Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78%)
The Strause Brothers
41 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 71,576 times)

darkbladepred

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Aug 30, 2008, 03:39:31 AM
Well, the people who like the AvP/Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

Oh, really? *coughstuckupalienfanboysayswhatcough*

B-Rad G

My friend was right about him, just another Alien fanboy and thinks Aliens is the best movie ever in the history of the world.

DoomRulz

Quote from: XenoVC on Sep 01, 2008, 01:58:40 AM
Well, the people who like the AvP/Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

Someones a little full of themselves.......

And that surprises you why, exactly?

B-Rad G

He acts like Predator is some monster B movie flick.

Predboy

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2008, 01:13:23 AM
Quote from: XenoVC on Sep 01, 2008, 01:58:40 AM

Someones a little full of themselves.......

And that surprises you why, exactly?

I dont think he's surprised, just pointing out whos full of shit, which in this case happens to be a certain someone with a certain comment that screams out Alien Fanboy.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Well, compare "Alien" and "Predator" and you have two VERY different movies. Yes, both of them have aliens/extra terrestrials in them, but that's about it.

"Predator" is a basic action movie with big muscular men with big guns kicking drug dealing/guerrilla soldier ass in the jungle, just to end up getting their own muscular asses kicked by one single alien that is even more strapping and packing then them. This is a great premise for a movie (hunter (=drug dealers/criminals) gets hunted by a bigger and stronger hunter (=US elite soldiers) who gets hunted by an even bigger and stronger hunter (=the predator)... and so on and so forth). Even so, the movie is executed like an ordinary action movie -- one-liners, macho bullshit, orgies in guns & guts etc.

"Alien" is a basic sci-fi space movie with a hapless Average Al spaceship crew without any guns (ok, they have a few cattle prods and homemade flamethrowers) finding an alien derelict from where they bring back a nightmarish creature that stalks and kills everyone on board. The plot of "Alien" is actually more basic and B-movie-like than the one of "Predator", at least in my eyes, but the way they made the movie turned "Alien" into something way bigger than yet another sci-fi monster movie. It has great characters with great dialog performed by top-class actors (Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Sigorney Weaver, Tom Skeritt, Yaphet Kotto etc.); "Alien" is character-driven - it's all about psychology, terror, behavior and the human psyche. The "Alien" itself is not designed to be cool just for the sake of being cool (which I believe is the case when it comes to the Predator - and the Predator is indeed flawlessly cool and bad-ass beyond comparison *not sarcastic*) -- the alien is art. H.R. Giger, the surrealist artist, created the creature from the basis of his artwork and the theories surrounding Surrealism (such as idea about the unconscious presented by Freud, or the ideas about the Shadow presented by Jung), hence making the Alien creature into something that dwells beyond regular 'coolness' and conventional monster design.

They're both awesome and great in their own way. I mean, "Alien" is a worthless action movie just as "Predator" is a worthless sci-fi film (with the term "sci-fi film" (and not "sci-fi movie") I refer to classic films such as "2001", "Solaris" (the original), "THX" etc.). What I'm trying to say is that if I want to be entertained, as well as gorge in raw sweaty coolness, I'd rather watch "Predator" than "Alien"... And if I want to enjoy great film making, claustrophobic darkness as well as analyzing things, I'd pick "Alien" over "Predator" any time any day. When I crave steak I want a bloody steak and not sushi, and when I want sushi I want fresh delicious sushi and not steak.

"Predator" is a great sci-fi action MOVIE.
"Alien" is a great sci-fi horror FILM.
...In the end they're both great at what they're doing.

darkbladepred

There are definately parts of your post I dissagree with, but this part:

Quote"Predator" is a great sci-fi action MOVIE.

Is absolutely true.

Le Celticant

Quote"Predator" is a great sci-fi action MOVIE.

AvP:Requiem is a dustbin for dirt
It's great at what he's doing  :D by taking all hommage and making a melting pot of shit  ::)

-Cheers.

Master

On topic: I think that Paul Anderson should be tha one from two options to create next AvP cause his film was much better.

Jango1201

^^

How about none of them they both suck...

Predboy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 03, 2008, 04:34:21 PM

So, Alien isn't a movie......then what is it? Aren't films motion pictures, and isn't that what movies are? I dont get what you're trying to say honestly.

DoomRulz

I've heard this before. It basically means "film" is something of class. "Movie" is something low-brow relatively speaking.

Le Celticant

Film <=> Movie
Just two different way to name a motion picture.

Forbidden252

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Predboy on Sep 07, 2008, 02:32:04 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 03, 2008, 04:34:21 PM

So, Alien isn't a movie......then what is it? Aren't films motion pictures, and isn't that what movies are? I dont get what you're trying to say honestly.

Like Doomrulz said: "I've heard this before. It basically means "film" is something of class. "Movie" is something low-brow relatively speaking." but without the condescending valuating part implied by Doomrulz when he talks about "class" and "low-brow".

I watch just as much 'film' as I watch 'movies' (most of the time there are no distinction between them two), so it would be kind of hypocritical of me if I would deem movies/'entertainment' as illiterate shit for dense-minded troglodytes. Just because one love to eat truffles and escargot it doesn't mean that one can be a burger lover as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed