Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78%)
The Strause Brothers
41 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 71,517 times)

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: SiL on Jul 04, 2010, 06:51:45 AM
I read all the posts.

Still have no idea why he'd want the two together.
Like i said earlier. They both have different ideas and styles. Theres a reason he could want them together.

SiL

But one of a director's job is to have a cohesive style throughout the film. You don't get anything by slapping people with two wholly different styles in the director's chair but an inconsistent mess or a compromise that results in just one style anyway.

Lar'ja Thwei

It doesn't have to be one style throughout the whole thing..and it doesn't have to be a mess. You can't know for sure what the result would be, before it happens. Even if there was one style, it could be really awesome if both of their ideas were blended together in a very unique way.

SM

Something worse than both AvPs would certainly be unique.

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2010, 05:23:44 AM
You give Ressurection too much credit  ;)

SM

You give your attempt at humour too much credit  ;)

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2010, 05:23:44 AM
I'm sure it would.

PredalienXenomorph

Whatever, it's true.

SiL

Alien Resurrection isn't worse than the AvP movies.

PredalienXenomorph

Your entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

SM

Last time I checked, in every quantifiable sense - inflation adjusted box office, IMDB ratings, RT ratings - Resurrection is a better film.

Deco

Neither - both a terrible directors and really dont deserve to be given all that money to make the crap they produce... Thats like saying, lets get M NIGHT SHITMALAN to direct AVP 3

OpenMaw

Quote from: Deco on Jul 05, 2010, 10:26:12 AM
Neither - both a terrible directors and really dont deserve to be given all that money to make the crap they produce... Thats like saying, lets get M NIGHT SHITMALAN to direct AVP 3

I agree with the stuff this poster said.  :D

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2010, 05:43:04 AM
Last time I checked, in every quantifiable sense - inflation adjusted box office, IMDB ratings, RT ratings - Resurrection is a better film.

I can't argue with this. But, as I've said countless times before, I prefer the AvP movies to Resurrection because as bad as they are, they wanted to do something different. Resurrection just kind of came outta nowhere with a really, really random storyline and new Alien design.

Lar'ja Thwei

I don't mind resurrection, when i think of the story to myself it sounds amazing, but for some reason the movie wasn't THAT great. I still liked it though, better than both AvP's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed