Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78%)
The Strause Brothers
41 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 71,482 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Le Celticant on Aug 31, 2008, 12:25:54 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 31, 2008, 12:24:22 PM
QuoteYou have a so low opinion about Alien movies Johnny that make me laugh everytime you're saying bullshit about them
I love them, otherwise i wouldnt have bought them on dvd (Yes, i actually dont buy movies i dont like)

So the only thing laughable is your reproof. But hey i didnt expect another reply in the first place  :D

Be carefull, french people are surprising  ;D you know frenchpred aswell.

anyway if we have to talk about the complexity of predator story:

Predator: Dutch and his team go in the jungle to liberate hostage and ecounter a predator

Predator 2: Mike Harrigan track and hunt dealer in Los Angeles and finish by discovering a new ennemy who Kill cop and dealer  ::)
Yes, and i never said otherwise, i said they are both simple storys.
I just dont understand people pretending that the story of the alien movies are masterminded when they are just as simple.

So your arguments are totally out of place.

DoomRulz

Alien wasn't a masterpiece in terms of story I don't think. The reason it's so revered is b/c it scared people senseless when it came out, it introduced people to what is arguably the most iconic movie monster of all time, it spawned a magnificent sequel (to hell with A3 and A:R), and the film has a lot of underlying sexual themes to it that are fun to analyse.

Kriszilla

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 31, 2008, 12:32:12 PM
[Yes, and i never said otherwise, i said they are both simple storys.
I just dont understand people pretending that the story of the alien movies are masterminded when they are just as simple.

So your arguments are totally out of place.

Actually, you said Predator films had more complex stories.

Quotebut as a whole, Predators story is the more complex one.

They didn't.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteActually, you said Predator films had more complex stories.
No, i said that Predator has the more complex story compared to Alien, i just meant the original 2 movies, which are Alien and Predator.
Read more clealy please.

Kriszilla

QuoteAs for the story thing you´ve mentioned, and that alien fans prefer a good story blablabla, take a look at Predators story and the Alien one, their both simple, but as a whole, Predators story is the more complex one.

Well, that's what you said. The English isn't particularly great, but I can accept that it's not your first language, and it's not like I'd be able to speak german or any other language very well. Because of the incorrect language in some places, its hard to tell what you mean exactly. The correct version of the above quote would be thus:

QuoteAs for the story thing you´ve mentioned, and that Alien fans prefer a good story blahblahblah, take a look at Predator's story and then Alien's one, they're both simple, but as a whole, Predator's story is the more complex one.

So, I got confused by your grammar pretty much. ofc that's not to say your English is terrible, plenty of people to whom English is a first language type it worse than you, but its easy to be confused sometimes.

Johnny Handsome

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 31, 2008, 03:12:32 PM
Alien wasn't a masterpiece in terms of story I don't think. The reason it's so revered is b/c it scared people senseless when it came out, it introduced people to what is arguably the most iconic movie monster of all time, it spawned a magnificent sequel (to hell with A3 and A:R), and the film has a lot of underlying sexual themes to it that are fun to analyse.

well, a few things that have amazed people about Alien is that it can be seen as an art film with some incredible arty visuals such as the design of the ship interiors, a monster designed by a very interesting surrealist artist and a lot to discuss in terms of what is going on in the movie, such as the connection between the company, the android, the alien, it's life cycle, and the history of the remains of a giant dead alien pilot in derelict ship. I think that these elements are presented in such a way which hint at the possibility of a complicated masterpiece of a story still to be worked out. The script itself is interesting too because one can recognise connections and traces of of numerous other science fiction films , stories and mythologies quite cleverly woven together and a couple of connections with Joseph Conrad novels. The movie offers a giant jigsaw puzzle still to be put together. Still, I suppose a lot of people completely missed out on these other aspects of the movie, even if it never had a sequel, I'd still be fascinated by it and willing to endlessly discuss it.

DoomRulz

Hm, the art is definitely noteworthy. I wonder how long it took Giger to come up with the derelict's interior design.

SiL

A few days.

But then they scrapped his designs because they didn't have the money.

And Johnny, how is Predator's story more complex? They're about the same.

SM

It's not more complex at all.  Quel suprise.

Alien is a haunted house with a lone monster stalking people.  It's been done a zillion times - though never quite as effectively as Alien.  A wonderfully designed enviroment was made for a wonderfully designed creature to do it's business.

Predator is The Most Dangerous Game, except there's an ET hunter rather than human.  What made it stand out was the creature.

Both stories are pretty basic at their core, but the dressing and attention to detail makes them great representations of that basic story.

B-Rad G

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Aug 30, 2008, 03:39:31 AM
Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

How is Predator cheesy? Predator had great characters and there remembe characters (Like you will remember them years from now like Aliens and Full Metal Jacket had). Predator had a great and simple story just like Alien did.

Sorry but you failed.

XenoVC

Well, the people who like the AvP/Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

Someones a little full of themselves.......

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

YOu guys all need you're heads checked..
neither of them

but if that was it then the ladder

At least they had some decent gore ..
:-\ ???  this conversation should be shut down on a idiot factor of 9.98

seriously how can anyone argue about why paul f**kin anderson should get a second chance to make another shitty movie that would be more then better off in some other guys better hands

Im gonna ignore this because we and this post have no real say in the issue (THANK GOD)

and if we did it should be for a brand new writer (writers) and director

someone who really wants to make a mark and surprise and or shock or piss off people or make them happy

i hope avp will be like the first bat man movies.. they got worse until someone had the brains and balls to do them right..

Aliens Vs Predator 2010 or 2012   make me wish i had never wasted time getting pissed at the first 2

B-Rad G

Quote from: XenoVC on Sep 01, 2008, 01:58:40 AM
Well, the people who like the AvP/Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

From the look of his post, he is a Alien fanboy and thinks that if a poll on the internet or he does not not like the movie then everyone hates it.

Typical alien fanboy as always  ::).

Predboy

Quote from: XenoVC on Sep 01, 2008, 01:58:40 AM

:D

Clearly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed