New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,246 times)

Puks

Puks

QuoteI like long walks on the beach and romantic candle-lit dinners. Oh, and headshots.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!  :)

Purebreedalien

Welcome, Casual Gamer :)

Leumas

Leumas

Hi

After having post a "hell of a first post" like Moderator Aeus said  ;) I am introducing myself.
My name is Samuel Faict, and I am a moviemaker from Belgium. For now I made only shorts who can be "categorized" (even if I don't like that word) artistic, but never the less I can enjoy classic movies to. I really like the work of Ridley Scott, James Cameron and George A. Romero but also like work from David Lynch, Andrei tarkovski, Alexandre Sokurov, Akira Kurosawa...

For me a good movie is a well established concept where every frame or squared cm(inch) refers to that concept: In the way it is written, in the choice of actors, in the way it is shot and lighten, in the use of music or soundscapes... and undertakes a step on unknown territory in the way it is told.

The artist is literaly the servant of its artwork and should bare that in mind all the time. Ego, who is the worst enemy of art, may never come first.

For people who are interested in work I made you can check some shorts here: www.youtube.com/fapsamup

Greetings to you all and long live good movies!

Samuel Faict

Master Chief

Welcome aboard recruit Leumas, have fun.

keylight-di

Hi Leumas! I like your first post very much.   ;D So - Hello!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I know a good member when I see one, and Leumas, I'd like to personally welcome you to our board :)

SpaceMarines

Quote from: CasualGamer on Nov 16, 2009, 08:16:42 AM
Hello. I am CasualGamer. I had an old account but accidentally locked myself out of it so I'm here again. I hope I don't get banned for dual-accounts. Probably not though since the other one will never post in this town again!

I like long walks on the beach and romantic candle-lit dinners. Oh, and headshots.

Welcome! I enjoy headshots as well.

Quote from: Leumas on Nov 16, 2009, 10:18:13 PM
Hi

After having post a "hell of a first post" like Moderator Aeus said  ;) I am introducing myself.
My name is Samuel Faict, and I am a moviemaker from Belgium. For now I made only shorts who can be "categorized" (even if I don't like that word) artistic, but never the less I can enjoy classic movies to. I really like the work of Ridley Scott, James Cameron and George A. Romero but also like work from David Lynch, Andrei tarkovski, Alexandre Sokurov, Akira Kurosawa...

For me a good movie is a well established concept where every frame or squared cm(inch) refers to that concept: In the way it is written, in the choice of actors, in the way it is shot and lighten, in the use of music or soundscapes... and undertakes a step on unknown territory in the way it is told.

The artist is literaly the servant of its artwork and should bare that in mind all the time. Ego, who is the worst enemy of art, may never come first.

For people who are interested in work I made you can check some shorts here: www.youtube.com/fapsamup

Greetings to you all and long live good movies!

Samuel Faict

I can already tell that if we met in person, we would get along just fine. And that really was one hell of a first post. Welcome!

Leumas

Leumas

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Cheers

Samuel

Purebreedalien

Welcome to AvPGalaxy, Leumas. :)

visagepoissons

Hi, I'm visagepoissons. If anyone cares to find out that's a crappy translation of fish-face (or face-fish). :p

I've been obsessed with the Alien movies since about the age of six when I saw a model of the alien in a glass box in mcdonalds. Took me a few years to actually see the movie (although, coincidently, it was actually on tv that very night. I wasn't allowed to watch it though.) and then a few years to get over the fright. XD

Anyway, I'm a pretty dedicated alien fan by normal standards, though I have no doubt many here will put me to shame, and I love the predators too.

Hated the movies, LOVED the games, and I'm losing sleep in excitment over the new game. :p

So yeah, hi, hope to see you around here.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Welcome to the forum :) It's good to see some fresh faces here!

Master Chief

Welcome aboard recruit visagepoissons, have fun in the Alien section.  ;)

SpaceMarines

Welcome to the board, son. Oh, and I believe that it would be visage des poissons. Yeah, that's right; I have a basic grasp of French. Bet none of would have guessed.

visagepoissons

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 19, 2009, 04:43:21 AM
Welcome to the board, son. Oh, and I believe that it would be visage des poissons. Yeah, that's right; I have a basic grasp of French. Bet none of would have guessed.
Ah, but I did say crappy translation, did I not? :P I used a translator for the name. In fact, it actually came up as visage des poissons (At least I'm pretty sure it did, was a while ago) I just shortened it a bit and joined it together to make it more namey. :p

Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

Purebreedalien

Visagepoissons, as long as the fish which makes up your face isn't smoked haddock, I won't eat you ;D

Welcome to the Galaxy. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed