to all those who thought avp-r was good and warranted a sequel.

Started by marrerom, Sep 22, 2008, 05:15:18 AM

Author
to all those who thought avp-r was good and warranted a sequel. (Read 32,618 times)

Xenomrph

avpmad!

if they make another predator make another alien

Le Celticant

Yes finally they choose the reason instead of the commercial money.
Give a up to john Davis which is doign for the first time since years something intelligent.
No More retarded avp movie.
God saved the fan  8)

shakermakerman

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 22, 2008, 05:15:18 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13695

what do you say now?

Guess im not allowed to like these movies then, John Lennon speaks...

DoomRulz

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 22, 2008, 05:15:18 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13695

what do you say now?

What do I say? Well, since Davis said "I think we've done what we can" I gather another one could be made.

War Wager

It's good they're interested in returning to Predator, it's about time. Fox seem to be all about cheese these days so they should be able to find a good 'ol cheesy script.

Johnny Handsome

War Wager

Salerno should find a new career choice for his own sake.

stroggificated

It seems the chances for the predator franchise and the alien franchise are getting better and better.  :)
Let AVP rest forever. FOX isn't capable of making a good avp film.

War Wager

What makes you think that? Theres been more speculation for AvP3 than for both Predator III and Alien V. The Bros even said they were 'in talks with Fox'. Hopefully Fox have got their heads out their asses and are focussing on the real problem here - the script.

DoomRulz

The script is only one part of the problem.

Xenomrph

The script was certainly the biggest problem. Sure there were directorial problems, but they weren't nearly as major as the script. I felt the characters and action were certainly watchable and I had no problems figuring out what was going on and why. I wouldn't mind the Strauss brothers coming back for AvP3 if the script was a drastic improvement over the first two.

PHANTOM

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 22, 2008, 08:19:36 PM
Hopefully Fox have got their heads out their asses and are focussing on the real problem here - the script.

Fox was suppose to get their heads out of their asses the moment they turned down James Cameron script to direct Alien 5.

All we got in the end was a PG-13 AVP film and ultra shitty AVP-R sequel that failed on almost all levels. Bad script, noobie directors and a visually annoying, shitty looking, VHS quality movie that makes my eyes tear :'(

f**k you Tom Rothman and John Davis! Screwing up the AVP films wasn't enough?! Pissing off all the fans wasn't enough?! Now your gonna f**k up the next Predator film?

DoomRulz

Why would Davis f**k up the Pred movies, he worked on them originally.

Xenomrph

Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 22, 2008, 08:48:25 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Sep 22, 2008, 08:19:36 PM
Bad script, noobie directors and a visually annoying, shitty looking, VHS quality movie that makes my eyes tear :'(
It's probably worth mentioning that Ridley Scott, John McTiernan, James Cameron, and David Fincher were "noobie" directors at the time, too. The only one who'd even done anything noteworthy before doing their respective movie was James Cameron. Paul WS Anderson had more directing credits under his belt before any of the above directors tried their hand at an Alien or Predator movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed