Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78%)
The Strause Brothers
41 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 71,543 times)

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 05, 2010, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2010, 05:43:04 AM
Last time I checked, in every quantifiable sense - inflation adjusted box office, IMDB ratings, RT ratings - Resurrection is a better film.

I can't argue with this. But, as I've said countless times before, I prefer the AvP movies to Resurrection because as bad as they are, they wanted to do something different. Resurrection just kind of came outta nowhere with a really, really random storyline and new Alien design.

Um...?

Name the last movie you watched original enough (and f**ked up enough) to include a human reproductive system in something as grotesque and horrifying as an alien, only to have something even more abominable and grotesque to pop out of the alien's *******. Really. I know the Newborn was an abomination, but that is what it was meant to be. And I like f**ked up twisted movies, Resurrection was just that. -Shrug-

DoomRulz

Quote from: Commander Shepard on Jul 05, 2010, 03:24:05 PM

Name the last movie you watched original enough (and f**ked up enough) to include a human reproductive system in something as grotesque and horrifying as an alien, only to have something even more abominable and grotesque to pop out of the alien's *******.

Is that supposed to make me appreciate the film in any way? That thing was supposed to be abomination and everyone keeps telling me that which is mine but it only made me dislike the film that much more.

Xenoscream

Anderson.

He did Event Horizon... He could pull off a space based AvP.

AvP1 was not that far off from being a good movie - if he learned from his mistakes, got a bigger budget and more freedom... then maybe he could pull it off.

DoomRulz

You could say the exact same thing about the Brothers. And they didn't need a bigger budget, they just need better money management.

SpaceMarines

The Brothers did Event Horizon? :P

DoomRulz

Wise guy, you know what I meant.

SM

QuoteYou could say the exact same thing about the Brothers.

No you couldn't because they have no track record on anything other than visual effects.

QuoteI prefer the AvP movies to Resurrection because as bad as they are, they wanted to do something different.

And, of course, Resurrection didn't...

Lar'ja Thwei

It's not like, Resurrection was 200 years in the future, with a clone of Ripley mixed with alien DNA. Had Aliens swimming, and killing underwater. Had a new Alien that the Queen GAVE BIRTH TO, which KILLS HER. Had a ship with several aliens which CRASHES INTO PLANET EARTH.. And Ripley finally makes it back to earth. OR ANYTHING. Bah! We've seen that in every movie..ships crashin into earth, Ripley having super-human strength + acid blood.. New white human-like aliens birthed from the queen that think a human is their mother..

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 12:02:10 AM
And, of course, Resurrection didn't...

Ok fine, it did...but it was too different for me I guess.

SM

Too different, not different enough.... Sheesh....

Mr. Self Destruct

I like different, I liked Resurrection. I liked AvP.

What is AvPR? I have not heard of such a thing...? Fan film...? Book...?

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: Commander Shepard on Jul 06, 2010, 03:18:45 AM

Thats the spirit!

DoomRulz

It's a feature film.

SM

AKA AvP2

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 06, 2010, 03:45:30 AM

It's a feature film.

AvPR? Feature film?

Doesn't ring a bell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed