New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,328,886 times)

Spiderman

Greetings my fellow fans. My display name is Johann Krauss. As you can imagine I am a big fan of the HellBoy lore, but rest assured that I am an even bigger fan of the Alien and Predator franchises, though I cannot say the same for the AVP franchise on the other hand.

Friendly Wise

Sup, the name's Alpha Primus and I'm a 23 year old American living in Florida who's working and going to school. Been a big fan of the Alien franchise since I was a kid and I'm kinda fond of the Predator movies, just really a big science-ficition fan in general. My opinions of the AvP movies are quite mild. I thought they were entertaining and something a person can sit down and chill out too, but nothing that will define them as memorable. Besides that, I enjoy reading, writing, music, cars, video games, girls, drinking, etc...etc....blah....blah.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds like you'll fit right in. Welcome! :)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Don't worry, you don't have to lie to fit in with us... I know it was AvP that got you into these stuff.... ;)

Anyways, welcome to our worldwide alien family! ;D

Spiderman

No, my friend you are incorrect. It wasn't AVP that got me into anything. I've been a Predator fan, ever since I was twenty, which was back in 1988 and an Alien fan since I first saw the first Alien film which was in 1980, when I was twelve years old. AVP never really appealed to me, but I must admit, I do believe, as an audience, the first AVP film to be a good film. It is just not my type. It is just too "kid-friendly" for me as a fan.

War Wager

I like you already. ^

Can you tell us what you thought of the latest installment? :)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Johann Krauss on Mar 09, 2009, 07:11:29 PM
No, my friend you are incorrect........

Don't worry about Deadmeat mate, he's still hurtin' because he got flamed for the same thing (see page 124 of this thread), and because you're new, he's trying to pass it off on you   ;D

Welcome to the site   :)

Spiderman

Spiderman

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 09, 2009, 07:15:27 PM
I like you already. ^

Ah, that is a very good question. If there is a place where I can review this film in more detail and depth, please note.

I know a lot of people, fans say that it is a "fun popcorn flick" that has its moments, but for me it is not. For me, a forty year old fan nearing the age of forty one, it is the worst. I don't see the fun side to it. I know the Predator films have always been that way, but the original Alien fans haven't and never will. They were always about suspense and scares. What I really liked about the originals is how they managed to make me jump out of my seat, yet there was little to no blood or gore used, just plain old pacing and suspense. They were work of arts. This film had absolutely no suspense or scares and it seemed like a fanboy film with amazing visual effects. I respect it for its faithfulness to the designs of the creatures, heck I think it beats the first AVP film in that category, but I just think it sent the two amazing titular characters down the grate in the way it was executed and for me as a fan, it is the worst film in the entire franchise. As an audience, alright, it is a "fun popcorn flick", but I just can never ever see it in way that at all. 

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 09, 2009, 07:16:37 PM
Quote from: Johann Krauss on Mar 09, 2009, 07:11:29 PM
No, my friend you are incorrect........

Don't worry about Deadmeat mate, he's still hurtin' because he got flamed for the same thing (see page 124 of this thread), and because you're new, he's trying to pass it off on you   ;D

Welcome to the site   :)

Oh, I see. Well it was nice meeting you deadmeat, War Wager and Vulhala.

Darwinsgirl

Welcome Alpha & Johann! :)

Glad you joined....better to volunteer than get drafted ;)

AVPGalaxy has a chat rm at  http://avpgalaxy.chatango.com/

If your up for a chat...stop by ;D (it needs new blood...well any blood actually since most times its empty :D

cheers!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johann Krauss on Mar 09, 2009, 05:49:21 PM
Greetings my fellow fans. My display name is Johann Krauss. As you can tell, I'm a fan of the HellBoy lore, but rest assured that I am an even bigger of the Alien and Predator franchises. I cannot say the same for the AVP franchise on the other hand...

Welcome to the Dog House ;)

Spiderman

Spiderman

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 09, 2009, 07:15:27 PM
I like you already. ^

Ah, that is a very good question my friend and apologies that I did not answer your question before hand. It is just I have been very busy, so apologies for keeping you waiting.

Most people, fans say that it is a "fun popcorn B-movie", that provides good entertainment despite its flaws. However for me, I just don't see the fun side to it. It is just not how any Alien film is supposed to be. Sure, the Predator films had always been that way, but the Alien films never did and never will. They were always something different other than fun and cheesy. I just hated the way the film pitched the icons and sadly, I guess is what the future holds for these franchises. I know I said that the first AVP film was "kid-friendly," but even that film, despite its lack of gore and violence and simple plotline, seemed more mature than this feature. This film seemed like it had been made by 10 year old fanboy who just got lucky. What irritated me the most was the way the filmmakers overplayed the gore in this film. Death after death after death. This repetition made the film lose a whole lot of emotional impact. I mean if you look at the first two Alien films and the first Predator film, very few characters got killed, but it had an emotional impact and it made you feel sorry for the characters. Many people say that gore does not make a film and I strongly agree. Look at the the first two Alien films and even the first Predator film. Those films had little gore, but they still could make my skin crawl and made me jump out of my seat at times. It is just sad to see the way these two beloved icons get treated this way, and for a fan like me who's been with the franchises since the beginning, it makes weep. Whatever has happened to these two franchises, I often wonder.

On a side note it was nice meeting you deadmeat, War Wager, Vulhala, Darwinsgirl and DoomRulz.

Lawman

Lawman

A new member has just joined the hive... I go by the nick Lawman in pretty much all the online communities I've ever joined.

I'm from Singapore, single and just love video gaming, role-playing, drawing, watching anime, watching movies and reading comics and manga.

This looks like a cool site for the Alien/Predator fan in me... nice to meet you all.

Vulhala

Vulhala

^^^^^^
Welcome to the site mate. And good luck with the single thing lol............. ;D

Master Chief

Welcome Aboard, Recruit Lawman.  My girlfriend and I like role-playing too! ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Lawman on Mar 12, 2009, 03:38:33 PM
A new member has just joined the hive... I go by the nick Lawman in pretty much all the online communities I've ever joined.

I'm from Singapore, single and just love video gaming, role-playing, drawing, watching anime, watching movies and reading comics and manga.

This looks like a cool site for the Alien/Predator fan in me... nice to meet you all.

Welcome, welcome :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed