Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,531 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Speaking of cliched...

Oh yeah, forgot about Lance :P

SM

Not that.  Just Lucy Liu seems to be the go to Chinese actress in Hollywood.  Unlees you're skint and you go with Devon Aoki instead (Chinese/ Japanese - all the same anyway....)

bleau

Li Gong, But I don't see her in that type of role. Maggie Q I think would be a good choice.

SM

Though Li Gong has been a few US flicks I wouldn't really describe her as 'Hollywood'.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2010, 11:03:39 PM
Not that.  Just Lucy Liu seems to be the go to Chinese actress in Hollywood.  Unlees you're skint and you go with Devon Aoki instead (Chinese/ Japanese - all the same anyway....)

Has she done anything major lately? Last movie I remember she did that was big time was Shanghai Noon :P

SM

Kill Bill.

Mainly voice and TV work since.

DragonBossk

I would want David Twohy if we couldn't have any of the big directors.

But if it had to be between the two then Paul W.S Anderson, at least his ideas have scope (Event Horizon for instance). The Strause Brothers are just sci-fi fanboys who don't care about quality, as proved in Skyline.

The Mercenary

Wonder if James Cameron fancies doing it? if not i'd look to a young film maker who'd made some interesting character driven action/drama films. What we really need is a young John Carpenter.

SM

Cambo's going to be tied up for a while with Avatars and Avatar3.

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Mercenary on Nov 22, 2010, 12:12:38 AM
Wonder if James Cameron fancies doing it? if not i'd look to a young film maker who'd made some interesting character driven action/drama films. What we really need is a young John Carpenter.

Why would Cameron bother? He isn't even big on Alien 3, nevermind AvP.

echobbase79

Is Fox even interested in making AvP films anymore? I don't think they are. I thought that's why they separated them again?

Dusk

I think we need someone that isn't a fan of either species and just wants to make a good Sci-fi Movie. I think we need less focus on the Versus part of AvP. I don't mean there should be barely any fights, but it definitely shouldn't be a mediocre movie with a weakass story, with the only highlight being some decent fight sequences.

SM

How are you going to find any film maker that doesn't have some at least passing admiration for Alien?

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 22, 2010, 03:19:53 AM
Is Fox even interested in making AvP films anymore? I don't think they are. I thought that's why they separated them again?

Not sure if that is the reason, but yes they're not considering any more AvPs at present.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2010, 03:22:48 AM
How are you going to find any film maker that doesn't have some at least passing admiration for Alien?

I think he meant the creature specifically, not just the overall film.

SM

I always got impression Anderson was into the overall film rather than the monster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed