New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,328,887 times)

Pereira

Pereira

Pereira signing on! Born in 82, artist, photographer, musician, nerd.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the gang, Pereira and Jagged!

Psychonaut123

Hi I'm Psychonaut123, I'm just a huge Alien and sci-fi fan who is severely disappointed with the recent attempts to erase the mystery of Giger's incredible organism.

Anthony

Anthony

Welcome aboard Psycho.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Psychonaut123 on Jan 02, 2018, 02:54:41 AM
Hi I'm Psychonaut123, I'm just a huge Alien and sci-fi fan who is severely disappointed with the recent attempts to erase the mystery of Giger's incredible organism.

Right there with ya Psychonaut123, welcome to the forum!

farsightblogger

Hi - I'm Jonathan Hicks, I'm 46 years old and I got into Alien at the early age of 11. I've followed the series avidly, through the movies and comics to the books, and have varying opinions on all of them!

I'm a huge fan of the original Alien film - it's my favourite movie of all time - and I love the Predator movies, but I've never really been on board with the whole AvP universe. I enjoyed the Dark Horse comic from the early 1990s but never really saw it as anything but a bit of fun.

I'm a hobby writer, and I designed and wrote the dialogue for a mobile computer game of the rebooted Battlestar Galactica, and I conceived and co-wrote an official tabletop RPG for the Fighting Fantasy game called 'Stellar Adventures'. I've also been published by the BSFA and critiqued by Arthur C Clarke, which boiled down to 'bad narrative, good dialogue'.

I write articles for and design tabletop roleplaying games and right now I'm designing and illustrating my own game due out this year called 'Those Dark Places', a game based on the dark industrial sci-fi thrillers of the 1970s and 80s, so I'm really hoping to invoke the atmosphere and terror of Alien, as well as movies like Outland.

I joined here because I've been reading AvPG for a while and now want to get involved a bit more in the community. There are some great threads here and the conversations are quite enlightening, so I hope to get some inspiration!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the forums, Farsight! I was reading your blog earlier and I really felt your pain in that latest blog.  :-\ I organize some tabletop games around my end and also having organizing gaming sessions here, I could empathise. Hope you enjoy it here!

The Snipes

Hey! I come from Global AVP, I've intended to sign up here for a while but just didn't get around to it. I have been a fan since AVP2 and want to get back into the community more. I went by many different aliases on Global AVP and have decided to stick with this one. I really like what you guys do here and just want to say thanks for sticking to it for all these years. Right now I have been tasked by the staff at Global AVP to share news with you guys every now and again since the website is not really well known. I personally want to divulge in discussions and learn more about the franchise from this knowledgeable fan base too :P As a representative from Global AVP we want to wish AVP Galaxy a happy 2018.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Welcome AvP Galaxy, Snipes! And a happy New Year to you guys too. There's an existing thread for your site so feel free to continue to share updates about your site in there  :) http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53345.

The Snipes

Thank you, just shared an update.

Corporal Hicks

No worries!  :) Please be careful not to just go around here spamming the board with advertisements for Global though. We're happy for people to share their websites but signing up for the purpose of and subsequently spamming their own links is against our rules. Thanks.

farsightblogger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2018, 12:58:09 PM
Welcome to the forums, Farsight! I was reading your blog earlier and I really felt your pain in that latest blog.  :-\ I organize some tabletop games around my end and also having organizing gaming sessions here, I could empathise. Hope you enjoy it here!

Cheers, Corp - I'm enjoying sharing at the moment and really enjoying the site as a whole.

The Snipes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2018, 02:26:20 PM
No worries!  :) Please be careful not to just go around here spamming the board with advertisements for Global though. We're happy for people to share their websites but signing up for the purpose of and subsequently spamming their own links is against our rules. Thanks.
That would probably scare people away. I am just here for the thread and perhaps share some news that hasn't made it on the Galaxy forums yet. My signature is good enough for an advertisement though. You should come back Hicks, it's lonely without you.

Anthony

Anthony

Welcome Arina!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Arina Forest on Jan 11, 2018, 01:08:56 PM
Hello everybody! I'm Arina :)

Welcome aboard, Arina!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed