to all those who thought avp-r was good and warranted a sequel.

Started by marrerom, Sep 22, 2008, 05:15:18 AM

Author
to all those who thought avp-r was good and warranted a sequel. (Read 32,604 times)

War Wager

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 22, 2008, 09:01:13 PM
Why would Davis f**k up the Pred movies, he worked on them originally.

Just because Predator has 'a soft spot' in Davis heart doesn't mean he can't piss on it. The Predator movies are easier script wise because they aren't as serious as the Alien movies. I'm not saying they're not well written scripts because they are, but it's harder to write a serious script than one that's perhaps not so much.

Xenomrph

The point is, he worked on the prior movies, so hopefully he knows what worked for them, therefore he'd try to re-create what made them good.

Eidotemit

I would definitely love to see a Predator 3 (especially when given the choice against an AvP3). This is all speculative though, so it doesn't really raise my hopes of seeing one much.

Gates

"Well we'd have to come up with a really good script and a really great angle on it"

Counterfactual.

And only because Davis spewed it... ;)

Alienseseses

No new AVP scripts coming in?

Yay, less competition for me.

PHANTOM

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Sep 22, 2008, 11:31:37 AM
Hey FOX, here's an idea: sell the Alien and Predator franchises to WARNER BROS and surely they will attach a 100 mil + budget to each movie they'll make... Not to mention far more respect for the source material... I mean, 185 mil for Terminator Salvation...? Whoa...! Maybe that's too much...!  ;D :o :D

Fox, ya weasels!  ;D :D

f**kin A! I know for a fact that WARNER BROS would make sure that the AVP movie franchise gets the treatment it deserves. Joel Silver doesn't f**k around bro 8)

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 22, 2008, 09:10:00 PM
It's probably worth mentioning that Ridley Scott, John McTiernan, James Cameron, and David Fincher were "noobie" directors at the time, too. The only one who'd even done anything noteworthy before doing their respective movie was James Cameron. Paul WS Anderson had more directing credits under his belt before any of the above directors tried their hand at an Alien or Predator movie.

ACK, NO, NO LOGIC IS WELCOME HERE!!!!!!

TarheelPredator

I still think a AvP movie done properly with enough financial backing would be a lot more entertaining than a Pred 3.

If they do end up with a Pred 3, they'd better make it interesting like a bad blood pred going on a rampage and another pred being sent to hunt him down.

I just don't want to see an old Dutch or Danny Glover character fighting a pred. The whole intrique behind an AvP movie was that the two creatures could really test the boundries of the other (unfortunatley that didn't happen in either movie).

SM

QuoteThe only one who'd even done anything noteworthy before doing their respective movie was James Cameron

Because Delicatessen and City Of Lost Children were both duds and had nothing to do with JPJ getting the Resurrection gig...

Scree

I'm still hoping for AVP3 somewhere in the future.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm baffled by people's excitement over this news. This isn't a competent filmmaker telling us, "'Hey guys, we wanna make a third Predator movie." This is John Davis. The John Davis who thought Anderson's script was the best of all the potentials. The guy who made us all roll our eyes with the Requiem commentary. This is the guy with a huge say in a possible Predator 3. Stop getting hyped and start getting scared.

SM

QuoteI'm baffled by people's excitement over this news.

Seems like a pretty decent chance the Alien is going to stop getting f**ked up the arse by talentless incompetents.

What's not to get excited about?

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 22, 2008, 11:57:03 PM
I'm baffled by people's excitement over this news. This isn't a competent filmmaker telling us, "'Hey guys, we wanna make a third Predator movie." This is John Davis. The John Davis who thought Anderson's script was the best of all the potentials. The guy who made us all roll our eyes with the Requiem commentary. This is the guy with a huge say in a possible Predator 3. Stop getting hyped and start getting scared.

I'm more baffled by the fact that people seem to think what he said means AvP is dead. He said he thinks the franchise is done; not definitely done. Slight difference.

SM

Not really.   He's running it at the moment and he's clearly not interested in doing any more.  Of course it's not dead - no franchise ever is - but the chances of AvP3 being made any time soon are currently dead.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Be that as it may, I wouldn't dismiss it completely b/c it's an easy cash-grab for Fox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed