolf Predator" as in, there needs to be an alien that shows more intelligence and fighting skills than the others that can give the predators a hard time.  Kind of like the net head from AvP but more unique.

I remember reading a while ago that the aliens had a collective consciousness which is why they co-ordinate their attacks so well... and makes it hard for there to be any unique aliens besides the queen... unless we have the alien ranks like predaliens and praetorians etc... actually I'd like to see a Praetorian in a film. Has it ever been confirmed or denied that aliens operate with a hive mind type deal?

Quote from: Grid_Life on Mar 21, 2013, 12:39:11 AMAlso, the movie can't be shot in a place like a city or somewhere with a lot of people, it needs to be on an unknown planet or some sort of isolated base camp with only a handful of humans.  I think this setting can help bring a really interesting AvP movie.

I'm working on a piece of fan fiction in my spare time as a hobby, It's pretty much that setting. :) I'll post it on this forum when it's completed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Terx2 on Mar 18, 2013, 05:41:20 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 17, 2013, 09:39:42 PM

Predator does have a tad bit of horror. The best way of making it is combining the two. You need guns and weapons to kill the alien but if your armed he predator will consider you game worthy and attack you. But if your unarmed the predator will ignore you but makes you easy picking for the aliens. Kinda a double edged sword. Your doomed either way. This is what I'd like to see. Also the predator human team up can work just depending on how its done. Eg the predators bargaining with the humans to get something in return sparing them or something along those lines.

The team up needs to be avoided entirely IMO. It doesn't make any sense to have the three sides warring if they're going to be fighting.

spinksy

spinksy

Simple idea

Take AvP and start again.

It has worked for spiderman, hulk, etc so it should be fine for AvP!

Bigger budget, better director, better script - done

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed